PC games online

anon413

WiiChat Member
Sep 29, 2007
Does a majority of online PC games offer free online play. Im thinking about going all pc no more consoles.

Yup, I don't know of any PC games (except MMOs like World of Warcraft) which make you pay to play them online. Then again, you don't have to pay to play Wii and PS3 games online either.

Look up the company named Blizzard that makes PC Games. They are the #1 best PC game makers, they take their time with their games and wont release them till they are done. Heres a good list:

World Of Warcraft
Starcraft
Warcraft III
Starcraft II (Coming Soon)
Diablo II (and Exapansion) (I'm currently playing this)

Not one of these games got a low scoreand are considered epic by 99% of the people who have actually played them.

pc has THE best fps and rts titles.

big downside is that you have to upgrade your hardware constantly to support new games...pc may have great games and great graphics, but it's hella costly.

I agree with laderer5. They never rush a game and make sure its balanced to almost perfection. WarCraft 3 is the exception because of the way it is. Its almost balanced but never perfect.

But in reality I dont recommend PC gaming. To do PC gaming you need a great PC and they're expensive. Even if you build your own they are cheaper but still expensive because they dont last long before you have to upgrade them again. A good GPU can run you up to $300 alone. People will say its not true and give you some examples of cheap ones, but they're just not as good. Also some games can run perfect with smooth framerate and a game with less req can run choppy. Yes its possible :p Because certain games were made with certain graphic cards in mind and alot of other bullcrap I dont feel like getting into. Basically be prepared to use $$$ for it.

most all pc games ofer free online multiplayer gaming.

Medal of Honor (multiple series')
Call of Duty (multiple series')
multiple driving and sports games

the ones you have to pay for are the massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG's)
World of Warcraft
StarWars Galaxy's
ect..

check out developers websites
ea
activision

be ready to upgrade your computer also (unless it's new and fast)
a lot of console games are on PC also. older ones are cheaper
CoD4
Halo 1 & 2 (halo 1 $20 US new)
bioshock
farcry

Microsoft has a version of Live for their PC games that you have to pay for (much like with the Xbox 360)

I play free online games imported by koreans mostly

There are lots of online games to be played without having to pay anything

You don't need a super computer to play them either.

Here are some of the games I play for free

Currently, I am really addicted to this 8 player fighting online game called Rumble Fighter. It's at ogplanet.com

If you're an MMORPG player.. there's a lot of good free ones such as Maplestory, Silk Road, Ragnarok Private servers, etc.

WOOOO! I know tons.

Lol.

CounterStrike 1.6
CounterStrike:Condition Zero
CounterStrike:Source

World of Warcraft (Pay 15 bucks a month).. Which reminds me, I only have 4 more days left.
Quake 3
Quake 4
Lost Planet:Extreme Condition
Garry's Mod
Half-Life 2: DeathMatch

EDIT - Wait, is he talking about free online games? Eh, if so.. Nevermind. Lol

*Goes play some WoW*

Try buying Diablo 2, its addicting like WoW. (made by the same company)
I've been hooked for 4 or 5 years now :lol:

PC gaming is the way to go. Especially for online. If you have a good setup ((yes, that means expensive one)) then no console can come close to it. Thats why I prefer playing on my PC. The consoles are there for when I can't find a PC version of a particular game ((which doesn't usually happen, atleast for me))

I own a ps3, 360, and wii, and by far my PC is the best of the best. The PS3 is really nice, the wii is really just for my gf ((though I do enjoy it)), and the 360 is a waste for me. Yes, it's a nice console, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it, as my PC already has these games, and handles them much better.

If you have a high end Pc and don't mind paying to upgrade every 6 months or so then nothing can touch a Pc.

Some games will always work better on a console in terms of controls as they are uniform (mostly sports, action or platform titles), where as they can sometimes be a bit awkward on Pc unless you have a controller that suits the game well. I used to have 4 just to play various games comfortably but they have improved a bit since then.

Some multi platform titles seem lazily done on Pc too, Transformers for example (i know it's a bad game on all platforms) seems to need a higher spec Pc than it really should. I guess that is countered by the cheaper price though.

FPS, RTS, simulation and mmorpg can't be beat on Pc however.

I like mmorps on Pc but i wouldn't play one that needed me to pay a monthly subscription because if you don't play for a while it's wasted money. I play Guild Wars as you just buy the game then play for free.

Back