Nintendos' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread

You're only telling yourself what you want to hear. True or not.

I believe all of our statements are fueled by some degree of personal bias. But no one can deny that there has already been much more attention given to the core Wii gamer so far this year, and with more good games coming on the way. My main point is just to overlook the ho-hum conference and look at the big picture.

P.S. You are right though. Just like you've been telling yourself "Nintendo sucks, and I'm gonna bash em every chance I get" for the past 3 years. Wether that's true or not...you wanna hear it, so you keep telling it to yourself.

No believe him. If you have the Nintendo Channel go on it and it shows you previews of upcoming games :) There like 3 Mario games coming up, 1 Metroid, and even a Pokemon Game. There are more but I'm exited for those specially Metroid and Super Mario Bros Wii.

Yeah I'm looking forward to a lot of the upcoming titles:

Mario Galaxy 2
The Conduit
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
Metroid Other M
Sin and Punishment 2
Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers (really surprised with this one...looks very cinematic)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Dead Space:Extraction
Red Steel 2
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
and quite a few others.

That Beginning of the World or whatever it's called looks fantastic too. It's like the serious Final Fantasy game the Wii has been needing. All the FF we've gotten so far is that Crystal crap.

That Beginning of the World or whatever it's called looks fantastic too. It's like the serious Final Fantasy game the Wii has been needing. All the FF we've gotten so far is that Crystal crap.

I believe your talking about FF:The Crystal Bearers (which is ironic because technically it is the latest version of "that crystal crap"). The game does look much better than the other crystal chronicles games. The first few were all so painstakingly boring that I couldn't stand to play them for like 2 hours. All of the story was told threw scrolling text (lazy ass developers). It was very refreashing to see a good bit of dialog and some interesting story bits in the debut trailer. Looks extremely good and definitely 100x better than the other games in the series.

I believe all of our statements are fueled by some degree of personal bias. But no one can deny that there has already been much more attention given to the core Wii gamer so far this year, and with more good games coming on the way. My main point is just to overlook the ho-hum conference and look at the big picture.

P.S. You are right though. Just like you've been telling yourself "Nintendo sucks, and I'm gonna bash em every chance I get" for the past 3 years. Wether that's true or not...you wanna hear it, so you keep telling it to yourself.

I don't think the Wii sucks, but anything I say is based off of my personal experience.

Such as how every year I hear the same ol "Nintendo is def looking out for the hardcore gamer this year and going to get everything on track with third partys and quality games! 200X will be the year of the Wii!"

If you liked the first classic Super Mario game you will love Super Mario Bros Wii because it's like a part 2 to that great classic :) There are new up grades in the preview like now you are able to freeze opponents instead of burning them. There is also this new ip grade were he is just floating around. It looks like a fun game that you should get :D

I believe your talking about FF:The Crystal Bearers (which is ironic because technically it is the latest version of "that crystal crap"). The game does look much better than the other crystal chronicles games. The first few were all so painstakingly boring that I couldn't stand to play them for like 2 hours. All of the story was told threw scrolling text (lazy ass developers). It was very refreashing to see a good bit of dialog and some interesting story bits in the debut trailer. Looks extremely good and definitely 100x better than the other games in the series.
No I'm not talking about that. The one I'm talking about isn't from Square. They just uploaded the trailer for it on the Nintendo Channel.

Ooo, sounds really cool. Tbh, the only E3 I watched was Nintendo's thing last year, and I thought that was good.

Though, I haven't bought a game in a year and a half.

Wow, this conference exceeded whatever expectations I had left.

New Metroid is awesome, it's great to see samus in a more athletic, stylized form. And the cinematics of the trailer were like wow! Though I know I'll miss the attention to detail retro studies was so well known for.

Mario Galaxy 2 is meh, but New Super Mario Bros. Wii looks great! All I can say is THEY'RE FINALLY DOING IT RIGHT! Retro style ftw.

Those will keep the dust off my wii for the upcoming year.

LAWL. I see Nintendo's brainwashing is still effective. Congrats. You all got sucked in hard.

LAWL. I see Nintendo's brainwashing is still effective. Congrats. You all got sucked in hard.

We just had low expectations considering last year's E3 presentation, so it didn't take much to impress us.

Personally, the only thing that I was impressed with was Metroid, which looks excellent. Red Steel 2 doesn't count since I saw it in the Ubisoft conference the day before. And the other potentially good things I'm not too bothered about. Galaxy 2 just looks the same, and although I was enjoying Galaxy, I got a bit bored of it. New Super Mario Bros. Wii would only have potential if it had online co-op, for me. Most other games have better counterparts on the PS3. So I was left feeling disappointed, to be honest. Note, this is specifically from my point of view, and my desires.

I know Miyamoto announced the new Zelda in a private round table meeting, but I would have been a lot more hyped if they just showed a video with some nice scenery (like the beginning of the Metroid trailer with the sea and the clouds and that) and then leading it to a Triforce, then slamming a 2010 underneath or something. That would have done for me.

They wouldn't even allow the people in the meeting to take pictures of what they had.

Ok really why do you people feel the need to do this. If we are excited about Nintendo's upcoming games why must you mock us. I really like most of the games that are coming out in Nintendo's line-up this year. The year already started off very strong and big releases are planned for this year and well into 2010. So I personally am highly excited for the upcoming games. However I do understand that everyone will not share that enthusiasm and I respect that, you all are entitled to your opinion. But please don't mock me and say I'm brainwashed. I could say the same thing about you and microsoft! They have brainwashed all of you to thinking you need to pay $50 a year for XBOX Live, when in actuality it is the same thing as the free Playstation Network.

So I understand that you don't like Nintendo anymore and that is fine and good, but please don't mock me and everyonelse who is excited about Nintendo's future.

Back