Nintendo Wii Online Shop Hacked!

Half Empty said:
That's what I was thinking when I saw that video. Why risk a 250$ system for a 5 or 10$ game?

Because they are poor nerds that spend all their money on Ramen Noodles and pocket protectors.

nerd.gif

ABC said:
Yes, watching the UNresizable, crap quality, Youtube videos on my TV is wonderful. Man, I wish I would have thought of that.
Youtube videos i watch arnt that bad quality and you can press the button to make it full screen;

Now fullscreen quality is good for me, so i would still get the good quality on my tv.

Could be quite useful for private video's

micster said:
Youtube videos i watch arnt that bad quality and you can press the button to make it full screen;

Now fullscreen quality is good for me, so i would still get the good quality on my tv.

Could be quite useful for private video's

I suppose so, but your telling me you can't wait to do that until the official Wii borwser is released and live?

ABC said:
I suppose so, but your telling me you can't wait to do that until the official Wii borwser is released and live?
Oh i can most definitely wait. Especially as i know that the browser that comes with the Wii isnt the opera browser.

A video using this 'hack' shows someone trying to use Youtube and it says you need flash, we all know Opera comes with flash meaning that this hack is useless if your not gonna get the Opera browser.

First off...
If he was hacking it would not show a screen saying a Hacked Version of " ".
Would it ? :confused:
And if Nintendo really cared they could charge them for breaking and entering..
:devil:

lol don't you see that he faked that whole thing, they dled zelda, recorded it, made a video of it, put on sd card, after it was done they reset it, then show the legend of zelda that htye allready have

pizzaluvr said:
lol don't you see that he faked that whole thing, they dled zelda, recorded it, made a video of it, put on sd card, after it was done they reset it, then show the legend of zelda that htye allready have

:lol: If that's true... they are even nerdier and gayer than I thought.

You guys are mad dumb. Hacking doesn't include editing text already preset in the software. Hacking is either modding the game files so it does something else, or changing a MIP line in the assembly to make it do something else. If the Wii runs on a MIPS processor, it can be hacked and disambelled like the ps2 was, which in conclusion means that I could make codes for it. These kind of codes:

32 bit: 2aaaaaaa 0bbbbbbb

You know nothing about hacking.....
Lol, and they are not hacking :(
They are so pathetic :lol:

wiicanchangetheworld said:

:lol: :lol: Who was that tool above you? Damn losers.

wiicanchangetheworld said:
I know nothing about it, yet I've made many things for the PS2 and I was one of the first in Halo 2 to have modded maps online? Please don't talk anything about me, since you know nothing about me.

cnmsales said:
Doesnt defeat the purpose of watching youtube vids and etc on your tv.

Buy a tv tuner card then ghetto ass.

ZinGy said:
I know nothing about it, yet I've made many things for the PS2 and I was one of the first in Halo 2 to have modded maps online? Please don't talk anything about me, since you know nothing about me.

Lmao, wow you hardcore hax0r. As far as games go, it isn't really hacking in general unless you are doing some sort of resource hacking with memory values.

And game "hackers" are lame as all hell anyways. Yes let's all find more ways to make ourselves look nerdy.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that when they're downloading that Legend of Zelda, they're actually getting it from their own DNS, much like the way they use their DNS to access the net with the shop channel. That would mean that they could name the file whatever they like, so that when the Wii starts to download it, it shows as "A Hacked Version Of Legend Of Zelda". Is that not a reasonable assumption?

pizzaluvr said:
Except, that still doesn't explain why it says it's downloading a "Hacked Version of Legend of Zelda", does it? The only way that it would, is if they were able to modify the file itself, which means, yes they were hacking.

And why is everyone being so harsh towards the people that did this? It wasn't long ago that everyone was commenting that it wouldn't be long until it was hacked so that we can use our own roms, and everyone was expecting it. Now we can, and nobody likes the idea anymore?

Rather than trying to discount what they've done, why not just say "That's cool, but I'd rather not hack my Wii."

Oh well, cool videos. Looks like the Wii hacking is coming along quickly. Won't be long before we have even more and faster ways of doing these things.

Cheers
Flip

Back