Nintendo - Next Gen

ssbb_lover

Novocain Stain'd
Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Alright, everyone (hopefully) has admitted that the Wii was made primarily to get non-gamers into gaming, NOT for hardcore gamers. The big hits (Galaxy, Corruption, etc.) have come short (literally; not in gameplay, but in length, and also have been easier). Now, the begging question is, where will they go next-gen? Will they continue to make games easier and shorter for those "new" gamers, or will they begin to go back to their old ways and make games more complex?

Discuss.

ssbb_lover said:
Alright, everyone (hopefully) has admitted that the Wii was made primarily to get non-gamers into gaming, NOT for hardcore gamers. The big hits (Galaxy, Corruption, etc.) have come short (literally; not in gameplay, but in length, and also have been easier). Now, the begging question is, where will they go next-gen? Will they continue to make games easier and shorter for those "new" gamers, or will they begin to go back to their old ways and make games more complex?

Discuss.
Actually, many reviewers have described the Wii as the ONLY next-gen console. It is a completely new direction, whereas the 360 and PS3 are just improvements of old ideas

Not next gen in graphics but gameplay, but it just needs more "Hardcore games" like this man says.

FRuMMaGe said:
Actually, many reviewers have described the Wii as the ONLY next-gen console. It is a completely new direction, whereas the 360 and PS3 are just improvements of old ideas

never thought of it that way...

i like the wii the way it is.

To me....the Wii is the Only Next-Gen System....

While PS3 and 360 are improvements from their originals....*COUGHS....GRAPHICS...* *SNEEZES....BLU-RAY..HI-DEF...*

*FARTS.....Same CONTROLLER...NO DIFFERENT...JUST SOME ADDED FEATURES*

*NOT NEXT-GEN....STEP YOUR GAME UP..*

yep many critics said that wii is the only next gen counsle and i agree with them becouse the ps3 and xbox360 are just improvements of the last idea but we whont see really hard core games untill 08 or 09 in 08 is SSBB and also disaster day of crysis, monster hunter 3 , animal crosing mmo and mario cart. EXPECt A LOT MORE FROM WII>>>>>>>>>>>>>DONT FORGET SPORE.........

Metroid and Zelda yeah they were short STFU you don't even know what your talking about

and to those of you who say the Wii is the only nex-gen you don't know whatyour talking about either Gamecube could do the same thing the PS2 could do but Wii couldn't come close to PS3

WiiZero said:
Metroid and Zelda yeah they were short STFU you don't even know what your talking about

and to those of you who say the Wii is the only nex-gen you don't know whatyour talking about either Gamecube could do the same thing the PS2 could do but Wii couldn't come close to PS3

ps3 sawks tho

all about 360 baby :cool:

I would like too see some more hardcore fps and 2ps you know what i mean
I would also like to see more hardcore games and ones that are longer and more complicated.

All hail the 360

All hail the 360

All hail the 360

Hmm I like the wii, I like the games, I like the Controls, I think the games are just right in length and if they were made any longer I would probally never play them again. SInce I like it i dont really care what other people think. I get Shat in school for owning a Wii and when those people come over thats all they want to do. Go figure.

I think super mario galaxy was the eprfect game ninty coulud have released for their strategy, easy for teh newcomers, however doing all comets etc., playing game as
luigi
is quite difficult...

I also found twilight princess decently hard, bosses were relatively easy, but i found the temples to be long and hard(lolzors)

disaster: day of crisis looks like it could bring some challanges, and im' sure there are games to come....

Zelda short?
Took me 53 hours to beat, and maybe I am not "teh hardcore" you speak of.
But thats a good length for me.

I find it to be next gen, its just their strategy is to appeal to the non-gamers.
To me they haven't forgot about the others.

And Wii maybe can't dish out Ps3 type visuals, but it sure can do wonders.
Galaxy looks amazing in every aspect, developers just need to use push the Wii to the max, many of them don't do that.

PS3 won't make it through 09 and maybe 08. 360 could last a little longer. Wii is just phenominal (SP?). It's in a whole new direction then the PS3 and 360. I wonder whats Sonys and Microsofts next move.

Back