Next Gen Wars

asdfnick said:
what games have been made by sony, or microsoft, that were good

The answer will of course change from person to person. What some one thinks of a "Good" game will "suck" to another. Microsoft and Sony have made some damned good games, and some train wrecks too - and Nintendo is no stranger to varying degrees of quality either.

The OP ( of this particular thread - not the topic ) said that "At least Nintendo makes its own games"... well, so do all other console manufacturers - so I don't quite get their point.

"2.Is the wii doing so well because of motion sensing?"
Thats why I bought a Wii too - its innovative. If the Wii didn't have this I would not have bought one. It makes games so much more fun and immersive.

Last edited:
asdfnick said:
what games have been made by sony, or microsoft, that were good

I am not a xBox expert, but I know Microsoft's Halo, Halo 2 as well as Sony's God of War and Gran Turismo series are among some of the greatest games ever made. God of War series is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica studios. Gran Turismo series are developed by Polyphony Digital, which is a part of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios. While the Halo series were developed by Bungie studios and Bungie was acquired by Microsoft in 2000. There are plenty of other great games out there for both consoles that were developed in house. These are just the two that came to my mind after reading your post.

1.why is the ps3 losing so badly,can it have a come-back??
PS3 is loosing because it listened to the hard core gamers... PS3 reminds me of a movie called pentagon wars... their building this awsome tank and all these people want the best of this and the best of that and eventually its an expensive pice of junk... PS3 needs to settle down and look at its priority in the video game industry and work at that.

2.Is the wii doing so well because of motion sensing? yes and no <-- the wii brings people that have never used video games or a console to the tv and its fun <--- KEY WORD fun..... I remember when I was little and NES was fun... their it is again FUN....
wasnt grafix and speed and power it was fun...

3.Was nintendo dumb because they did not try to copy xbox live? We'll see... I do like xbox live and how it works....

4.Should microsoft take the price down on the wireless adapter?or just make a tottaly new 360? Drop the price... rebuilding a new system would be too expensive and ineficient at this point and time unless its updated like going from xbox to xbox 360

5.Is ps3 a failure only because of it's price? No... the % of heavy gamers to the % of overworked and underpaid people is tooo vast... they structured this machine for the people that need the best of the best to gloat....

6.If the ps3 had a lower price would the 360 be done for? No because the 360 would drop its price to kill the ps3

7.should the wii have focused more on multimedia like it's competitors? yes and no.... once you release a system like that.. you can always upgrade in the future and rerelease with the upgraded version... [marketing scheme] for that price you can do it

8.Who will win? why? the PC will win rofl <--- uber grafix and upgradable woot
see i'm not a wii fan boy [or am i]{i heart my wii}

Hondan said:
I am not a xBox expert, but I know Microsoft's Halo, Halo 2 as well as Sony's God of War and Gran Turismo series are among some of the greatest games ever made. God of War series is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica studios. Gran Turismo series are developed by Polyphony Digital, which is a part of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios. While the Halo series were developed by Bungie studios and Bungie was acquired by Microsoft in 2000. There are plenty of other great games out there for both consoles that were developed in house. These are just the two that came to my mind after reading your post.
well, i was just refering to games like zelda, which dont have a big, BUNGIE CORP logo stamped to the intro of the game, they just say, nintendo, you never boot up an xbox or sony game and it just says, sony, or , xbox

Regarding #2, I'd say definitely, but I don't think people give enough credit to Wii Sports for the initial success of the Wii. The first time I even considered getting a Wii was after having a blast playing Wii Sports. Does anyone really think the Wii would have done so well if Wii Sports weren't included to showcase the new control technology? Wii Sports was the only title that you could get ANYONE to try and enjoy. People talk about how their parents and even grandparents play and enjoy the Wii, but they're usually playing Wii Sports, not Zelda or Red Steel.

Yes, the presentation is different when starting games from different systems. However, just because the screen displays "Bungie" or "Sony Computer Entertainment" doesn't mean the games are not developed in house. I do agree with you on the presentation part though, Sony and Microsoft's games tend to have plenty of logos pop up before the game.

