Nintendos' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread

Yeah, if only a new, good Starfox be released for the Wii in 2010 it'll be more than perfect for me. But who am I to complain with a line-up like this?

I think I agree with everything you all said.

YES I was expecting online from Wii. YES I was hoping they could push some 720p games. YES I was expecting a good mutliplayer FPS (Perfect Dark anyone)?

And YES I am half turning everything you say into a negative statement, cos I bet none of the games will live up to their hype you are giving them, and YES I am sick of the same crap Nintendo keep making without actually changing much or pushing boundaries (Mario Galaxy 2 already??? WTF).

And finally YES, I sold my Wii mid-last year, cos I gave up on quality online multiplayer games ever arriving on Wii, oh and I like racing games, and much prefer GRiD and GT5 to Mario Kart.

Once again I have no problem with your opinion, but to me this year's E3 was hardly better than last year for Nintendo, and they EASILY couldve done more with it, but chose not to, despite the huge amounts of cash theyre making off of the Wii and DS, its sad really.

Other than being a fanboy how could you say the Natal thing isn't cool? If it actually works it'll be freaking awesome.

ROFL! That coming from the biggest xbox fanboy who only visits a wii forum so he can diss the wii..

It is hilarious how all the "serious" gamers are now creaming themselves over the xbox's and ps3's motion controls after years of slagging off any kind of motion control as "unresponsive", "inaccurate", "waggling"... it's just so ****ing hypocritical it's actually sad.

Several months ago you said:
Motion controls is a 1 time thing, not a gaming revolution

But now because MS has jumped on the bandwagon it's the holy ****ing grail of gaming...

Yawn. Better stock up on that white face paint and stripey t-shirts, you'll need them.

[For what it's worth, I have a Wii and a PS3]

The problem that I have, is that there just aren't enough games out/coming out that appeal to me compared to what Sony have shown. Therefore I've pretty much ignored my Wii as there's been that much for my PS3.

I don't expect the Wii to match Sony [/Microsoft] with games in terms of online, graphics, endless possibilities. All I want are games that immerse me, true Nintendo style. They did that with Twilight Princess, they did that with Prime 3, they did that with Resi 4 (okay not 'Nintendo-style', but Resi Evil Wiimote is just excellent), Galaxy to some extent, and possibly a couple of other games but I can't remember what I've got.

So after this years E3, the only thing that has me interested is Metroid. Okay I'll include Zelda, but I just don't like how they announced it. I've said what I would have preferred (a very basic teaser video, it only needed the Triforce and I'm good) so it hasn't hyped me up for it. Oh yeah and Red Steel 2 looks very good as well, but it's difficult to include that in Nintendo's conference since I saw it the day before in Ubisoft's. So that's two games...pretty much every other game I could get a similar but better game on the PS3.
Mario Wii would require a lot of time with friends coming round, and at my age that doesn't really happen since we just go out : / and if someone comes to play something we'll just go on Fifa. Galaxy 2, at this moment in time, just looks like Galaxy which started to bore me a bit so it's hard to get excited about it.

Therefore, I was left rather wanting after this years E3 =(

hencam[uk] said:
It is hilarious how all the "serious" gamers are now creaming themselves over the xbox's and ps3's motion controls after years of slagging off any kind of motion control as "unresponsive", "inaccurate", "waggling"... it's just so ****ing hypocritical it's actually sad.

To be fair, that was what the Wii motion controls were like, and Sony's at least appears to be what the Wiimote should have been from day one.

Last edited:
[For what it's worth, I have a Wii and a PS3]

The problem that I have, is that there just aren't enough games out/coming out that appeal to me compared to what Sony have shown. Therefore I've pretty much ignored my Wii as there's been that much for my PS3.

me too i have lots of ps3 games but my wii just sits there wait for something big and it looks like it will be soon what with metroid m coming soon(date??)

hencam[uk];1028721 said:
ROFL! That coming from the biggest xbox fanboy who only visits a wii forum so he can diss the wii..

Several months ago you said:

But now because MS has jumped on the bandwagon it's the holy ****ing grail of gaming...

Yawn. Better stock up on that white face paint and stripey t-shirts, you'll need them.
LOL! You got him good with that.

