Nintendo Wii Launch Stories!

I went to New York not even knowing they got 2,500 Wii's shiped to ToysRus and I stood in line for three hours but it wasn't that bad. The time went by pretty fast.

Walmart only had 10 systems so I left the house around 6:45 and I arrived at Walmart a little after 7 where a line of 8 was already formed. I get in line as #9 and #10 arrived just seconds after I did. For the next hour, I listened to two soccer moms in front of me talking about their kids and how they wanted a PS3 but they were like "I was like, NO WAY! That thing cost too much!...so they decided to go with the Wii" and the dude in front of the line (maybe 15-16 years old) wouldn't shut up about Zelda and he kept giving parents in line information about the Wii that was totally wrong but I said nothing.

They handed out the 10 tickets about 15-20 minutes before sell time. Only a few extra people showed up hoping to get a Wii..including one woman who got pretty rude about the whole thing. Saying stuff like "They told me that were going to sell them at 8 and I'm here at 8! They should mean what they say!". Funny moment after that when the soccer moms looked back at me and totally rolled their eyes at the woman lol. The saleswoman finally rolled out from the back with the Wiis and the line surely shrank down to #9 and I bought my Wii! :D

The End.

Kuma said:
I live in Venezuela ( latin america ) and I knew it was not going to be easy to get a console online during launch day. So, I decided to ask one of the many people I've met in World of Warcraft. I asked one of my guild mates to go and get me a console on launch day, he said no problem ( I helped him a lot in-game, so we became really good buddies )

He called his friend that works in a TRUS to see how many they were getting, 150 he said. So he got there, did a 4 hours line, and got one. Total was $267 with taxes. He got home and messaged me "I got your wii".

I gave him my courier address in miami, he shipped it overnight. Arrived to my courier on the 21th, and I got it a week later here at home. I sent a check for $400, $267 the console, $33 the shipping and $100 as a gift for his trouble.

When he received the check, needless to say he was very surprised and happy :)

Love the wii, one fine piece of hardware :D

btw, that's a pretty awesome story! I'm just now getting into the World of Warcraft myself. Fun game

Tacos said:
Thanks, I thought it was cool too. What is spam?

spam is a post that has no meaning to the topic and is quite annoying.

like this topic for example is about the launch and how it went for you. not your Wii number or anything else.

and is a meat thing you can buy.

and how could a place lose the shipment??

Back