Not new but stopping by to say "What's up"

Oh yes
Borderlands 2 and Reddit are both huge time consumers

Any particular reason for learning Japanese?

Oh yes
Borderlands 2 and Reddit are both huge time consumers

Any particular reason for learning Japanese?

Always wanted to learn another language and Japanese is very intriguing. Also it poses a challenge. It's funny because I don't really watch much anime. I mean, I enjoy it on occasion but I've seen maybe 8 different anime I enjoy. It just seems most people see a nerd who wants to learn Japanese and assume they are some otaku or something. I just love the language and the challenge of it.

Learn English and how to point, you have now mastered the world.

How's learnin' Japanese treatin' ya, Mitch? It's up on my languages t' learn list alongside Italian, so I'm curious just exactly how hard it is. ... Particularly since I'm rubbish at learnin' languages. If by some ungodly luck I end up wealthy enough to travel about the world one day, I intend to follow in the footsteps of a certain Liger fellow 'n make a trip to Japan at least once.

Yeah, Why haven't you changed your name yet?

Good question. No good answer.

EDIT: I just nostalgiaed all over myself when I found this image: View attachment 10426

I need to get me one'a those. :lol:

Not that I'd be gettin' one before Bloke... Sigh.

I hate how even though I am I.T. I am still blocked out from "gaming" websites from my companies firewall. Good thing I have remote software on my home computer lol.

Yeah i got to learn some Cantonese
Mostly because I have some relatives who speak it

I've heard Cantonese is very hard. Good luck if you go that route.

Learn English and how to point, you have now mastered the world.

But I have no fingers! I guess I will never master the world *sadface*

How's learnin' Japanese treatin' ya, Mitch? It's up on my languages t' learn list alongside Italian, so I'm curious just exactly how hard it is. ... Particularly since I'm rubbish at learnin' languages. If by some ungodly luck I end up wealthy enough to travel about the world one day, I intend to follow in the footsteps of a certain Liger fellow 'n make a trip to Japan at least once.

It doesn't seem as hard to learn to speak it as I thought so far. Sentence structure is definitely different and there is a lot of inferring going on. For example, If someone says wants to ask "Do you userstand Japanese?" they would usually drop the you (anata wa) and just ask "understand Japanese?" which is "nihongo ga wakarimasu ka". When responding you would drop the "I" (Watashi wa) and say "Yes. Understand Japanses." which is "Nihongo ga wakarimasu." If the person you are talking to uses "anata wa" (you) or "Watashi wa" (I) then in your reply you would also use it. Also the word order is different from english.Translated literally, "Nigongo ga wakarimasu ka" means "Japanese understand?" Another thing, the final word at the end of the sentence is what tells the listener what the meaning is. The "ka" in "Wakarimasu ka" makes it a question and makes it word "understand?" and using "en" at the end (wakarimasen) makes it a negative making it "Do not understand". Now I am not the best at teaching so that may be confusing so sorry if it is. I am using Pimsleur to learn it and am only on lesson 3 of Unit 1. It is an audio course and I listen to one lesson twice a day (once on my way to work and once on my way home).

I need to get me one'a those. :lol:

Not that I'd be gettin' one before Bloke... Sigh.

Nah. That be MY award! Ain't not noone gettin' it but me!

Understood that explanation perfectly, actually. In fact, that answers a question I've had for years; why Japanese sentence structure seems ass-backwards at times. Thanks for inadvertently answerin' that. :lol:

Nah. That be MY award! Ain't not noone gettin' it but me!

Pride is a sin. ¬_¬

... And so is envy. /hypocrite

Understood that explanation perfectly, actually. In fact, that answers a question I've had for years; why Japanese sentence structure seems ass-backwards at times. Thanks for inadvertently answerin' that.
lol.gif
Haha thats good. I have ADHD so my mind jumps around a lot and it comes out when I try and explain things so I am glad it came out alright (giggidy).

Pride is a sin. ¬_¬

... And so is envy. /hypocrite

/Fullmetal Alchemist

there is always your PENIS
But you might the old "Its rude to point" saying

Hahaha. I about burst out laughing at work. Damn I miss your humor lol

Last edited:
Shut your mouth peon! haha. Just us oldies having a good 'ol time!

That's your cue to get out, MR. >_>

no, i keed :lol:

/Fullmetal Alchemist

Well done bro, you've mentioned anythin' to do with that anime. Now RockerJ's gonna run on in here and go on a tangent over his hot, steamy, 100% homoerotic love for Ling 'n Greed.

:trollface:

That's your cue to get out, MR. >_>

no, i keed :lol:

*looks for the ModControlPanel so I can ban Mr. MR...* Heeeeeeeeeeeere ban hammer! HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE BANHAMMER! Daddy misses you!!!! Lol.

Well done bro, you've mentioned anythin' to do with that anime. Now RockerJ's gonna run on in here and go on a tangent over his hot, steamy, 100% homoerotic love for Ling 'n Greed.

:trollface:

*grabs some popcorn and awaits the show*

That is a good anime
Probably the best I have seen

Brotherhood was the best. It was more true to the manga. /nerd

You musnt of seen that meany then as its a bit pants

Pants are good so I take it you mean it's good? Knowing you, you hate pants and run around without any so I could be wrong. haha

Back