OPINIONS OF THE Wii'S online features

or do you mean the lack there of... lemme see, you can browse the web but can't use keyboard and mouse... download updates of which there are no new ones now, and buy and download classic nintendo games which i think is the best online feature yet but there is a lack of games to download at the moment...

overall the online function needs... more...

just my opinion though... :)

Same here THIS Friends codes crap sucks, its the same with the nintendo ds altho the match up gaming with mario kart or starfox is getting better, but i still dont like it lol

Ask the same question in a year.

exactly, did the ps2 have online capabilities as soon as it was released NO. Be patient better things will come

In my opinion, online was a key part of their strategy, but not a priority in their development. Nintendo felt they just had to give the illusion or hope of online capability at launch.

Friend Codes: Pain, but keeps unwanted people getting on your lists.

Online Multiplayer: None so far. Only 2 games at this point I know even planned are some Pokemon game and Mario Strikers. Neither of these I would buy. I realize people say give them some time, but this is sad. They didnt even make the SDK available to 3rd party software companies until after the 11/19 release.

Forcast Channel: Very cool idea, but had to wait a month though for a very simple application. Cool, but I never use it.

New Channel: Still not implemented. Again, this should not be a hard application to make.

Internet Channel: Cool I can surf on my tv, but I rarely do it. Its too hard to read the words even on my 50 inch.

Update-able firmware: Great feature and the only one used to its potential so far.

The online throws so much more potential out there, but Nintendo seems to be dragging their feet on implementing it.

minto said:
a YEAR I DONT THINK SO :mad5:

THE Game cube has online capabilities, but it never materialized. i never envision a great online process with the Wii. we will get supersmash brothers online and what ever the next Mario Kart will be, but it will never be the staple of their being like it is with the 360.

lack of online capabilites? The only thing that the internet lacks on the wii is it has too many bugs, like freezing or going back to the home page when i dont want it too, some pages wont load after i click it, and some things wont load up.
But then again this is the trial version or the first version, so im pretty sure they are fixing these bugs and it wont happen in the final version.

I have a lot of confidence in the Wii's online capabilities, and I'll tell you why: The Wii is the ONLY console on the market right now which is MAKING money. The Wii nets Nintendo around 50$(US) a console, compared with a loss of around $200-$300 for both the PS3 and the 360 (this is taking the sale price and subtracting the estimated production cost per unit). That translates into capital that can be used for a lot different things, and I would bet with the impressive state of Microsoft's online system, that would be the next target for Nintendo. :lol:

just curious, for the google browser, does it appear in full screen? On my 58" HDTV, it seem to just be in the middle of the screen and a black outline on the sides and the top.

Back