How i see Wii in this next gen wars.

Link_

The Hero Of Time
Nov 22, 2006
Puerto Rico
Wii Online Code
3401-8126-5359-2546
I will make this short.

in the last gen wars the clear winner was the ps2,regardless of its "inferior" hardware,as always its all about the games.the xbox and gamecube went head to head for an almost tie,with the xbox winning by a small margin.so the 2 "superior machines" loss.

but here is a fact.when you compare the ps2 to GC or xbox the diference its notable but not outstanding.examples.soul calibur 2,the splinter cell series,metal gear solid series and so on,thats because the technical specs from each console are not too separate,xbox 700 processor 64 ram,GC 485 processor 24 ram,ps2 300 processor 32 ram.

to the point.
in this next gen wars we see that nintendo took the gameplay over graphics aproach,but i think the wii specs are too weak compared to the competition.that means that we can see a good game play well on the xbox and the ps2,but not potentially on the ps3 or 360 to play on wii,examples far cry,call of duty.this games look way too crappy on the wii,and this is just the beggining,as well as the wii development improves so the ps3 and 360's.

the point i see is that maybe third parties would dump wii in the long run for the "more powerfull machines".

i think if nintendo at least got a 1ghz processor and 256 ram,that would do as a last gen ps2 compared to the competition,the way i see is that the wii stand as a nintendo 64 compared to a ps2 and xbox.

by the way this is not a nintendo bashing thread,im a nintendo fan since i can remember.

later dudes.

Link_ said:
the point i see is that maybe third parties would dump wii in the long run for the "more powerfull machines".
Developers don't care about processing power, they care about the number of systems available. More systems = more money. Take Dragon Quest IX for the DS for example...

alocubano.
nope,i love my wii,what i just stated is just my theory.but a valid one i think.

Last edited:
ReTodd said:
Developers don't care about processing power, they care about the number of systems available. More systems = more money. Take Dragon Quest IX for the DS for example...
the DS got its user base defined way before the psp's. in the last gen case the ps2 got its user base one year ahead of the competition,in the wii's case its head to head with the competition,and 360 got a year ahead. its not the same.

Gamecubes sold less so developers cared less.
Indirectly graphics may cause loss of sales which would loose developers but for such a cheap price people don't care for graphics to much.

Don't worry about the Wii failing, I'll bet money that it places 1st or not to far behind (under 360)

The question is: will developers take time to create a new set of controls for their game just for the wii?

THe thing that I don't want to see is that the wii will end up like the other the n64 and gc (where all games are Mario : ________). (I"m not a big-time gamer, so I might be wrong on this one. But that was the impression that GC and N64 gave me)

StevenNevets said:
Gamecubes sold less so developers cared less.
Indirectly graphics may cause loss of sales which would loose developers but for such a cheap price people don't care for graphics to much.

Don't worry about the Wii failing, I'll bet money that it places 1st or not to far behind (under 360)
my point exactly,ps2 sold more,because it was out a year before the competition regarding its inferior hardware,if the ps2 was released at the same time xbox and GC i tell you the history would be diferent.

developers dont care about graphics when they have a system with an user base installed.in this case wii and ps3 are fighting from scrach,and 360 has a year run.

cyc said:
The question is: will developers take time to create a new set of controls for their game just for the wii?

THe thing that I don't want to see is that the wii will end up like the other the n64 and gc (where all games are Mario : ________). (I"m not a big-time gamer, so I might be wrong on this one. But that was the impression that GC and N64 gave me)
well thats not it,i think developers will spend time in creating a "new set of controls for their game" the problem is that they could do that or they could develop it for the more,more,more powerfull consoles.

i think the only thing that saves wii is that somehow they get more userbase than ps3 at least,

this is my next gen winner predictions.
IN JAPAN
Wii
PS3

IN EUROPE
Wii
PS3

AMERICAS
Wii
PS3

i could be wrong,but i just put sony behind because of the price of the consoles and the games.way to expensive to create a huge user base quickly enough to get 360,or nintendos momentum.

unless nintendo somehow breaks into the americas again,a batch of AAA games could do that,360 only have Gears of wars,and nothing more,for me halo looks pretty and all,but i have never liked it at all.i think some thinks the same.

Back