Lewi T said:
To be fair, that was what the Wii motion controls were like, and Sony's at least appears to be what the Wiimote should have been from day one.
But to be fair, Sony's demo was basically two Motionplus Wiimotes which Nintendo unveiled a year ago. Every innovation has to start somewhere, was the tire always the way it looks on a Mercedes Benz!? No!? It had to start out as a circular rock. The fact is Nintendo brought motion control into the forefront and now they are all taking it to the next level. But Nintendo had the vision of motion control as the future of gaming, they built their entire console around it and now the other companies are taking notice

But to be fair, Sony's demo was basically two Motionplus Wiimotes which Nintendo unveiled a year ago. Every innovation has to start somewhere, was the tire always the way it looks on a Mercedes Benz!? No!? It had to start out as a circular rock. The fact is Nintendo brought motion control into the forefront and now they are all taking it to the next level. But Nintendo had the vision of motion control as the future of gaming, they built their entire console around it and now the other companies are taking notice

I agree that things start out as something, and then get improved upon. But these improvements have largely been made due to the drawbacks of the original product, which is what people criticised. They were fair and true criticisms (okay some people were harsh and just blatantly bashed it), but as long as there are drawbacks to a product, people will identify them. I commend Nintendo for bringing motion control into gaming, it was a risky venture but to be honest, it only paid off because of casual gamers.

The point is that up until now, the Wiimote, for me, hasn't delivered as much as I would have hoped. I think too much potential was given where it wasn't available. We'll just have to see if WM+ can deliver what we/I want, and what Sony (and Microsoft, maybe, although Sony's product appears to have more potential for 'core' gaming) do.

I think I agree with everything you all said.

YES I was expecting online from Wii. YES I was hoping they could push some 720p games. YES I was expecting a good mutliplayer FPS (Perfect Dark anyone)?

And YES I am half turning everything you say into a negative statement, cos I bet none of the games will live up to their hype you are giving them, and YES I am sick of the same crap Nintendo keep making without actually changing much or pushing boundaries (Mario Galaxy 2 already??? WTF).

And finally YES, I sold my Wii mid-last year, cos I gave up on quality online multiplayer games ever arriving on Wii, oh and I like racing games, and much prefer GRiD and GT5 to Mario Kart.

Once again I have no problem with your opinion, but to me this year's E3 was hardly better than last year for Nintendo, and they EASILY couldve done more with it, but chose not to, despite the huge amounts of cash theyre making off of the Wii and DS, its sad really.
I don't know about you but to me Other M seems VERY different than previous Metroid titles. Story wise and Gameplay wise. We've gone from every game having Samus alone in some maze-riddled planet either trying to find a way out or looking for her objective, to Metroid Prime 3 where she travels to different planets and is seen interacting with the Galactic Fed., to this upcoming one where she's seen doing battle in heavily populated cities, probablly some dog-fights in her ship, being part of a HUGE new looking Galactic Fed., and some things being brought up from her past. VERY different. It's definatley evolving so you can't really say it's going to be same ol' same ol', cause things ARE changing. The only thing staying the same is Mario, that's why theres a Galaxy 2. They don't want to change the formula of their flagship game and they shouldn't.

Hell they told us 2 or 3 years ago the next big Zelda title will be familiar, but still Vastly different than all previous titles. So basically you're saying you're sick of them not doing... what they are doing. It's like asking for a ham sandwich and getting a ham sandwich, then saying, "No I want a ham sandwich!"

As for the online FPS... who cares. Plus, maybe Other M doubles as that aswell. If so then they did announce an online shooter at E3.

Hell they told us 2 or 3 years ago the next big Zelda title will be familiar, but still Vastly different than all previous titles. So basically you're saying you're sick of them not doing... what they are doing. It's like asking for a ham sandwich and getting a ham sandwich, then saying, "No I want a ham sandwich!"

EEEXACTLY. I saw the ham sandwich coming and thought, "you know...F*** this same ham sandwich, I want the clubhouse special"...and it tastes good. VERY good.

EEEXACTLY. I saw the ham sandwich coming and thought, "you know...F*** this same ham sandwich, I want the clubhouse special"...and it tastes good. VERY good.
You missed what the ham sandwich represented but whatever.

I interpreted it how I wanted. ;)

No I see what you mean, and I want them to try harder! But they don't! So I moved on.

The next Zelda better be more than just more mature than the last title (which was more mature than the previous one), even attempting some sort of MMORPG aspect, but that wouldnt work as the Zelda formula is too limited.

Maybe they needed to make a Golden Sun on Wii....... hmmmmm.

I interpreted it how I wanted. ;)

No I see what you mean, and I want them to try harder! But they don't! So I moved on.

The next Zelda better be more than just more mature than the last title (which was more mature than the previous one), even attempting some sort of MMORPG aspect, but that wouldnt work as the Zelda formula is too limited.

Maybe they needed to make a Golden Sun on Wii....... hmmmmm.
They are trying hard. Working their asses off I'm sure. Look at all the 1st party games coming 2010. Theres deadlines to make.

Back