Official Q & A Thread

Slimi said:
Umm if you battle one pokemon and it is like a staravia +2 speed right? So what if the pokemon your EV training is lvl 1 and it gains more then 1 lvl? it gains +2 each lvl? I don't really know....
The ev's accumulate throughout everything. It's not like if it gets +4 evs, a garunteed +1 stat will show when you level up. If you had a Pikachu level 1, and it beat a starly and levels up, it's a level 2 Pikachu with 1 speed ev. Now let's say you fought two more starly's and leveled up again. Now your a level 3 Pikachu with 3 speed evs, etc.

WuddlePook said:
The ev's accumulate throughout everything. It's not like if it gets +4 evs, a garunteed +1 stat will show when you level up. If you had a Pikachu level 1, and it beat a starly and levels up, it's a level 2 Pikachu with 1 speed ev. Now let's say you fought two more starly's and leveled up again. Now your a level 3 Pikachu with 3 speed evs, etc.
I mean like if I use my elekid that I'm EV training, it's lvl one, I put it at the front of my party, switch, and then i kill the staravia, it goes up to lvl 5, it is holding the power anklet, so +3 EV's it gets in one lvl. So how much speed EV's does it get in the other 4 lvls?

Slimi said:
I mean like if I use my elekid that I'm EV training, it's lvl one, I put it at the front of my party, switch, and then i kill the staravia, it goes up to lvl 5, it is holding the power anklet, so +3 EV's it gets in one lvl. So how much speed EV's does it get in the other 4 lvls?
I honestly have no clue, I think it gets the +4 evs from the anklet but don't take my word for it because I don't know. [And shouldn't this be in the ev guide?]

For fire, generally Charizard is a good one. Others are Typhlosion and Infernape. Otherwise your stuck with the general ol' Heatran or Arcanine. You can try your hand at a Hypnosis Ninetails if you wanted to.

For grass, Sceptile is excellent with it's good base speed and fair attack. Otherwise the other three starters are nice bulky ones. You can try a Ludicolo as an alternative, or Leafeon for power maybe? Otherwise you can go Tangrowth as a Knock-Offer

WuddlePook said:
For fire, generally Charizard is a good one. Others are Typhlosion and Infernape. Otherwise your stuck with the general ol' Heatran or Arcanine. You can try your hand at a Hypnosis Ninetails if you wanted to.

For grass, Sceptile is excellent with it's good base speed and fair attack. Otherwise the other three starters are nice bulky ones. You can try a Ludicolo as an alternative, or Leafeon for power maybe? Otherwise you can go Tangrowth as a Knock-Offer

Blaziken is good you know >.>, i

i suggest Leafeon fair speed nad attack.

WuddlePook said:
Not a big fan of Blaziken which is why I purposely didn't mention him. :lol:

i see, anyway, im confuse how does focus band works??? does it only works against OHKO moves like Sheer and fissure?

ohh and by the way wuddle do you have dawn stone?

I probably have one somewhere, don't have my ds.

Focus Band from what I believe works in the same way as quick claw, but you need much more luck. Basically whatever would normally knock you out, regardless of whether it's a OHKO or 2/3/4/5/6Hko activates [Has like a 10% chance to work] and lets you hold on with 1 hp left [like a focus sash does]

WuddlePook said:
I probably have one somewhere, don't have my ds.

Focus Band from what I believe works in the same way as quick claw, but you need much more luck. Basically whatever would normally knock you out, regardless of whether it's a OHKO or 2/3/4/5/6Hko activates [Has like a 10% chance to work] and lets you hold on with 1 hp left [like a focus sash does]

coz earlier on my battle my luxray holds the band, and an electivire uses earthquake, thought it would work like sash but,......it didnt so yeah im got confuse, anyway.

i need the dawn stone....trade me 1 lol

I have a dawn stone or eight laying around. Got any good baby pokes to toss too many (see also greed), if not, I'll be happy to evolve something for you.

Strype McClaine said:
I have a dawn stone or eight laying around. Got any good baby pokes to toss too many (see also greed), if not, I'll be happy to evolve something for you.

lol what kind of baby poke are you looking for? lol and nope im not using dawn stone to evolve something i just want 1 for display lol

kyouh said:
lol what kind of baby poke are you looking for? lol and nope im not using dawn stone to evolve something i just want 1 for display lol

Good things that just arnt trained, good natured, not necessarily IV's (though IV's are nice)...

Dittos?
I love dittos...specialy if their name is their nature...

ALSO
Question: I keep reading on serebii reffering to NYPC...anyone care to shed some light on what the F that is?

NYPC is the New York Pokemon Center. When the GBA games were out you could get (I think you had to buy) special pokemon, which knew special "NYPC" moves. There's things like Surf / Fly Pikachu (useless now as you can't transfer it with HM moves), Wish Bagon and Chansey, Wish and Heal Bell Lickitung and theres a whole list.

Ah. I was wondering how the frick I could get wish on a blissy....still
Wish Blissy would rock...

Back