Photo Channel Videos

Projection

WiiChat Member
May 4, 2007
Bedford, England
Wii Online Code
2857-0920-1773-7331
I've got videos saved on my SD card but I have no idea how to play them on the Photo channel, is there something im missing?

I think you need to convert them to a format which can be read by the Wii. I have a program for that called Wii Video 9. Its cool.

Byuakuya said:
I think you need to convert them to a format which can be read by the Wii. I have a program for that called Wii Video 9. Its cool.

Thank you!

The format is M-JPEG or motion JPEG

All the frames are JPEGs (I think) thats why the filesize is so big... oh and the fact that you can only choose WAV audio also contributes to the filesize.

Lousy Farmers

M-JPEG is MPEG. It is indeed the same codec used in VCD. MPEG2 is used in DVD. Then the name got shorter with later compression codec to MP3 (for audio) and MP4 (e.g. divx, xvid,..). Who knows, the next standard may be called M5.

I download google images of train pictures for my son onto my SD card and they work fine. Also all pictures off my digital and phone camera are on there, There doesn't seem to be any options for video.

I'm not sure it can actually play videos?????. Bear in mind it's called the photo channel.

Last edited:
yes it definatly can play videos bcuz i got a virtual fireplace video and converted it using wii video 9 and it worked perfect on my wii (cept quality was a bit shitty)

Do you google?

Here is what I found.

Besides Wii video 9 converter, I think SUPER by eRightsoft should work too. I have been using it to convert to other video formats. It is a one-for-all video/audio converter.

Last edited:
Back