Online gaming lag??? any way to stop it?

Thomas1

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2010
South Carolina
i need help fixing lag, when i play mwr i have to lead ppl to shoot them. is there anyway i can minimize lag to where i dont have to lead them. if you know anything plz help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try switching between the ways you access wifi. Try wired and wireless and go with what works. I think wired should be better.

ya for real one time in cage match this guy litteraly froze then popped up five stepps later then froze again

No there isnt.
Even if your connection is the best some little sod will always use lag to get the upper hand

It depends where u and other guy lives i always lag wen i 1 v1 my clan leader who is on the other side of the country try using a neutral host

Depends on internet connection on your router, upgrade internet speed by callingverizon or whom ever is your internet provider

Use these settings to help improve your connection.

On your Wii:
Use a static IP
Use OpenDNS 208.67.222.222; 208.67.220.220
Set MTU to "0" which is auto.

On your Router:
Set the static IP you have for the Wii on the DMZ.

Switch from wireless to wired connection always helps.

Are you on DSL?

If so... I have been fighting with laggy connection for months. Last week I even went out and bought a gaming router. Still had lag issues. Started researching and discovered that the DSL modem (Speedstream 4200-provided by my ISP) has an internal router- not a wireless router, just a basic no frills router. Even my ISP's tech support was unaware that the 4200 had an internal router. After quite a bit of time on the phone with them, they determined that I was correct, and figured out the steps to take to bridge that router, thus taking it out of the chain.

BTW- if you do bridge the modem's router, you then need to change your wireless router to be in PPPOE mode, and input your ISP's login information before you will be able to access the internet.

WOW! Amazing difference. No more leading targets by huge amounts. No more being killed by someone, and then have them show up after the fact LOL

Last edited:
At&t might be better...not sure.

Attachments

• cod-mw1.jpg
    cod-mw1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 14,880
I have Verizon and have absolutely no lag what so ever

Back