Phat or Lite

i like the phat because i have one and weve been through some great times and plus i dont think that it makes a difference that the lite has a brighter screen because phat lights up too and works just fine and i dont think weight even matters

I find using the Nintendo DS Lite more comfortable and more enjoyable. It's smaller, better looking and brighter than the original DS and it has improved on the faults of the original in several ways. I have both versions; the silver original which I never liked too much because of the (in my opinion) horrible design; silver body with black buttons and the polar white Lite that looks great, is more compact and looks brighter. It also seems that the screen on the original DS scratched easier; even though the touch screens on both of my DSes are extremely scratched from games like Pokemon Dash and Ranger.

they have good and bad

i prefer ds phat buttons as they are easier to press and make click noises, phat also has better grip and gameboy advance games fit better.

i prefer ds lite because, looks way nicer, pen on side easire acess, also pen is bigger, alos power switch is better placed, also different light settings, Mic placement makes no difference.

but probably lite is better though

I have both and both have pro's and con's. The Phat( Classic DS ) Is alot more durable, But the screens suck if playing in sunlight or outside. The Lite is pretty weak and cannot take the abuse a classic can, however you can pretty much play it were ever you want. If i was to purchase a DS now it would be a lite.

Well if you're playing competitively (which is pretty much always my aspect) phat wins. Bigger buttons and better grip and stuff. If you're playing in say a tournament, I would way rather have a phat.

massi4h said:
Well if you're playing competitively (which is pretty much always my aspect) phat wins. Bigger buttons and better grip and stuff. If you're playing in say a tournament, I would way rather have a phat.

You took my statement!

The only problem with the Lite I find is that it's weak, it's missing a vital backbone that the original had, although mine click and opens like an extremely heavy door it can handle a lot more pressure.

I play Mario Kart competitively, for anyone who has raced me, you'd know that, and I find snking much easier with the buttons that make a click (lolyaisnake). On the other hand, it gives you cramp and I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with arthritis out of it. The chunky elavated platforms that the D Pad and buttons were on hurt my hands and I often had dinge marks on my hands. It's like when you'd play the N64 for too long and get a big A tattooed into your thumb.

So, more comfort and less prone to arthritic disease is probably best.

Although I am very competitive and won't give it up.

Yeah, yesterday, a friend of mine was playing Tetris online (on his stupid Lite) at school and he got put up against a player with a 7400 rating (I bumped him up to 7000 after deciding to restart again). He got his ass kicked so I said give it here, and then the first match I continually kept missing everything and lost (because of the stupid buttons), then the second game went at least a minute in which I won, then the last one I managed to win in about 15 seconds. But the buttons and grip was just horrible, I'm sticking to my phat.

Back