Nintendo Wii - Bluetooth Headset?

KripTed

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2008
im just wondering, since i cant find this anywhere, but will a bluetooth headset work with the nintendo wii? considering the controller is also bluetooth.

you can do this with the PS3, i know, but can u do this with the wii?

if someone could let me know, id gladly appreciate it, thanks.

im pretty sure theres like 100 threads already about this and people have been wondering the same thing as you for months...

the most we can do is sit back and wait until nintendo just decides to actually please everyone

and if your asking about third party bluetooth headsets out now sepereately, then no, i doubt they would work because in order for the there would have to be some sort of software or way for it to recognize a communication with not obly the wii but a way to interact with games like MoHH2 or Madden because there is no current

that sucks that it wont work lol, i guess ill just use it for my PS3

and this is only one of the many reasons why i am starting to dislike nintendo lol

Ninty needs a lot of extras if Wii is to be considered an internet-console!

Hey There. Assuming the other people here are right and the Wii doesn't support the features you want then to get audio *only* through a bluetooth headset you could just buy an adaptor off ebay or a chinese drospshipper like chinavasion or davismicro. A plus side is that the adpator would also work with your HiFi, TV, MP3 player etc.. Brandless off ebay will be a lot cheaper than a Motorola or brand name device and since it's gonna be on the back of your Wii it's not gonna be getting bashed about anyway. The thing is to support audio like you want the Wii's existing bluetooth adaptor would need to support some protocols such as A2DP/AVCTP/ in hardware and software. So even if Nintendo release a Wii tomorrow with this functionality a legacy/old Wii wouldn't unless you cracked open the casing and installed the new Bluetooth adaptor/transmitter. Like most engineers I'm an old school/PC/Xbox gamer so I dunno if Wii has microphone's for multiplayer gaming but with an adaptor you probably (I'm near definite) won't have this functionality. Also probably only support one headset but if there was another person in the room playing then be social and take the earphones off!! Anyway if you get an adaptor then you need to get one with the right connection (I think on Wii's its a red cable you hook up to the tv) to fit the Wii's audio ports, and has A2DP/AVCTP and your headset needs to support these protocols too. Problem here is I believe Wii uses a proprietary multi out cable - so could take a lot of browsing/searching to get everything hooked up. Me personally I'd just buy a really good (and cheaper than bluetooth) set of wireless FM earphones and connect them to the tv that the Wii's hooked up to. You'd also have them for use them for yer pc and other gizmos too - sound quality, battery life and durability would be better and they would have more varied uses. :)

that sucks that it wont work lol, i guess ill just use it for my PS3

and this is only one of the many reasons why i am starting to dislike nintendo lol

Here is whAt you do. If you own an xb360 or ps3 you and your friends can log in to a chat through the 360 or ps3 and then go and play your wii games

Back