Nintendo passes Sony in market value!

ciper

May 1, 2007
▐▄█▀█▄▌
As of June 25 the values for each company were

6.56 trillion yen for Nintendo
6.50 trillion yen for Sony

This is largely caused by the current console war. I find it impressive considering how many other products Sony manufactures! The article also points out that "April US sales of Wii consoles meanwhile were quadruple those of Sony's PS3."

Source - http://www.theage.com.au/news/Techn...in-market-value/2007/06/25/1182623808686.html

if anything thing this just proves the ps3s profit-loss is really hurting sony.

minto: Catch up? Their value has been slowing going down while Nintendos has slowly been rising.

The only way they can catch up is by doing something different because the current strategy is NOT working.

Sovieto: Isnt that what everyone is saying about the Wii as well?

well they should catch up cus they sell like laptops,tvs,dvd players and some other stuff

Sovieto said:
of course i do, their good games are yet to come.
still, not that many people would pay $600 just to play some good games. by the time the ps3 gets its top titles out, i would say the wii would be only triple of the ps3, maybe even double (monthly sales

paintba||er said:

The price will probably drop pretty soon.
oh yea, thats true. well then the wii will sell double monthly then. man, if the ps3 was $400, it would pwn.

i wonder if the wii will drop down to $100 like the gamecube. most likely it wont though.

Wouldn't the price of making the Ps3 go down too? Due to the price of the things needed to make a Ps3? Then they could reduce the price... I think Sony confirmed a price drop, not sure if they announced the price, but they stated that it was a good price

ciper said:
Sony already LOSES money on each PS3 sold. If the price were to drop...
But they are going to put in the new processors that are cheaper and cooler. Even if it makes them lose more on the consoles, they would still make more money in the end, because they would sale more games and other stuff that they make a profit on.

I have a hard time believing the PS3 will be able to catch up, the Wii still has great momentum, and more games to come. Plus, of course, it's cheaper ;)

Hey, isn't this the first time Nintendo has "won" a console war against Sony? Both the N64 and Gamecube were beat, so this is really the first victory, right?

Back