One thing I don't like about the Wii...

cujo

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2007
I don't like how i have to shut the system down when I want to go from playing a Gamecube game to a Wii game...I hope they have some sort of update where the "Home" button can be enabled on gamecube games.

cujo said:
I don't like how i have to shut the system down when I want to go from playing a Gamecube game to a Wii game...I hope they have some sort of update where the "Home" button can be enabled on gamecube games.
yeah I got bummed too about that

I haven't tried a GC game yet... Why can't you just enject the GC disc? It doesn't bring you to the Wii menu?

yep, two different modes. gamecube and wii. the other cannot be accessed when in gamecube mode because it behaves EXACTLY like a gamecube.

ya once you enter the gamecube game... you running pretty much a game cube.. the wii is closed down in the background... only way i found to get back was power down... they cant really put it in the pause menu cause its built into the gamecube game... but you would think by hitting home it would take you back... although i only played a gamecube game in there once... i will probably just play them in my gamecube

I was also pretty bummed when I realized you couldn't use the Home button to exit Gamecube games. However, I did notice that if you eject the disc while you're in the GC game and hit the reset button, it will restart into the Wii system. I think this is easier than shutting all the way down.

Also, if you don't eject the disc and hit restart, it just restarts the GC game. So yeah, once you start a GC game, the entire system starts acting like a GC.

wezeles said:
ya once you enter the gamecube game... you running pretty much a game cube.. the wii is closed down in the background... only way i found to get back was power down... they cant really put it in the pause menu cause its built into the gamecube game... but you would think by hitting home it would take you back... although i only played a gamecube game in there once... i will probably just play them in my gamecube

ya, i agree. i just play them in my or my bros GC. his is really nice and silver and flashy but i got a purple launch one lol. mines in my room and i'll occasionally just rock some AC or SSBM after i wake up.

that is one thing i always liked about nintendo sence gamecube.. they dont make the "nowloading" a good time to go to the bathroom eat dinner and finnish up cleaning the house..lol they have always been quick when it comes to loading a game.. the wii is even faster then the gamecube...

didn't own a gc, so no games for it... anyone tell me if it would be worth buying some to play on the wii? like any good games.

tones dude... Gamecube had some killer games... supersmash brothers melee,mariocart,bongo beat is cool in a group... any of the nintendo titles are a blast specially the sports games.. baseball,golf,etc.. as for 3rd party games most are about the same as any other game system.. but nintendo has always made awsome self title games.. go pick them up while there cheep... but make sure you have friends.. most nintendo games are made for a group... they pretty much own minigames,and multiplayer games... thats all they do for the most part...

but dont forget the link,metroid, and a few other of there games.. i have found very few nintendo based games i didnt like or atleast play till the end...

Back