Next week's VC download

unluckylink13 said:
Random, but...

Do you think Majora's Mask or DK64 will ever release for VC? I'm just wondering if games that required the Expansion pack are too large to download.
Nope. Never ever.

smuPoker said:
Nope. Never ever.

Sarcasm? I can see them both being questionable...DK64 for licensing reasons and MM because I doubt the demand is high enough to justify porting or emulating it (or however they get the games to play on non-native hardware)...

I'm just wondering if they would leave out an N64 game due to size...RE2 was the biggest N64 game at 64mb (not that I think they'd release it on the VC because there's probably little to no demand), but I don't think Majora's Mask was much bigger than Ocarina in terms of ROM size...

Just wondering where you're coming from, no hostility, genuinely curious...

hiredgoonz said:
Sarcasm? I can see them both being questionable...DK64 for licensing reasons and MM because I doubt the demand is high enough to justify porting or emulating it (or however they get the games to play on non-native hardware)...

I'm just wondering if they would leave out an N64 game due to size...RE2 was the biggest N64 game at 64mb (not that I think they'd release it on the VC because there's probably little to no demand), but I don't think Majora's Mask was much bigger than Ocarina in terms of ROM size...

Just wondering where you're coming from, no hostility, genuinely curious...
Sarcasm because as many, many, many, many people have said repeatedly on this forum: No one knows what games will be released for the VC.

smuPoker said:
Sarcasm because as many, many, many, many people have said repeatedly on this forum: No one knows what games will be released for the VC.

I understand the frustration...although "do you think MM or DK64 will ever come out?" is a very different question from "what's coming out next week?"

Personally, I'm curious about how they do the VC games...machine translation for each system, higher level software emulators, game specific emulators, re-porting the games, etc...

That's why I was curious about your response...I think unluckylink13 had the misfortune of stepping into a touchy thread...his question was pretty innocuous...

KPac511 said:
I'm guessing Donkey Kong Country within the next 2 weeks. Other than that I dunno.
As far as people thinking WiiChat knows when the public doesn't... yeah it's annoying but maybe they're just looking for people who have some kinda idea. I know I saw a board somewhere where there were people who knew exactly when Super Mario World was coming out and had found out some special way and now I'm kicking myself that I can't find it. But DKC I'm guessing because the newest issue of Nintendo Power shows all the games coming out for the VC this month and that's the only one in the issue that isn't actually out yet, so it's gotta be out SOON.

Donkey Kong country is already out in the UK

JerrodDRagon said:
Why does everyone want this game, there's 2 different ways to get this game
1) N64
2) The Oot and Master Quest disk
3) Legend Collection disk.

Lets get some games like Star Fox, Mario RPG and Donkey Kong 64 games that we have not played in like 7-10 years and don't already have 3 copies of the game.

I hope Donkey Kong Country comes out I want that game SO BAD.

Like OMGZ no kidding Imma gonna get one.
(wonders if he's noticed how sarcastic I have been in the last three posts in this thread) :aureola:

I'm just surprised nobody's pointed out that he said "2 different ways" but listed 3 :p
And really, if people already have either of the GC discs, yeah it's a little pointless to be hellbent on getting any of the Zelda games. But if you don't, it's not so easy to find those discs at a fair price. GameStop still charges $50 or something for the collection I think. I've never seen the OoT Master Quest disc for sale anywhere. Sure, you could look on eBay (I never have so I dunno) but that's kinda what makes VC nice... you don't have to look all over the place. If all 4 games on the Collection are released on VC, they would cost a total of $30 (assuming they're priced normally, $10 + $10 + $5 + $5)

KPac511 said:
I'm just surprised nobody's pointed out that he said "2 different ways" but listed 3 :p
And really, if people already have either of the GC discs, yeah it's a little pointless to be hellbent on getting any of the Zelda games. But if you don't, it's not so easy to find those discs at a fair price. GameStop still charges $50 or something for the collection I think. I've never seen the OoT Master Quest disc for sale anywhere. Sure, you could look on eBay (I never have so I dunno) but that's kinda what makes VC nice... you don't have to look all over the place. If all 4 games on the Collection are released on VC, they would cost a total of $30 (assuming they're priced normally, $10 + $10 + $5 + $5)
I just sold my original N64 ones, and I have the game cube discs as well. In all honesty I want Mario Party the most. I want to get the first three on my Wii so I can use cube or classic controls with it. I hate n64 controllers. :devil:

hiredgoonz said:
I understand the frustration...although "do you think MM or DK64 will ever come out?" is a very different question from "what's coming out next week?"

Personally, I'm curious about how they do the VC games...machine translation for each system, higher level software emulators, game specific emulators, re-porting the games, etc...

That's why I was curious about your response...I think unluckylink13 had the misfortune of stepping into a touchy thread...his question was pretty innocuous...

i just hope that games that used the expansion pack would be able to be downloaded. majora's mask is one of my favorite games.

by the way, sorry for poppin' that question in a this thread. i can see how my question could be thought of as something like 'what's comin' out next week'

one last thing - i'm so glad that kid icarus and ice climbers came out because now i finally have the chance of playing them =D.

unluckylink13 said:
i just hope that games that used the expansion pack would be able to be downloaded. majora's mask is one of my favorite games.

by the way, sorry for poppin' that question in a this thread. i can see how my question could be thought of as something like 'what's comin' out next week'

one last thing - i'm so glad that kid icarus and ice climbers came out because now i finally have the chance of playing them =D.

I hope so too...I don't think your question was inappropriate...I guess so many people have asked what's coming out, when nobody knows, that it's gotten to the point where it is taboo...

Back