Nintendos' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread

LOL.

Look at all the accessories.

Look at al the cheap cash-ins and mini-game collections.

Metroid is only joint made by Nintendo.
That 2D Wii Mario is practically the DS game.
The 'new' Mario is pretty much an expansion pack of Mario Galaxy.
WiiSports Resort is nothing major.
WiiFit Plus is pretty much an expansion pack.

Thankfully you have High Voltage making The Conduit, cos it genuinely looks promising, and theres also RED STEEL 2 which has a fantastic (completely different to the original) art direction, and also looks promising.

Basically, Nintendo could be working their arses off harder, or investing their money into obtaining better 3rd and 2nd party support.

The only strong mascots they really use are Mario and Zelda atm.

They rooted StarFox by making it some odd Zelda clone on GCN.

Shame they can't really do Donkey Kong, and shame Kirby games are so 1993.

How about F-Zero? The last Starfox game was for the DS and it isn't that cool. I have it and it's easy to beat.

What about F-Zero?

Its an arcade racer, similar to Epidode One Racer or Wipeout, which are possibly better than F-Zero.

Captain Falcon as a fighter is better (and possibly better known) than as a racer.

Wasn't F-Zero GX the last game for the F-Zero series so far?
I think that he is better known as a fighter specially his..........
FALCON PUNCH! 8D

hencam[uk];1028721 said:
ROFL! That coming from the biggest xbox fanboy who only visits a wii forum so he can diss the wii..

It is hilarious how all the "serious" gamers are now creaming themselves over the xbox's and ps3's motion controls after years of slagging off any kind of motion control as "unresponsive", "inaccurate", "waggling"... it's just so ****ing hypocritical it's actually sad.

Several months ago you said:

But now because MS has jumped on the bandwagon it's the holy ****ing grail of gaming...

Yawn. Better stock up on that white face paint and stripey t-shirts, you'll need them.
Umm, no. You're just putting words into my mouth. I don't even play video games anymore, wouldn't consider myself much of a fanboy of anything. I dislike Microsoft and Nintendo and the people who treat Nintendo like it's their second father though, but I don't dislike pieces of plastic...

And I believe several months ago, on the topic of a Microsoft motion sensor toy I said something along the lines of: I don't care for motion controls, I prefer controllers, as long as I'm not forced to buy the thing I don't care what Microsoft does.

Calm down, kiddie. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the vids.

So it's true that both NSMB Wii and Mario Galaxy 2 are entirely new games, which is great, but they don't seem to expand very much on the originals. If I hadn't played both those games through to the end I wouldn't be able to tell they were sequels from those videos. That said, I did quite like both of those games (Mario Galaxy remains one of my favourite games of all time), so I'm not complaining too much.

I dont understand this at all.

We have people that

#1 Dont own a Wii
#2 Hates everything Nintendo does
#3 Loves there 360/PS3 games

These people come to a Wii site and **** on and bash everything Nintendo does. Some of it i agree, weak online and pitiful E3 showing in 08.

Then Nintendo has a good E3. They show 2/3 of there big franchise games and talk about the other one later, Zelda. And these people still come here and talk about Nintendo like there something they found on the bottom of there shoes. Whats more is they cant grasp the concept that others have a diffrent opinion.

If you hate the Wii and Nintendo then get ride of your Wii, i know some of you have. If you love your 360/PS3 then go play them and be happy, nothing wrong with that. Just please STFU about what Nintedno is doing with the Wii, it dont concern you anymore. Wait i take that back. ***** if you must but please for the love of god ***** about the stuff thats really wrong with the Wii, weak online, friend codes, lack of a real hard drive, ect. Because E3 09 was a good one for Nintendo.

That is my opinion, its not fact and neither is yours.

EEEXACTLY. I saw the ham sandwich coming and thought, "you know...F*** this same ham sandwich, I want the clubhouse special"...and it tastes good. VERY good.

You know what's even better? The same ham sandwich w/ extra meat, sauce, and veggies....and the clubhouse special. Super good.

I dont understand this at all.

We have people that

#1 Dont own a Wii
#2 Hates everything Nintendo does
#3 Loves there 360/PS3 games

These people come to a Wii site and **** on and bash everything Nintendo does. Some of it i agree, weak online and pitiful E3 showing in 08.

Then Nintendo has a good E3. They show 2/3 of there big franchise games and talk about the other one later, Zelda. And these people still come here and talk about Nintendo like there something they found on the bottom of there shoes. Whats more is they cant grasp the concept that others have a diffrent opinion.

If you hate the Wii and Nintendo then get ride of your Wii, i know some of you have. If you love your 360/PS3 then go play them and be happy, nothing wrong with that. Just please STFU about what Nintedno is doing with the Wii, it dont concern you anymore. Wait i take that back. ***** if you must but please for the love of god ***** about the stuff thats really wrong with the Wii, weak online, friend codes, lack of a real hard drive, ect. Because E3 09 was a good one for Nintendo.

That is my opinion, its not fact and neither is yours.
What else is being 'bashed' if that's what you want to call discussing.

Though, is a 'discussion' thread suppose to be everyone saying: "OmG it was awesome. Everything was perfect!"?

Doesn't sound like there's much to discuss there.

What else is being 'bashed' if that's what you want to call discussing.

Though, is a 'discussion' thread suppose to be everyone saying: "OmG it was awesome. Everything was perfect!"?

Doesn't sound like there's much to discuss there.

No but when Comments are made like

sovieto said:
Your only telling yourself what you want to hear. true or not

and even

Deanis said:
I see Nintendos brainwashing is still effective. Congrats, you all have been sucked in

You no longer stating your opinion. Instead your saying that our opinion is wrong and that there is no way anybody could enjoy Nintendo or have been pleased with their conference. I like how Lewi T (I think thats his name, sorry if its incorrect) approached the argument. He acknowledged our opinion, but has a vastly different one. So instead of mocking us like were naive children who don't know any better (than to like Nintendo), treat us like equals and value our opinions as much as you want us to value yours.

Looks likes discussion to me.

Do you think in the real world everyone is holding hands and laughing while discussing conflicting views?

Looks likes discussion to me.

Do you think in the real world everyone is holding hands and laughing while discussing conflicting views?

No, but in a professional setting (like an organized discussion forum) everyone should listen to each others opinions and value what they bring to the disscusion. Rather than mock my opinion just respectfully disagree with it.

But really I'm done trying to coach you on proper behavior. Ever since I've been on this forum you have always said something to piss someone off and then not give a rats ass when they try to rebuttle. So really do what you want. There is obviously no convincing you of anything.

It's not a discussion when you're sayin, "No, you're wrong!". It becomes an argument. And I don't like arguments on mah thread. =/

Back