Nintendo Switch

It dont look like motion controls

Cant see a camera on the "tablet" part of it

MyNintendoNews posted confirmation that it won't support dual screen gameplay :(
I can only hope it changes by the time of release.

Im thinking more of the kinda LAN thing, the video did show people sitting round a few screens

Think how id love a few 4 swords style games, they would be great at my games nights
Even if there where ment to be retro themed nights

My personal opinion on it is
I am not really looking forward to it that much, its an interesting thing, but the last Nintendo system I was really excited for was the Wii, as its controller was a good idea and did stir things up, this I dont really think will get the public interested in it like the Wii did, gaming is changing for the worst, I have been with it since more or less the birth and while it is nice to have the whole "Quick go" games back in the fold most are the same popular thing re-skinned and quality control is a major issue, that is also an issue on big budget games, a lot of them are broken at launch and rely on patches to be fixed, will this be the case with Switch games?

The "On the go" aspect of it, dont really effect me as I dont really travel long distances and most my commutes are via bike or bus so only quick go games need apply, even then I tend to just carry a tablet and read things on it so if it has basic tablet functions and a few gig of storage as well as a decent battery I might just use it for that.
That is of course if it supports such apps, a PDF reader is a must, maybe a bit of video player software,
Give it some basic tablet functions, so some can treat it as a fancy branded one (Like a less arse iPad)

Anyway
Maybe im just getten a bit old and im gettin a bit j-j-j-jaded after being burned be so meany console broken promises

I put down a pre order already lol. Im a nintendo ***** so i couldn't help it.
Another first year member................

If the Joy-Cons optionally supported motion controls and turned into what Wiimote+Nunchuck were with the Wii (the guy in the plane holding them like that reminded me of that), and if they enable dual screen gameplay (I am pretty sure Zelda BotW will NEED dual screen), then Switch would be the ultimate Nintendo console.

A consoles greatness is built upon the games, not the hardware

For example see Xbox one, awesome machine, with next to no exclusives of note

Agreed, but in last couple of generations Nintendo heavily influenced with the overall hardware experience - the way you play it. I am so happy to have been able to experience Mario Kart Wii with wheel controls, The Conduit, CoD or other fps with Wiimote aiming, ZombiU, Splatoon or Fatal Frame with dual screen gameplay, it's just something regular hardware cannot replicate no matter how graphically impressive the game looks or how tight the thumbstick controls are.

I'm loyal to Nintendo and I'm all for them tryin' new things and such, I even applaud it, but goshdarn those devices devour batteries, It can be a real bummer when Link stops responding and you reach for replacements, only for your hand to meet an empty package... On a sunday night. Heartbreaking, it lowers morale.

Anyway, that's more on my side than them, but I wouldn't mind at all if they worked around that little factor to make wireless usage more comfortable.

Why do you want the worst modern Bethesda game on the Switch?

OAifI8Z.jpg

Because I enjoyed it. Not being as good as Fallout 3 or Skyrim doesn't mean it's a bad game in my book. And worst modern Bethesda game would have to go to Elder Scrolls Online in my opinion.

The only bits of personal excitement I feel for the Switch are that Splatoon 2 excites me and if there are no mandatory motion controls, that's exciting because third party devs won't have to work around the gimick. Generally speaking Nintendo consoles are the only ones I buy since they're tedious to emulate, but outside of Splatoon 2 I don't really see much reason to jump out of my trousers for it yet. It is certainly an interesting thing - their Tegra card doesn't really impress me, any ports to the system will likely run sub-par graphical performances parallel to other systems running it which is part of the selling point that Nintendo didn't have to worry about too often before, but I wonder how they will now.

The carry and go feature is a gimick to me, I will likely never undock the system. If I'm not at work or home, I'm out where technology has no place so it isn't relevant to me, I have no opinion of it. We'll see what else Ninty drums up to sell it, I sincerely hope their marketing team is a little more sober this go around.

And can these cartridges really hold as much data as a Blu-Ray disc?

You know that little SD card in your phone that can likely hold several dozen gigs of data?

SD cards now go upto a terabyte

They drop in price everyyear

Yeah, I don't see Ninty games hardly ever needing more space than 64gb which averages $25US retail and is way cheaper to make than a disc. Just look at the Vita, Disgaea 5 looks incredible on it.

That'd be nice but I believe it was stated somewhere that Switch games can't require touch, just as an option. Though I'm sure they'll make exceptions for a title or two.

So does this mean they are no longer making NX and this is it? Or is there still going to be an NX in addition to this?

This is the NX, the NX was a code name as was the Revolution (Wii) and Dolphin (GC)

Back