Nintendos' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread

i liked nintendo press conference to but i was actually thinking that they were going to realease super smash bros for the ds because of all the rumors going around hmm

I have never heard of SSB for the DS but it might look kind of weird having 2 screens.

I have never heard of SSB for the DS but it might look kind of weird having 2 screens.

Its been "rumored" (aka dreamt up by fanboys) for quite some time now. There has never really been anything official but they try to put more gas behind it everytime E3 rolls around. Although it is very much possible (Jump Superstars proved a good smash style fighter could be done on DS) I doubt if it will ever happen.

Traditional SSB on DS wouldn't work because you wouldn't be able to see anything! On average, the characters take up something like 5% of the entire screen in SSB games because the camera has to be zoomed out most of the time. And with huge levels like New Pork City, the characters are as tiny as ants.

It's only do-able for 1 vs. 1 fights...and half the reason why Smash Bros. is so great is because it pushed the envelope beyond the mere 1-on-1 fighting game format.

Wii Resort, Mario galaxy and Mario Wii are mature games? :confused:

Mature IMO is a game that would interest old school (real) gamers. Wii Resort is a game for everyone (casuals and hardcore). Some sports in it are for the casual and some are for the true gamers (jetskii, bow n arrow, etc.) Mario galaxy can't be played by grandmas or lil kids. Mario Wii is so old school that you probably weren't even born yet when the series 1st started.

Last edited:
uh...no. a 'mature' game is one thats not meant for kids. the games with any of the following:
-Nudity
-Excessive Blood and Gore
-Strong language (cursing and swearing)
-adult situations

those make a game 'mature'. to much or even a little of those things makes it so little kids can't get it.

uh...no. a 'mature' game is one thats not meant for kids. the games with any of the following:
-Nudity
-Excessive Blood and Gore
-Strong language (cursing and swearing)
-adult situations

those make a game 'mature'. to much or even a little of those things makes it so little kids can't get it.

I edited the Mature to Core so the confusion ends. The Wii is a system for everyone (casuals and hardcore). There are casual games, hardcore games, and games for both. Nintendo's main focus is to make games that will appeal to both and that's why it's selling so well. Games like Wii Sports Resort, Mario Galaxy 2, and Super Mario Wii are some of the games that fall into this category. I myself, a hardcore gamer who has all systems, will play the hell out of all these games. After getting tired and sick of COD4, WAW, and Killzone 2, I'm glad these type of games are coming out.

Traditional SSB on DS wouldn't work because you wouldn't be able to see anything! On average, the characters take up something like 5% of the entire screen in SSB games because the camera has to be zoomed out most of the time. And with huge levels like New Pork City, the characters are as tiny as ants.

It's only do-able for 1 vs. 1 fights...and half the reason why Smash Bros. is so great is because it pushed the envelope beyond the mere 1-on-1 fighting game format.
Actually, it didn't really push the envelope. SSB is a brawler, not a fighter.

It could work on the DS. One easy solution is to keep the screen relatively close to the player's character on the bottom screen and have the top screen be a map of the stage showing where each player is and items are at all times.

See? Easy to adjust to, I should work for Nintendo..

1. NO.
2. Mature in the sense that she has a thing that fires projectiles.
3. NO.
4. 'Mature', but certainly not 'Hardcore'
5. Looks atrocious, and no online as far as I know.
6. It'll get censored over here, but has a lot of potential (I loved the first).
7. NO.
8. On rails?
9. Not really.
10. Better be better than the last few Silent Hill titles. I'd prefer a Resi5.

I dont mind that you are looking forward to these titles, but its nothing mind blowing. You'll notice theyre all pretty much sequels, or spin-offs/cash-ins. And thats no longer what I'm after from a video-games console, but it seems to be what Nintendo is now focused on...

If none of these games don't appeal to you then why did you purchase a Wii in the 1st place? Where you hoping someday that Nintendo would make a Left 4 Dead version of Brawl? With guns and blood? Where you hoping that one day the Wii will transform into HD quality graphics? These games are exactly the games that I've been hoping for minus F-zero and Star Wars w/ MotionPlus.

