Nunchuck?

Ronald

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I dont understand how the nunchuck works, there is no sensor in it. Ok theres a little black sensor thingey in the front of the wiimote but none in the nunchuck, so is the nunchuck as accurate as the wiimote could u point and move a little circle on a screen with the nunchuck? I just dont undestand how it detects movement.

It also has, like the remote, a bar of something in it so that it can be sensed in 3D space. While it's capabilites are not as good as the remote, it still can do things. Like in sports boxing as your other fist. Oh yeah, and theres one of those cable things that attaches the nunchuck to the remote....Duh

Ronald said:
I dont understand how the nunchuck works, there is no sensor in it. Ok theres a little black sensor thingey in the front of the wiimote but none in the nunchuck, so is the nunchuck as accurate as the wiimote could u point and move a little circle on a screen with the nunchuck? I just dont undestand how it detects movement.

If you had used the search function to look how for the controllers work you would have known that:

1. The sensor bar, in combination with the Wiimote, is used for Pointing ONLY (i.e. clicking on the menu and typing).

2. Both the Wiimote and the Nunchuck are equiped with accelerometers which measure motion. This information is passed along to the Wii and it crunches the numbers to determinte what to do in the game.

Sooo. . .the lesson here is
aab11e53-search-jpg.jpg

they use gyros inside the devices to tell how they are tilted

Ah i c, i always thought the motion sencing came from the black thingey on the end of the wiimote, so ps3 motion sensors are using the same technoligy as wii tilt wise?

Ronald said:
Ah i c, i always thought the motion sencing came from the black thingey on the end of the wiimote, so ps3 motion sensors are using the same technoligy as wii tilt wise?
yes. The black part on the wiimote is for the infared, which tells it how far away from the tv it is. The sixaxis just copied the wii motes gyros. Just look at it this way, The sixaxis is just like the nunchuck. No rumble , has analog, and has gyros in it. :p

ok lol thx guys, thats a relief now that i know that, i thought the technology would suck for dual hand held games, like is it possible to make games wehre u have two guns and can tilt both seperate ways?

I don't see why not. they are both independent so yes it would. I think we see a little bit of that in wiisports boxing

Thats true but i always found the nunchuck one a lil worst with detecting movements, or is it just me?

I wouldn't be able to answer that one. I am left handed so I hold it the opposite way many do. And since the nunchuck is on my weaker hand... I think my right hand is not accurate

Ronald said:
Thats true but i always found the nunchuck one a lil worst with detecting movements, or is it just me?

No, I think that is probably true...kinda. The nunchuck has (I believe) the same accelerometer inside that the remote has but I doubt that most games use all of the data from the nunchuck (the remote just sends sensory information from the remote and nunchuck to the console over bluetooth with is interpreted by the game's control system).

asdfnick said:
they use gyros inside the devices to tell how they are tilted

Actually there are no gyros in the Wii remote it just has a 3-way accelometer that measures direction, volocity, and acceleration in 3D space.

So it measures left and right, up and down, twards and away... kinda like a 3D graph in geometry!

Back