Official 'I got a Wii' thread

I GOT A Wii

well last christmas i was hoping for a wii but i had no such luck and after much frustration with the low amounts of wiis in stores i decided to buy a 360 will all of my money (which i love for halo 3 and now cod4). still wish i kept up looking for one but now my little sister wants a wii for christmas which is the best situation because now i will have both systems. well last night my mom got on me to look for one so i made about 7 calls at around 8 o'clock eastern and found a store that had one and my mom went and picked it up at around 832 eastern and now on christmas morning i will have a wii waiting for me since after the first week my sister will never play it again and it will be left for me. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I got mine at 12:30ish a.m. the day it came out. 13th in line. Got the last Zelda at the walmart.
woot :]

I checked Gamestop backdoor this morning. There are 2 close to work. One report 4. So at lunch time, snagged the last one at that store. Clerk said they had 4 come in yesterday. All are goe at the store now. So seems the Backdoor is about a day off, but good enough to work. It probably helped that it was the middle of the week. Trying to find one on a weekend is probably impossible.

With Christmas coming. If you want one for yourself or as a gift, Better be looking NOW. I would bet by Thanksgiving, it will ge very hard to find. I jsut cant believe the demand is so high compared to the suppy. I heard an interview with a Nitendo exec, he said it takes 5 months from there order to raise production, untill it hits the store. So I doubt the available will do nothing but get worse between now and Christmas.

Im happy

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'd like to say hi to everyone.

I just got my Wii two days ago and can't seem to stop- playing:yesnod:

Good News!
I Have Been Searching For One For Months & Finally Found It At Ozone Electronics. Now, At Least My Son, Nieces & Nephews Will Be Happy For Christmas!

I got my wii two days ago. :)

Had to bring it back yesterday because it kept freezing and giving that buzzing sound thru audio. (did it 3 times)

Got my second wii yesterday.... and I LOVE it. :)

Wiiiii !!!

*** excerpted from general chat in another forum ***

----------------
I picked mine up at Zellers on promo 3 days ago. Flyer was the console plus Mario Party 8 for $20 off. Turns out they 12 consolde and only had one MP8. There was 4 of us in line (and I was the youngest at 35!). We let Grandma get MP8. It was awesome because I got to sub Zelda:TP. Also grabbed Wii Play and of course a points card. At lower pricing too.

I haven't even opened up Zelda yet. Finding time is a challenge but Wii Sports is great for a few minutes of folly.

I also highly doubt they'll release a new Wii. I can see enhancements on some things perhaps, or added features. But the core console will remain the same, with updates, for the next few years. I read it somewhere on a Nintendo site about Nintendo not feeling the need whatsoever to plan for a console past the Wii; that there is no next step beyond the Wii needed. Now, I don't buy that for a minute, but I get their point that in today's technology they're reached a plateau of gaming. Where does it go from here realistically? A 720 or 1080P Wii sure, perhaps a Wii jacket with full range motion sensing etc but that's not a major shift from the current console, just updates (excluding the HD portion). It's nice to know even with Nintendo's response of "this is it" means they're backing the Wii for a number of years at least.

------

We finally got one after about 2 months of searching! And the only way we got it was my cousin on Denver, CO stumbled across one at Wal-mart as they had just gotten 3 of them in about 10 mins before he found it. We live in Atlanta, and they are pretty much empty everywhere unless you want to stand inline at 12am when they release like 5-10 of them...no thanks!! But hey, we got one finally and will be here this Thursday....WOO HOOO

Back