No More Heroes- A dissapointment

P13Z0MB13

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2007
the first time i heard of this game, it sounded amazing! finally a good bloody foul mouthed game to come to the Wii! when the X-Play review of the game came out, and they gave it 5 Stars, i ran out to buy it ASAP. i couldnt wait to play it.

Now that ive had the game for a while, i really am dissapointed, its a good game... but honestly, its not THAT good. i wish i would have rented it instead of buying it.

The Goods: it has a really fun fighting system that will easilly quench your gore needs, and the wacky charicters are hilarious. the cell shading looks pretty good.

The Bads: it has the WORSE free roam city i have ever played. you can only drive your bike, (i keep wanting to just run up to a car and slice up the driver and take it) and the driving itself is extreamly glitchy... ive played NES racing games that handle better then that crappy bike. the streets are almost empty, once in a while you will pass a car, or see someone walking on the street, and if you hit someone on the street, you dont kill them, they just spin around a little and go "UGGH"

the fighting can also be repetitive, but i didnt mind that too much because i was striving to get to the next boss.

what are your thoughts on this game?

Welcome to the club, everyone has bought a game at some point they were hugely disappointed by. *pats your back* there there, it'll all be better with time.

I kind of felt the same way about the game. I still think its a good game though. At first, I was expecting a GTA type free roam where you could do just about anything and everything...that is until I read the reviews. After that I expected it to be just what it is...a way to get from point A to point B...its dissapointing, but at least I expected it....I'll probly just have to get an X BOX 360 whenever GTA IV comes out...hopefully I'll have the money.

Funny every one that complains about this game are GTA fans expecting him to copy it? Hmmm.... I think if he would have made it a on rails 3d roamer where you fight to each location like most classic fighter things would have been better for most of you guys. To me the city is like mega mans stage select. The city is ok though it does what it needs to do.

Hey so what do you think? If suda would have made it more like a fight your way every where and race people on your bike type of world play would you like it then? Really I hope he make a sequel to address this in away that only suda would...LOL

Another thing is the drive works just fine? Weird I drove around for like 2 hours and didn't hit any thing and actually started chasing people around on the map with the bike...LOL It handles just like a rocket bike...LOL

I agree, I think No More Heroes had the potential to be great all around, but the developers messed up when they skimped on the city and free roam. Reminds me a little of Spider-Man 2: great fun for fighting, but the city is generic and empty (for NYC).

pro gamer said:
You guys convinved me not to buy it. Should I?

I think the general concensus is that it's a rent, because:

1. It's a love it or hate it kind of game.
2. It can be finished in around 10 hours or less, leaving you with nothing to do, according to reviews (e.g., Gamespot).

Atomheart said:
I think the general concensus is that it's a rent, because:

1. It's a love it or hate it kind of game.
2. It can be finished in around 10 hours or less, leaving you with nothing to do, according to reviews (e.g., Gamespot).

LOl the key is it can be but I don't know any one that has finished it that fast. The bosses are no push over. Yes rent it really but if you can buy it then do that because so much will be missed if you don't get to beat it in a few days. I just love beat em ups though and this one is very good.

i heard it has a secret ending if you complete twice..true??

cant comment got 13 days till release :) cant wait, cant be that bad compared to other wii games

It was something I had been waiting for on the Wii, and when I got it I was very impressed. It has flaws yes, which game doesn't though? Overall its a great game and I hope a sequel is in the works.

i liked this game. it had its issues here and there. it is something like a 8-10 hour game. if your buying this game for fun and for the fight, then go ahead, but if you are buying it for the free roaming then dont. its as simple as that.

Isnt this more like you disappointed yourself? You
expected too much from the game to look like Gta and you got yourself disappointed.

So why are people getting defensive or bashing the OP for his take on the game?

If he didn't like it, then he didn't like it. No need to get defensive or try to explain why it doesn't suck or anything...

Back