Nintendo Wii Vs. PS3

And1playa2007

WiiChat Member
Nov 16, 2006
I was going to buy the PS3 and sell it on craigslist.com or ebay or some other way and strike it rich...but, I couldn't take off that much school and really didn't want to camp out for almost 48 hours in advance to get one.
I know the Wiis will not be nearly as rare as the PS3 (I.E. - the Best Buy (a fairly large one) by my house is only receiving 27 PS3s).
I have a couple of questions:
If I want to get a Wii on Sunday, will I have to wait overnight in line outside?
Secondly, if I do get a Wii and post it on Ebay or craigslist, will I be able to make a profit worth my waiting outside for a while?
And Lastly, do you think these things will be sold out in a week or so, or month, or just never go sold out? I know parents are going to want them before XMas, so fill me in please.
Should I even waste my time?
Thank you in advance.

You could still wait out for the PS3, just do it with someone else, and wait in shifts. I think you would be able to make a profit off the Wii, but not as much as you would make of the PS3.

How dare you think to sell the wii :p

just kidding, but the ps3 you would probably get more, yet I wouldn't do either, because of the thousands of people buying it for a profit, you won't sell it.

And1playa2007 said:
I was going to buy the PS3 and sell it on craigslist.com or ebay or some other way and strike it rich...but, I couldn't take off that much school and really didn't want to camp out for almost 48 hours in advance to get one.
I know the Wiis will not be nearly as rare as the PS3 (I.E. - the Best Buy (a fairly large one) by my house is only receiving 27 PS3s).
I have a couple of questions:
If I want to get a Wii on Sunday, will I have to wait overnight in line outside?
Secondly, if I do get a Wii and post it on Ebay or craigslist, will I be able to make a profit worth my waiting outside for a while?And Lastly, do you think these things will be sold out in a week or so, or month, or just never go sold out? I know parents are going to want them before XMas, so fill me in please.
Should I even waste my time?
Thank you in advance.

If you get the one i was waiting in line for and mark it up to 4 or 500 bux then i hope you die in a terrible car wreck after you pick it up and the Wii is saved and someone else picks it up off the road and gets it for free! :mad5:

I think if i Had a PS3, i could definetly get a profit off it. Just because they're not making that many.
But do you expect the Wii to sell out or no?

I think if i Had a PS3, i could definetly get a profit off it. Just because they're not making that many.
But do you expect the Wii to sell out or no?

No, since more Wiis will arrive every week in stores. I hate people like you :( Feeding off of people's material desires, shame on you, shame on you.

COLDshiver said:
No, since more Wiis will arrive every week in stores. I hate people like you :( Feeding off of people's material desires, shame on you, shame on you.

I know, its people like you that makes it so darn hard to find a wii, and increase the price of wii's

SCUM

Its called the law of supply and demand, america as a whole is a capitistic country.

Its the american way to do what he is doing

Shauk said:
Its called the law of supply and demand, america as a whole is a capitistic country.

Yep and as an American i have the right to hate him. simple enuff! :mad2:

True. My friend genuinely wants a PS3 so he went with his brother to BestBuy and there are 3 people infront of him and 7 behind him (last i heard from him). And all three in the front are planning to sell on Ebay, while 1 guy in the back was also going to do it. I can just imagine how made he would get if he didnt get a PS3 and they did.

Well I hope the people camping for Wii arent going to sell them.

Shauk said:

Yes and the supply and demand is happening in stores, people who sell them on is just making the supply more expensive, no good goes to consumers. dont try to hide behind your countries values for exploiting people (although that is what america is based on)

Ronan said:
Yes and the supply and demand is happening in stores, people who sell them on is just making the supply more expensive, no good goes to consumers. dont try to hide behind your countries values for exploiting people (although that is what america is based on)
Hey I'm an American, oh wait, I was going to get a ps3 and sell it too, until I realized it was pointless and I'd take some real gamers console away. Oh well, I can't wait for my Wii

Back