Official 'I got a Wii' thread

This is what I did: I kept my search in my local area. I kept calling them every few days and showing up at the stores. I have a Wallmart, Target, Bestbuy and a Toys R us near me. I also got the wiitracker thingie and looked at it.

One Saturday night in December, after activly searching for three weeks, TRU had a shipment. I teamed up with a freind, and she went before me to wait in line, while I came later. ( explanation; I'm disabled and use a wheelchair to get around) We got up and went to the store at 5 am. It was soo cold, soo very cold! When I got there, she was inside with the other 13 lucky ones and I was locked outside! TRU had locked the people inside the hall part of the store to prevent a mess. I had to flee the burning cold to a Manards across the street. Ahh, relief! We kept in touch with our cell phones and when they were ready to open the doors, I came back and got in. I watched though the glass doors as other people came up, looking for a wii, but there were none.

When it was time to go in, we all headed for the game section like cattle to thier feed. It was a surreal feeling. First to the games and controllers, than to line up to buy a wii. I got mine, handed it to my freind, and she took it home in her car, while I went back home in my power wheelchair.

I'm eternally gratefull she had my ticket on her! I was 7th in line out of 14 wiis. It was Sunday, December 6, 2006.

Last edited:
Got my Wii about 3 weeks ago. Get this. Kid brings it into GameStop. They were gonna give him $100...I offered him $150 for it. He takes it.

Wii, 4 Wiimotes, 2 Nunchucks, 1 Classic Controller for $150!!!

And to top it off....5000 WiiPoints in it??? Awesome awesome deal!!!

Some rich kid that said the Wii stinks and he was sticking with his 360. Right place at the right time!

cangelo said:
Got my Wii about 3 weeks ago. Get this. Kid brings it into GameStop. They were gonna give him $100...I offered him $150 for it. He takes it.

Some rich kid that said the Wii stinks and he was sticking with his 360. Right place at the right time!

WOW! You got sooo lucky! Congrats!

Just picked up a Wii for a relative an hour ago. I was shopping in Best Buy for something unrelated when I spotted 4 and decided to grab one. I already have one for myself.

cangelo said:

Wow. Lucky you!

cangelo said:

Steal of the century right there. Congrats on the good luck.

Well I saw a deal in the local internet classifieds I couldn't pass up.

Wii with all original packaging and receipt
3 Wiimotes
2 Nunchuks
1 Classic Controller
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Mario Party 8
2 Sonic Gamecube games

All for $335, just got back from picking it up. I'm reselling it as a stock used console, with everything you'd get from the store, and keeping the rest. I'm sure I can get $335 for just the stock system based on all the other classified ads I've seen. So basically I'll be getting a classic controller, 2 wiimotes, 1 nunchuk, Zelda, Mario Party, Wii Play and the Sonic games for free, and possibly for a profit.

Its crazy, I work at a Best Buy and we had over 100 of them for a random reason. So we sold 102 of them in one day. I was one of the last ones to pick it up.

Only found a couple faults. My arm hurts from over extending it pitching. And the second controller, I think the gyro is off, cause my GF plays it in bowling and it curves, she uses my wiimote and it doesnt but her remote will curve for me. Think I will take it back to work tomorrow and exchange it.

i just got my parents to get me a wii in spain,
they will bring it back to ireland for me to give to my 7 year old son for christmas.
Thats why I joined here, so i can start a thread for a question i have about spanish wii's!
They cant be got for love nor money in ireland.

Back