Nights?

borabora00

FEMALEGAMERDON'TB ALARMED
Dec 28, 2007
NYC
Wii Online Code
3733-5588-4673-7319
What Kind Of Game Is Nights I'm Curious About It But I Want To Know More About It B4 I Purchase It.

I can't tell you much about it even though I own it. It's the only game I regret getting. Flying sounded fun, the box said you could make your own world to invite friends over. The graphics, story and music are great. The controls however are the worst thing I have ever used. It's like trying to fly in a 3d world on a 2 dimensional plane that's simulating 3d. Very annoying, and I couldn't get used to it. I got to mad at the controls, and only tried playing the game 6 times or so before I gave up.

Some might like it, and be able to get used to it, but I hate trying to play a game with a gigantic learning curve on the controls, when everything else seems simple and beautiful.

Sorry that I can't be much help in describing what it's like, as I still don't know :(

Also let me add, as far as the controls go you can try using the Wiimote, or wiimote and nunchuck, gamecube controller, and even the classic controller. I didn't have much luck with any of them.

NiGHTS into dreams, the original, is the second greatest game ever made in my opinion and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO UNDERRATED!!!

NiGHTS journey of dreams is a great game as well and suprised me with its depth. SEGA did a good job making it a sequel, though its not even close to being the timeless classic the original was. i really wish they wouldn't have made this game for wii though to tell the truth. this game would have been perfect on 360 and really good on PS3, but the wii is the worst choice. heck, PSP would be better. now im not bashing on the Wii i love the Wii, but this game specifically does not work well. here's why.

the original is about flying fluidly. this was pulled off by using a special analog stick included in teh game. the stick is so accurate for the game as it is basically a ball with a flat nub at the top, allowing for perfect ways to fly. the 360controller (which i use while playing this game [legally] on an emulator) works just as well. but the wii's controllers fail. first off, the wiimote controls suck terribly and should not have been done. it seemed like such a good idea but just doesn't work out. leaving you with the nunchuck, classic controller and gamecube controller. the nunchuck and the classic controller, however, have ridges. the gamecube controller has ridges too, but the stick is bigger and the ridges are less, which makes it the best choice. the classic controller and nunchuck are just not suitable for this game (though the nunchuck and remote used while using the wii zapper is quite satisfying). its just not right for this game at all.

the gamecube controller got me by as best as it could, but i could not help but wish throughout the whole game that this game was made on 360 as it would have been another home run for NiGHTS. now, SEGA will be doubtful of ever bringing up the franchise because the wii version will dissapoint.

long story short, buy it if you have a GC controller. do not attempt the other 3 control options

Thanks for that rundown of your experiences with it. I will try more with the GC controller this evening. I would like to enjoy this game, but the controls make it so irritating.

i use the wii remote and nunchuck because well thats the first one i tried and im really good with them so thats that it really depends on what your used to using really

I enjoyed NiGHTS. It's fun and colorful.
You are Will and Helen, 2 young kids that are dreaming one night and come upon a dream world known as Nightopia. You meet NiGHTS and must dualize (combine) yourself with him/her (cant figure it's gender out >.>) and fly around collecting things called Ideya to save Nightopia.
It's way deerer than that, but fun and easy.

Graphics-7 Meh
Gameplay-8 You cant fly free-range but it's still addictive.
Sound-9.5 Great music and sounds
Replay-5 The only reason to play this after you beat it is for the Garden thing (which I cant figure out...>.>)

All in all, a 7.5
Great for kids too

Last edited:
Back