One thing I don't like about the Wii...

LyricistSoldier said:
perhaps an update by nintendo could provide a fix :confused:

Probably not. The Wii clocks everything down to Gamecube speeds. Like someone says, the Wii essentially becomes a Gamecube, no emulation. Like dual personalities that can't see each other.

Heres a tip: When playing a gamecube game just press reset and eject the disc and it goes to wii menu!!

mym6 said:
Probably not. The Wii clocks everything down to Gamecube speeds. Like someone says, the Wii essentially becomes a Gamecube, no emulation. Like dual personalities that can't see each other.

you're right... each one wii nd GC run off a different system. Wii is Linux :D GC isn't... hopefully someones almost got that little nugget of Linux exploited for some fun homebrew :thumbsup:

Either way... the linux system might be able to be streamlined in a way to make a faster or better switch. But really if your playin a GC game.. no big deal to switch witht he wii how it is already. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
that may be why they havent came out with a keyboard for wii yet..lol maybe they dont want us messing with there new system... im waiting on a gamecube keyboard to come in from ebay... only 10 bucks..

Yeah, that really blows.
Hopefully they will update that because my friend brought over a gamecube game and it was annoying and just didn't seem innovative...

Nintendo should come up with a hardware update that lets you switch out game disks without having to get up. </sarcasm>

Seriously, if your switching games, what is the harm in having to get up once and a while unless your playing on a projector 100 ft. away or something.

What's wrong with getting up? Wii makes you move around quite a bit, we all don't mind doing that (until your legs freeze).

I really didn't notice that it did this, now I'm going to play a GameCube game and get really annoyed at it. Thanks for pointing that out =(

Back