Official 'I got a Wii' thread

I got mine last Christmas, but I'm gonna post here anyway =)

It was some time in November and I went into to Target. I asked the guy at the counter if they had any wii's in stock. He said no, but that they were getting some on Sunday. The funny thing is, when I left to look at the games out, I heard another guy tell him that they weren't supposed to tell anyone that. =)

So I convinced my Mom drive me to Target at 5 in the morning to get the wii. She agreed, but she said that I had to wait for Christmas to get it. I was alright with that, knowing that I would have a Wii, even if I didn't get it right away. I waited in front of Target, first on there and a few people came after me. A lady came out and asked if we were waiting to get a wii. Most of us, yes, but some wanted a tickle me Elmo. :wtf: She gave us some tickets that guaranteed us a Wii. So we left, got some Coffee and came back when it opened. We were the second to get our Wii. There were only twenty wii's there, but there was many, many more people than that in line. When they handed it to me, I could've cried. It was awesome.

Christmas morning was the best Christmas evar!

That's my story, yup.

Just got it...

So, I've been wanting a Wii for awhile, either that or an X Box 360. And I finally have enough money to afford one.

So I call Wal-Mart to ask if they have a 360, and he says yes, they had one. I didnt even ask for a Wii because I figured no one would have them. Anyway, towards the end of the convo he says, "I also have a couple of Wiis if you are interested in one of those."

So I get my check book (yeah, I'm one of those check book people) and head to Wal-Mart. On the way I decided that, since Christmas is coming I may be able to get the other system I dont buy for a gift. With that in mind. I decided to buy the Wii seeing as how it is cheaper.

So far I just have the console, Wii Sports, Madden 2008, two controlers, and two nunchucks. I plan on getting the zapper and maybe something like Resident Evil : The Umbrella Chronicles, and Mario Galaxy.

Hopefully, I'll get the 360 too (thats really what I was originally looking at, all my friends are playing Halo 3 without me!). I'll definitely buy one after Christmas myself if I don't get one. Then, I'll have the Wii60 (just learned what that term meant, lol)!!!

GOT A Wii for my 4 year old daughter along with the Carnival Game.. and the Sports Pack

I'm sure I'll be playing with it as much as her..

What games do you guys recommend for a 4 year old??

Got 1 for my wife n I to do something together. It's actually exercise while playing ;) Was hoping the online gaming would be bigger, but I have my PC for that. btw, we're retirees ;)

:yesnod: I Just was able to score a WII at my local Target !! They got 24 in and 11 were bought by the employees well before the doors opened. I got #12

I got mine in 2 weeks by ordering in an online package from Cosco in Canada. Game with an extra Wiimote and nanchuck for $40.

I bought one as a Christmas present for my wife (though I'm looking forward to some multi-player games with her). She has wanted one for a while, since playing Wii Sports at a friend's house.

Recently I had been trying to gauge whether she was still interested in a Wii. And with Christmas approaching, I knew they'd be getting scarcer. Seeing that she was interested, and that they are scarce, I played up that I might not be able to find one for Christmas.

Well, now I have one, but she doesn't know it. Good, I want it to be a surprise. But now she's asking her co-workers for advice on finding a Wii. Oh-oh, what if she goes out and buys one?

I guess the worst that would happen is either the surprise is ruined or we have an extra one that has to get returned (or resold) after Christmas.

Just got my Wii last Friday and am loving it! The chance fell in my lap, literally, and I jumped on it.

ka_zfish said:
Just got my Wii last Friday and am loving it! The chance fell in my lap, literally, and I jumped on it.
Literally? Sounds like it coulda been painful.

i just got my wii. no wait at all. my roommate's aunt sold it to us because her kids wanted a 360. i've been losing sleep for the past two nights but have noticed a general increase in happiness.

dalesd said:
Literally? Sounds like it coulda been painful.

Not painful at all. Was sitting in line on black friday and the manager came out and just started handing tickets out for buying one. It landed in my lap, how could I say no? lol

We got ours 2 weeks ago, was checking stock in places for a few weeks, was jammy enough to log on and check argos when they had some. apparently they only got 9 and they were gone in minutes :)

Finally found something to spend our wedding vouchers on, 15 months after the wedding lol

Back