Pac-Man Should be in SSBB

Should Pac-Man be in Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

• Yes That Would Be Cool.

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Nah, Its A Dumb Idea...

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Listen to yourself... SSBB would look like a horrible game with 50 characters just shoved into the game for the sake of having a bunch of characters.

Imagine getting really confused about to choosing which character to use or play in the 'hypothetical smash game'. I would give up at first sight out of too many characters.

More chars =/= better game. Less chars with better options == better game. It's really that simple.

k say you have the small amount of 50 characters...sure theyre cool. now say you have 100 characters but 50 of them a crappy quality as you say...well who cares you still have the enitial 50 plus 50 others even if they are pointless.
LMAO I nearly laughed at this... small amount of 50 chars?? What is a flat screen plasma huge TV now too small?? Do we need a movie theatre in our own home to satisfy our urges for 'bigger is better'?

Your comment almost completely contradicts itself... I'd be sensible and get rid of the 'pointless' 50 chars, which brings it back to the 'small' amount of 50 chars. You're simply saying quantity itself doesn't improve the game!

ROFLMFAO Linkzeldagame is right on the money. and i have to agree with Tricks as well t.t Why even have the extra "50 crappy characters" If they will never be used? all they will do is clutter the screen and make the game look like it has a lot more 'clones' than it should. Now if there was a decently large selection of characters say 10ish more than last game, that would be large enough. I would only agree with adding that many characters if they were original and the creators spent a lot of time develping them as well as testing them.

Omg guys.... They dont need to put in like 50 crappy characters just to have a Pac-Man would be awsome classic and fun!

But pac man would not fit the game. How would he move, if they make him 3d he will look like crap, and if they make him like game and watch he will look like crap because he will just sort of 'float' around. What moves would he have that would be origina, we already have kirby eating people, how would he jump? there are too many things that prevent pac man from being in ssbb.

stoukaph is right, there are many moves a pokemon can do, and besides didnt jiggs have metranome? That alone justifys the 300 possible moves jiggs could be given. Al pac man does is move in a line, and eat......

Moves aside, How do you imagine they would make him look? Games are not just about the moves a character has, it is also about animation. If pac man was given good moves, how would they animate them, also how would he be animated just for standing and moving and everything i mentiond.

Pac Man just does not have what it takes to be in ssbb.

k back to the crap character thing. If pac man was one of those 50 "crap characters" he would be original. So whats to stop 50 "crap characters" that could be original and people would use. And I know 100 characters would clutter the screen, I was giving an example of how your quality quantity idea is flaw. I would be content with a roster of 40 characters myself but the idea is, is if you can throw in more that somebody may use then why not? Pac man may have no attacks but Im sure they could get creative, whats to stop them from doing that with any other character? Therefore if they did put in some "crap characters" they probably wouldnt be crappy cuz they wouldnt risk putting the crap in but rather make it more entertaining. Look at Game and Watch, all he pretty much was, was a whole bowl of entertainment.

And I know 100 characters would clutter the screen
The best fighting game Nintendo has made and they decided to clutter the screen with 100 characters?? Thats quality gone down the bin!

I was giving an example of how your quality quantity idea is flaw.
A very simplistic idea but still very degradeable part on Nintendo if that were to happen. Look at Pokemon all they've done to the games is add heaps more pokemon, make towns bigger than in Red and Blue and added more adventure elements. Sure the QUALITY of the pokemon games dropped somewhat since Gold and Silver came out, but the QUANTITY increased. In this case the quantity aspect of the game gave the player more options than ever seen in Red and Blue which is good in one way but it can overwhelm the player if there are too many options. I'm feeling that already and whenever I played 3rd Generation and 4th Generation pokemon games I don't focus on the personalities or their attributes in the pokemon contest because it adds even more complexity to my knowledge of the game. There's so much your brain can handle.

Im sure they could get creative
Nintendo has always been about being creative and selling their products as well. All thanks to Miyamoto, Iwata and Reggie Fils Aime.

Therefore if they did put in some "crap characters" they probably wouldnt be crappy cuz they wouldnt risk putting the crap in but rather make it more entertaining
Yes that's true. This often happens in second and third generation games.

Look at Game and Watch, all he pretty much was, was a whole bowl of entertainment.
He was pretty unique and it did give me a surprise when I first saw him in Melee. I wasn't totally surprised because I have a Game and Watch Fire game so I recognised him immediately. I think they put him in there so that they could remind people that it wasn't mario or zelda that started the franchise, it was Game and Watch that did.

like I said, nintendo is creative, Im more than sure they could figure something out. Or mabye they could use him as an item or a stage. Mabye even combine him with other characters like Dig-dug and Centipied. Ya never know. and Linkzeldagame, were you agreeing with me? or just commenting on what I said? I got some mixed feelings out of your comments.

Back