Nintendos' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread

That's how Nintendo sells better games than the rest of the companies :p Did they announce a lot of Nintendo DS(i) games?

That's how Nintendo sells better games than the rest of the companies :p Did they announce a lot of Nintendo DS(i) games?

Yeah they did announce quite a few Ds games but the only ones that really looked impressive were Cop: The Recruit and Golden Sun DS. It looks like Sony is putting a lot of gas behind the PSP this year. If these PSP games deliver I may end up getting one. Gran Turismo PSP looked really good.

Golden Sun 3 is admittedly looking very promising.

The Wii stuff was embarrassing, it truly, truly was. Did you notice the complete lack of audience reaction?

Nintendo trying to appeal to the 'hardcore' audience with a mess of a preview of Metroid (which has never been mainstream to start with), does NOT appeal to 'hardcore' gamers.

All the rest was typical and not amazing, like what XBox were doing. (I didnt see anything from Sony except the new PSP...which isnt amazing either).

Then you get all the 'casual gaming' stuff which has NO place at E3. You dont create hype with "Storybooks for Women", or "Dress Ups in your Hands". PLEASE. I'm suprised Iwata wasnt booed off stage.

We all know Nintendo are VERY rich at the moment, surely they could invest it elsewhere instead of poor casual games, and rinse and repeat adventure/RPGs?

Also the whole "CREATE and PLAY" thing with Wario came off as such a watered down LBP it wasnt funny.

Heres a gameplan for Nintendo:

-STOP making attachments, theres enough now that the Wiimote finally works as it was supposed to.

-INVEST in a solid online system that works, and is similar to the freedom of Sony's and Microsoft's.

-RESOURCE other 3rd party developers for 'real' hardcore games (on-rail shooters are NOT hardcore), and consider purchasing some struggling companies as new 2nd party developers to create some REALLY amazing titles.

Now I KNOW they wont do any of this cos its easier to sell and make profit off easy-to-make casual games, which are appealing to the masses but not the core gamers.

For this I bought a PS3.

If you love your Wii and the games on it, I dont have a problem with it, but you cant say that this year's E3 for them was amazing. It was downright embarrassing, and even moreso compared to what the competition had on show.

I have admitted that the conference was kinda ho-hum, but overall if you look at the big picture Nintendo is delivering a lot of good core games this year and next year. E3 is about much more than the conference. And I don't know how a Rail-Shooter is not Hardcore. You can't just say a whole genre is not hardcore. Cause Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles looks more scary and atmospheric than Resident Evil 5 (which was ultimately just an action game, not survival horror). Also Dead Space: Extraction looks good. I personally enjoy rail shooters and if done right (which it looks like Capcom and EA have) they can be very good hardcore games.

But but, the Wii Vitality Sensor.

Wii. Vitality. Sensor.

: /

From IGN's comments:

"Iwata expressed hopes that some day games could be used as a tool to relax and perhaps even lull to sleep. I think he needs to look no further than the majority of games spoken about at the Nintendo E3 briefing to see that his forward thinking vision is already a reality."

I literally LOL'd...and its 2am.

Look....hardcore is NOT 2 player local co-op on-rails. (Umbrella Chronicles)

Its online 8 player zombie slaying with headsets, DLC, and different game modes. (L4D)

And Left 4 Dead is the real winner, cos its gotten girls (women?) from my college to play videogames, have fun online and not feel theyre being treated as a sexist minority (Nintendo's bunch of **** DS 'games' comes to mind).

So its almost a casual game thats actually fun AND it appeals to hardcore gamers.
I'm sorry, Nintendo really have nothing but the mascots, and they didnt even reveal a new 'real' Zelda. (I refuse to call a Zelda game where Link rides around on a train a real Zelda game).

From IGN's comments:

"Iwata expressed hopes that some day games could be used as a tool to relax and perhaps even lull to sleep. I think he needs to look no further than the majority of games spoken about at the Nintendo E3 briefing to see that his forward thinking vision is already a reality."

Its online 8 player zombie slaying with headsets, DLC, and different game modes. (L4D)

And Left 4 Dead is the real winner, cos its gotten girls (women?) from my college to play videogames, have fun online and not feel theyre being treated as a sexist minority (Nintendo's bunch of **** DS 'games' comes to mind).

So its almost a casual game thats actually fun AND it appeals to hardcore gamers.
I'm sorry, Nintendo really have nothing but the mascots, and they didnt even reveal a new 'real' Zelda. (I refuse to call a Zelda game where Link rides around on a train a real Zelda game).
Yes they did :D

From IGN's comments:

Well I think the definition of what "hardcore" truely is, is up to an individual's personal perception. In my opinion something that is hardcore is any game that has a unique hook that will captivate a player for hours and hours. And that is possible with a rail-shooter. Killer 7 is a good example, and Darkside Chronicles atmosphere, scare tactics, and cinematic presentation are what will keep players hooked. With Dead Space it is definitely the new weapons and the pinpoint accurate dismemberment.

There is a highly blurred line between what is and isn't hardcore.

From IGN's comments:

Core Wii Exclusives showcased/announced at E3

1. Wii Sports Resort - WORKING/ACCURATE motion control TODAY.
2. Metroid - Nintendo can't get anymore hardcore than this.
3. Mario Galaxy 2 - 1st one was great but easy, this is supposed to be harder.
4. Red Steel 2 - Closest thing to slicing n shootin some1 unless uve done it b4
5. Grinder - 4 player co-op like Left for Dead but with the Wiimote
6. No More Heroes 2 - 2 lightsabers, blood, and decapitation
7. Super Mario Bros Wii - 4 Marios running around at the same time = madness
8. Sin & Punishment 2 - Gameplay reminds me of Starfox
9. Zelda - MotionPlus complatible, 2010 release date at the roundtable
10. Silent Hill - Survival Horror fans should love this.

I don't think anyone lost or won because all 3 systems are having an impressive E3 showing so far.

Last edited:
Definitely better than last year, glad they are making more Metroid and a second Galaxy.

i liked nintendo press conference to but i was actually thinking that they were going to realease super smash bros for the ds because of all the rumors going around hmm

Mature Wii Exclusives showcased/announced at E3

I don't think anyone lost or won because all 3 systems are having an impressive E3 showing so far.
Wii Resort, Mario galaxy and Mario Wii are mature games? :confused:

Nintendo's conference was simply horrible. Anyone with any sort of unbiased eyes could see that.

Mature Wii Exclusives showcased/announced at E3

1. NO.
2. Mature in the sense that she has a thing that fires projectiles.
3. NO.
4. 'Mature', but certainly not 'Hardcore'
5. Looks atrocious, and no online as far as I know.
6. It'll get censored over here, but has a lot of potential (I loved the first).
7. NO.
8. On rails?
9. Not really.
10. Better be better than the last few Silent Hill titles. I'd prefer a Resi5.

I dont mind that you are looking forward to these titles, but its nothing mind blowing. You'll notice theyre all pretty much sequels, or spin-offs/cash-ins. And thats no longer what I'm after from a video-games console, but it seems to be what Nintendo is now focused on...

Back