Part of the reason Ps3 is doing so bad is the price, It's so high that only adults could aford one, which is a mistake, because most adults don't have TIME to play vidio games. Sure, they might own a systom and play sometimes, but in the long run they usually not actual gamers. They're people who had extra money on them and they thought is would be fun to get a console. even that is somewhat rare to see. And also the PS3 dosen't give you a reason as to WHY you should by it. thw wii and 360 can do everything the PS3 can. The controller is EXACTLY THE SAME AS TH PS2 CONTROLLER. Infact, other then it's graphics, the ps3 is just PS2 with the 2 'xed' out with a 3 above it.

asdfnick said:
well, i was just refering to games like zelda, which dont have a big, BUNGIE CORP logo stamped to the intro of the game, they just say, nintendo, you never boot up an xbox or sony game and it just says, sony, or , xbox
whats the difference?
whats it matter?

@bapfap
controllers exactly the same?
wii and 360 offer everything a ps3 dose?
mehhhhhhhhhh
education on the topic your talking about helps..

I say it's losing so badly because of it's arrogance towards the consumer. The large price point, the force-feeding of blu-ray among other things. I've actually read a statement from Sony (before the launch) claiming that people "will buy the PS3 even if it didn't play games". Now that's arrogant. Yes they can come back from this, but the battle is going to be so super hard at this point because of all the negativity already surrounding them. It's almost like Michael Jackson trying to get his 80's image back after the whole molestation accusations.
2.Is the wii doing so well because of motion sensing?
I say the Wii does good because of it's innovation and user friendly interface. You no longer need to be a wiz at videogames to know what's going on. Anyone of any age can pick it up and give it a go.3.Was nintendo dumb because they did not try to copy xbox live?
No. Because that's how you LOSE customers/gamers. By not being inventive and fresh. That's quite obvious in Sony's case, alot of people got turned off by the fact they seemed to be copying Nintendo's idea of motion sensing and Microsoft's idea of online structure.4.Should microsoft take the price down on the wireless adapter?or just make a tottaly new 360?
I think they're fine as they are right now.
5.Is ps3 a failure only because of it's price?
That's only one of countless reasons
6.If the ps3 had a lower price would the 360 be done for?
I want to say yes, but price isn't the only x-factor here. It also has to do with functionality and games.7.should the wii have focused more on multimedia like it's competitors
Not at all. Nintendo made the right choice by reminding the public that what they're buying first and foremost is a game console, not a do-all-entertainment hub.
8.Who will win? why?
I think Sony strategized themselves right out of the running. They could get back on track but its going to take tons of kissing the publics ass, because they've already ticked off so many people both in the gaming community as well as throughout the industry itself. It's going to be close, between 360 and Wii. Wii is gaining mass support from all demographics and seems to show no signs of slowing. But 360 also has lots of killer apps that help move hardware. Another on the horizon is Halo 3. That could definately boost sales. WAY WAY too early to declare any winners though.

Darth_Zant said:
I say it's losing so badly because of it's arrogance towards the consumer. The large price point, the force-feeding of blu-ray among other things. I've actually read a statement from Sony (before the launch) claiming that people "will buy the PS3 even if it didn't play games". Now that's arrogant. Yes they can come back from this, but the battle is going to be so super hard at this point because of all the negativity already surrounding them. It's almost like Michael Jackson trying to get his 80's image back after the whole molestation accusations.
2.Is the wii doing so well because of motion sensing?
I say the Wii does good because of it's innovation and user friendly interface. You no longer need to be a wiz at videogames to know what's going on. Anyone of any age can pick it up and give it a go.3.Was nintendo dumb because they did not try to copy xbox live?
No. Because that's how you LOSE customers/gamers. By not being inventive and fresh. That's quite obvious in Sony's case, alot of people got turned off by the fact they seemed to be copying Nintendo's idea of motion sensing and Microsoft's idea of online structure.4.Should microsoft take the price down on the wireless adapter?or just make a tottaly new 360?
I think they're fine as they are right now.
5.Is ps3 a failure only because of it's price?
That's only one of countless reasons
6.If the ps3 had a lower price would the 360 be done for?
I want to say yes, but price isn't the only x-factor here. It also has to do with functionality and games.7.should the wii have focused more on multimedia like it's competitors
Not at all. Nintendo made the right choice by reminding the public that what they're buying first and foremost is a game console, not a do-all-entertainment hub.
8.Who will win? why?
I think Sony strategized themselves right out of the running. They could get back on track but its going to take tons of kissing the publics ass, because they've already ticked off so many people both in the gaming community as well as throughout the industry itself. It's going to be close, between 360 and Wii. Wii is gaining mass support from all demographics and seems to show no signs of slowing. But 360 also has lots of killer apps that help move hardware. Another on the horizon is Halo 3. That could definately boost sales. WAY WAY too early to declare any winners though.
It will be close because of the thing about wii60 that many peeps already have here check this out:
link

Back