Last edited:
1. NO.
2. Mature in the sense that she has a thing that fires projectiles.
3. NO.
4. 'Mature', but certainly not 'Hardcore'
5. Looks atrocious, and no online as far as I know.
6. It'll get censored over here, but has a lot of potential (I loved the first).
7. NO.
8. On rails?
9. Not really.
10. Better be better than the last few Silent Hill titles. I'd prefer a Resi5.

I dont mind that you are looking forward to these titles, but its nothing mind blowing. You'll notice theyre all pretty much sequels, or spin-offs/cash-ins. And thats no longer what I'm after from a video-games console, but it seems to be what Nintendo is now focused on...
Just sell your Wii. If you can't get excited over a new Metroid and Zelda being released in the same year then you just don't like Nintendo period. Thats like a N fans dream.

And Red Steel not being 'hardcore'? You know what this 'hardcore' term refers to, right?

Just sell your Wii. If you can't get excited over a new Metroid and Zelda being released in the same year then you just don't like Nintendo period. Thats like a N fans dream.

And Red Steel not being 'hardcore'? You know what this 'hardcore' term refers to, right?

(I was extremely puzzled by the "Red Steel 2 isn't Hardcore" thing too he must not know what game we are talking about)

That's the thing, he has already sold his Wii and owns a PS3. So basically he is just here to try to rain on our parade. Don't get me wrong Deanis, I still value your opinion, and welcome it. But it seems that you are just persistantly trying to take everything we say and shove it back in a negative spin. You need to understand that everyone's definition of Hardcore is different. When you gave your definition of hardcore it was basically describing every 360/PS3 game out there (you said something like:blood, guns, online play, headsets). So don't criticize us, or Nintendo just because we don't share your definition of hardcore. My definition of hardcore is any game that is really simple to pick up and play, but highly difficult to master (i.e. games like PunchOut, Super Mario Bros., MADWORLD, and most rail shooters) So my definition of hardcore is more geared toward Nintendo. Earlier you said that we were brainwashed by Nintendo, and that may be true (although brainwashed has a VERY negative connotation to it, I just like Nintendo games) however we are no more brainwashed by Nintendo as you are by Microsoft/Sony.

I still don't understand how a person could say a Metroid and Zelda title isn't good news. =/

I still don't understand how a person could say a Metroid and Zelda title isn't good news. =/

I think he is having the same Nintendo withdrawl that a lot of people have these days. To them, Metroid, Zelda, and Mario just aren't enough anymore. They feel they need to have new experiences on new consoles, which is all fine and good. I went through it myself when I got a 360 2 years ago, but after a while I saw that the grass was not so green on the other side and sold it. I came back to Nintendo because their games have always captivated me in a way no other company has. Don't get me wrong 360 had (and still has) some amazing titles. I'm not a fanboy, I just prefer Nintendo. And I think its wrong to come and bash a system just because you don't like the games on it and other people do.

Well I, like you, am open-minded about games. It's been my wish for a long time to own all 3 major consoles. And the Nintendo games that are major titles do have that flair like noneother, don't they? :)

And I'll have to say, I'm not fully a Nintendo loyalist, but I'm still a fan. There are some others out there that have 'captivated' me before, maybe even moreso than Nintendo. Take the Sony exclusive Naughty Dog for example. Some of the best times I've had playing video games was when I was playing one of theirs. That's because Naughty Dog are story tellers. And story, for me, is the key thing that gets me hooked to a game. That's why I also love Square Enix and their (Main) Final Fantasy games. But still, I'm a huge fan of Legend of Zelda, Metroid, EarthBound and Starfox. (Nintendos biggest story-driven games)

...Metal Gear.

Yeah I was very happy with quite a few 360 titels I enjoyed Turok and Devil May Cry 4. And no multiplayer experience has yet to match Unreal Tournament 3 for me (I doubt The Conduit can change that). I liked Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Halo. And really the only reason I sold the 360 was because it broke. But even still I had found myself more yearning for Wii titles than 360 titles. And even after E3 the only 360 games I'm really "excited" for are Lost Planet 2, Metal Gear Rising, and Halo ODST. Which is really enough for them. Just like the 4-5 Nintendo games we keep mentioning should be enough for them.

Back