Photo Channel Videos

I just confirmed that the SUPER conversion utility by eRightsoft works really well for Wii Photo Channel. It is a freeware that can convert almost any video or audio file into almost any video or audio format. For Wii Photo Channel, you just need to pick plain "AVI" as output using "MJPEG" compression and "WAV(PCM" for audio output. You may choose bit rate for both audio and video to reduce file size. I've tried "MOV" with "MJPEG" codec but it does not work. The picture quality is very good.
It works in batch mode. I have been using it to convert MP4 files for my PDA and Divx player using this software for over a year. I found it a lot easier to use than Wii video 9 converter and give you many more options.
It is absolutely free with all necessary codecs include and support DirectX too. Download it at here.

Quality is crap for the file size. Not worth it in my opinion, a horrible quality render of one Aqua Teen episode (great quality before conversion) ended up 4x larger in size!

Anyone have any luck doing a good conversion with satisfactory quality and/or file size?

I have tried SUPER and Wii Video 9. Minimal to maximum settings.

billcsho said:
For Wii Photo Channel, you just need to pick plain "AVI" as output using "MJPEG" compression and "WAV(PCM" for audio output. You may choose bit rate for both audio and video to reduce file size. I've tried "MOV" with "MJPEG" codec but it does not work. The picture quality is very good.

Wii video has worked fine. I would rather not use it though since it is major adware.

SUPER will not work, tried your recommended settings .avi with MJPEG, as well as a .mov, .mpg. Tried multiple audio bitrates, mono, stereo, etc... No success, the Wii wont recognize it. Only when I use Wii Video 9. I am using a U.S. version of Wii. Do you think that may be why mine wont work with any conversion done with SUPER?

Help me out!

Last edited:
boxezking said:
nope. .mov :ciappa:
its .avi dummy

LowTek said:
Anyone have any luck doing a good conversion with satisfactory quality and/or file size?
I have tried SUPER and Wii Video 9. Minimal to maximum settings.
So you tried setting the bitrate on Wii video 9 to the highest it can go? Coz thats makes it good quality

LowTek said:
SUPER will not work, tried your recommended settings .avi with MJPEG, as well as a .mov, .mpg. Tried multiple audio bitrates, mono, stereo, etc... No success, the Wii wont recognize it. Only when I use Wii Video 9. I am using a U.S. version of Wii. Do you think that may be why mine wont work with any conversion done with SUPER.
I am going to try this SUPER. Ill post to tell yaz what happened

Tim the Elite said:
its .avi dummy

So you tried setting the bitrate on Wii video 9 to the highest it can go? Coz thats makes it good quality

I am going to try this SUPER. Ill post to tell yaz what happened

Thanks, yea setting the bitrate higher helps, thanks for the input. Still getting major file sizes. WOW. Let me know what you find with SUPER

I just tried SUPER

And it is possibly the absolute worst video encoding program I have ever used. Dont waste your time downloading it and trying it. It really is pathetic. I couldnt even encode a video so I couldnt tell you what it would be like on a Wii.

In one word
SHAMEFUL

Tim the Elite said:
I just tried SUPER

And it is possibly the absolute worst video encoding program I have ever used. Dont waste your time downloading it and trying it. It really is pathetic. I couldnt even encode a video so I couldnt tell you what it would be like on a Wii.

In one word
SHAMEFUL

Lol

Yea, I was able to convert, but my Wii wont take the video files, only with crap adware Wii Video.

WinAVI makes some great apps, cant wait for a Wii version!

I have converted several video files using SUPER into .AVI with MJPEG codec and they all work. I am also using a US Wii. I am using 1008 bit rate. What file format are you converting it from. Only the .AVI works but not the .MOV.
Here are the options I used:

1. AVI
2. M-JPEG
3. WAV-(pcm 16 little-endian)
ffmpeg / Use DirectShow
NoChange in Scale Size
25 Frame/Sec
1008 bitrate
Options: Hi quality
22050 sampling freq
2 channels
705 audio bit rate

The video quality depends on your original file. I have tested WMV, FLV, ASF, MP4 and all work fine. I don't see significant quality degradation. Indeed, all my video files have been converted at least 2-3 times before the final conversion to MJPEG all using SUPER. I hate adware too and I simply don't need another video converter as SUPER works for me.

Just one thing. When you download SUPER from the website, make sure you are downloading SUPER, not the other converters advertised on their website. The real download link is kind of hard to find.

It is true that the file size is about 4x of an MP4, but what do you expect from MJPEG, one of the earliest codec?

Last edited:
billcsho said:
I have converted several video files using SUPER into .AVI with MJPEG codec and they all work. I am also using a US Wii. I am using 1008 bit rate. What file format are you converting it from. Only the .AVI works but not the .MOV.

1. AVI
2. M-JPEG
ffmpeg / Use DirectShow
NoChange in Scale Size
25 Frame/Sec
1008 bitrate
22050 sampling freq
2 channels
705 audio bit rate

The video quality depends on your original file. I have tested WMV, FLV, ASF, MP4 and all work fine. I don't see significant quality degradation. Indeed, all my video files have been converted at least 2-3 times before the final conversion to MJPEG all using SUPER. I hate adware too and I simply don't need another video converter as SUPER works for me.

Just one thing. When you download SUPER from the website, make sure you are downloading SUPER, not the other converters advertised on their website. The real download link is kind of hard to find.

It is true that the file size is about 4x of an MP4, but what do you expect from MJPEG, one of the earliest codec?

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I will let you know how it turns out when I have a chance to test again.

billcsho said:

1. AVI
2. M-JPEG
ffmpeg / Use DirectShow
NoChange in Scale Size
25 Frame/Sec
1008 bitrate
22050 sampling freq
2 channels
705 audio bit rate

for the bitrate it wont let me choose anything less than 2496

Make sure you choose the encoder (ffmpeg) first and then the settings from the top down. Because what you choose in encoder and box 1, 2, and 3 and would determine what you can choose in the later boxes.
I am still experimenting the setting for wii photo channel. What I posted above is based on what it works but may not be the best. Indeed, I found using WAV-(pcm U8) for audio codec may reduce the file size by 10%. For some reason, the video bit rate has a much smaller impact on the file size. By the way, I am still using the version of SUPER from last year. So your options may be different. let me try the current version and I'll post it here again.

Okay, the new version has more codec but basically the same. Make sure you click the ffmpeg encoder otherwise you cannot choose PCM U8 in box 3. 2496 is now the default video bit rate but you can scroll up that box to choose lower rate. Anyway, that does not affect the file size too much in this codec.

Last edited:
Back