Nintendo 2011?

jimm22

WiiChat Member
Sep 17, 2009
Michigan, USA
Wii Online Code
1762-9966-7272-2671
Has everbody Noticed Nintendo's Tradition?

1985- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
1991- Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
1996- Nintendo 64 (N64)
2001- Nintendo Gamecube (NGC/GCN)
2006- Nintendo Wii (Wii)
2011- ???

Nintendo Of America has told me they've already started on the Predecessor to the Wii.

So what do you think the Next Nintendo should have Before the Next Two Years?
  • Better Graphics?
    eek.gif
  • 1080p/720p Quality?
    eek.gif
  • Blu-Ray Discs?
    eek.gif
  • Better USB Usage than just accessories and a Keyboard?
    cool.gif

Jimmy69
player @ gamersaloon.com

Looks like your still spaming that site note to you images dont work in the chat section)
Nintendo aint told you anything that we all already don't know.

And your forgetting the following
1977 - Color TV game 6
1978 - Color tv game 15
1979 - Color TV game block breaker
1980 - 1991 Game and watch
1989 - Game boy
1995 - Virtual boy
1996 - Game boy poket
1998 - Game boy light
1998 - Game boy color
1999 - 64DD
2001 - Game boy Advance
2003 - Game boy Advance SP
2004 - DS
2005 - Game boy Micro
2006 - DS lite
2008 - DSi

The only tradition I see is a load of handhelds based on the same thing and the odd console.

The predecessor to the Wii was the Gamecube.
Ya got him there (before me)

are there any sketches of the new '11 console?

lol sorry just read the previous possts. so they havent actuall started making one have they u just say the every 5 year trend of releses for nintendo consoles

Last edited by a moderator:
lol sorry just read the previous possts. so they havent actuall started making one have they u just say the every 5 year trend of releses for nintendo consoles

Use the edit instead of double posting
(and sort out the size of your sig I hate scrolling down a lot)

Well the fact that the console is in the making dose not stop people from doing mock ups of what they think it looks like.

lol yeah sorry bout my sigs i have em for my clan"s" so i apologize for the size of em and have u seen any of the sketches yet

Give it a few weeks.
These things take time
But dont hope for a small console

(May I also suggest one line for sigs)

Use the edit instead of double posting
(and sort out the size of your sig I hate scrolling down a lot)

His two posts were almost 5 hours apart. Edited posts are not flagged as "new" so if you read the board using the New Posts option, you would not see his second message if you already read the original.

Use the report button when you see a double post and one of us will take care of it ASAP (
report.gif
). Thanks.

I can for the next console from Nintendo. I think they need to re think their strategy.

Check the signature!

Wow I was Just thinking about making a thread about this but it looks like the ideas already taken. The new wii 2 is rumored to come out in 2011 but there not sure yet what the system is acually going to be named, here is the article.
"What They Play" has heard from multiple sources in the game development and publishing community that Nintendo is currently showing early presentations of its next home console hardware. Apparently set to hit the market “by 2011” the new device is said to be the true “next generation” Nintendo console, and far more than a simple refresh of the current hardware. Unlike previous console transitions from Nintendo, the new system will be presented as a true successor to the Wii, and is being dubbed by those that have seen the presentation as “Wii HD.” There is no indication if this will be its eventual name, but the nature of the transition has been characterized as similar to “the shift from Game Boy to Game Boy Advance,” where familiar, key elements were left intact while the core hardware was made more powerful. It is expected by all those that we have spoken to on the subject that the new device will retain the Wii name in part.

While our sources are reluctant to be too specific about “Wii HD,” they have been able to divulge some (albeit predictable) generalizations. High definition visuals are assured, as is a greater emphasis on digitally distributed and backwardly compatible content, indicating that the new system will feature some form of local storage medium such as a hard drive or large flash memory solution. It has also been indicated that Nintendo’s emphasis is again on what the consumer will hold in their hands and interact with, rather than the “console” itself.

Back