Official "Guitar Hero 3 Discussion".

ProShooter

WiiChat Member
Aug 8, 2007
Okay, so this thread is to discuss what you have completed and stuff in Guitar Hero 3. It's not another thread to share codes and stuff. So discuss what you have done, what you unlocked, what's your favorite song, your band name and what rocker you use, etc!

Nice Thread!

Anyone else having trouble moving from 3 buttons to 4? I've mastered easy (get me!) but I'm having a nightmare getting the hang of medium, that forth button is really playing havoc with my brain. I'm not sure if it's just a case of practice makes perfect or my technique is wrong. I'm basically placing one finger over each of the buttons, but my little fingers is bloody usless, I'm wondering if i should by moving my whole hand up and and down the neck instead? Any tips would be most grateful, I bet Clapton never had this problem.

nickhopkins said:
Nice Thread!

Anyone else having trouble moving from 3 buttons to 4? I've mastered easy (get me!) but I'm having a nightmare getting the hang of medium, that forth button is really playing havoc with my brain. I'm not sure if it's just a case of practice makes perfect or my technique is wrong. I'm basically placing one finger over each of the buttons, but my little fingers is bloody usless, I'm wondering if i should by moving my whole hand up and and down the neck instead? Any tips would be most grateful, I bet Clapton never had this problem.
Yes, I'm playing right now and I'm actually having lots of trouble switching from 3 to 4 buttons! I can't get it. Going to be hard to do expert, my finger's easily get tired.

Yeah Expert will be a nightmare, do you have to finish expert to be able to access of 70 odd tracks? The songs on easy and medium seem to be the same and theres only 42 of them, so where are the other 28?

My band is called 'Crap Sabbaf' by the way and I'm the mighty Tom Morello!

I beat it on medium the first day I got it. (I didn't have any experience since I've never played a GH game before) The only songs that I can't complete on medium are Through The Fire And Flame, and F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. I've been trying to move on to hard, but I can only complete a few songs on hard, and I just can't grasp having to move my hand up and down the guitar. So I've just been playing online, which sucks ass because Microshite is having issues with Live.

The other 28 songs are in the store. You buy them with the money you earn from the gigs.

I was at gamestop watching this guy play expert through the fire and flames.
He was sick. 300 note streak.

We should make a tournament. This other wii forum has a big one. It's pretty cool.
Btw, what are your band names?

Its a relly good game, im up to the devil bit on medium, online play is really god, it would be btter if more people played online, my favourite song is cliffs of dover and thats a bout it i would rate this game 110%

the-triforce said:
Its a relly good game, im up to the devil bit on medium, online play is really god, it would be btter if more people played online, my favourite song is cliffs of dover and thats a bout it i would rate this game 110%
Many people play online in certain times.

great game... i got it for christmas for my wii and the first thing i did was 5-star every song on medium for easy cash to buy all the extra songs and unlock metal head and some extra guitars... now i'm going to try and beat it on hard. this is going to prove to be tough though.. considering how much more difficult GH3 seems to be than the previous GH games...

so far i've 5-starred the first two sets on hard and then the first 2 songs on the 3rd set (the killers and A.F.I.) --- hopefully my 5-star reign doesn't end too soon haha the extra cash is really handy

through the fire and flames is pretty freakin hard, even on medium! i played it on quick play and only managed a 79% hahah

oh and to answer the question above... no you do not have to beat it on expert to unlock all the extra songs... just win cash and purchase them from the store. there will be 7 other songs that you cannot unlock by purchasing from single player career mode though. 6 of them must be unlocked via co-op career mode, and then through the fire and flames is unlocked upon beating career mode (any difficulty) and will be placed in the bonus tracks, for those who don't know :)

It's a great game. I really like the choice of songs.

I have completed it on hard and most of it on expert.

The first game I played was GH2 and I basically mastered that so this one hasn't been much trouble at all.

I've been playing a lot of 2 lately, trying to get 5 stars on everything. It's a lot harder then I remembered.

the-triforce said:
Can you do co op band on wi fi?
I'm wondering that too.
I'm not even sure if you can play coop on wifi.
Can you?
Help.

Back