Nintendo Philosophy In Question...?

Rolex

Moody Loner
Dec 26, 2006
Norway
Wii Online Code
6825-6610-9310-1313
All,

I have been reading this argument regarding Nintendo's 'intent' for gaming and found this article quite interesting.

http://positivesharing.com/2006/11/business-lessons-from-the-nintendo-wii/

The main point of the article as I see it, is that, has the big N - actually been innovative with the Wii in the grand scheme of video game progression. Sure they have managed to open up the non / casual player market with Wii sports, Wii play even possibly Ray-man but have they done enough to encourage longevity for these players? My view is at the moment - mmmm not too sure. Whilst there is no doubt that Wii sports does have an enjoyable appeal with it's "pick up and play" control system - has the game got the legs to keep sales up for the system?? (Just for the record I NEVER want to go back to the way it was - I am 1000% over the moon with the Wiimote system)

I look at the big launch titles of Redsteel and Zelda - both hugely enjoyable BUT do they have the power to drag non-players in - if not, it would go against the current Nintendo philosophy for the Wii!

The games that are scheduled for the coming months quite possibly just hark back to regular gaming- don't they, which Sony & MS have as well. I am sure I will be shot down on this comments.

Let me know what you think...

Interesting

Rolex said:
(Just for the record I NEVER want to go back to the way it was - I am 1000% over the moon with the Wiimote system)
You and I are in complete agreement.

BUT in the event of there not being what would be considered 'quality' releases, this leaves only the avenue of Homebrew Game Creating

Which appeals greatly to me :D

Back