Pitfall Wii Help

I feel your pain, Amy. It took me a while to conquer evil Harry, when I was penguin. Just remember to hit him straight on or he'll keep going off to the side. I kept clipping him with my wing and then he'd be far enough away from me I couldn't hit him before he ran back to the sculpture. But hitting him straight on is what worked for me. Good luck!

At the Penguin Temple, on the third round it helps to let "Harry" climb a good deal higher up the pillar before knocking him off. This is because the floor area gets bigger. On the rounds when he does the pickaxe spin, let him get dizzy, then hit him.

Help! I am stumpped. I have made it past the Penguin Den but was not able to go much further. I don't have the raft, TNT or ice ax. I have gone all the way back to the crash site. What am I missing? I also have heroic dash, heroic dive & smash strike.

Help! I am stumpped. I have made it past the Penguin Den but was not able to go much further. I don't have the raft, TNT or ice ax. I have gone all the way back to the crash site. What am I missing? I also have heroic dash, heroic dive & smash strike.

Based on your description, this would have been the first time you went through the Penguin Den. If you made into White Valley, you were going the right way. You needed to reach Cavern Lake. The way from White Valley is not obvious as it is hidden behind an ice wall. If you come to the entrance to Spinja Lair, you went too far.

At Cavern Lake you need to free that annoying prat Leech for the third time to get the Raft. (The Pickaxes and TNT come later.)

Based on your description, this would have been the first time you went through the Penguin Den. If you made into White Valley, you were going the right way. You needed to reach Cavern Lake. The way from White Valley is not obvious as it is hidden behind an ice wall. If you come to the entrance to Spinja Lair, you went too far.

At Cavern Lake you need to free that annoying prat Leech for the third time to get the Raft. (The Pickaxes and TNT come later.)

I have been to Cavern Lake but did not see anyone or anything other than lots of water & bats. What am I missing?

I have been to Cavern Lake but did not see anyone or anything other than lots of water & bats. What am I missing?

Use the rope to swing across to the downed trees, then cross those.
As with the Turtle Monument you encountered earlier, Leech is hidden. There's a frozen tree near the Healing Spring that you need to knock down with your Sling.

There is also an Explorer on that level that you can't reach until you have the Pickaxes, and there is a Shaman that you can reach
once you have the Raft (he's way back in a very dark alcove).

Since you're in the Cavern Lake ... Use the swing to your left and get to the ice walkway ... go halfway down by creeping ... it will keep you from sliding off ... and you'll see another walkway leading to the right. Take the right walkway and go to the 4 way. Hop up on the fourway and head to your right. Go all the way to the end and you'll have to hop up to the left. Take this way until you see the healing spring. FYI ... when you see the bats ... Push the "A" button. This will set the bats on fire and keep you safe. Hop into the healing spring and get out your slingshot. Hit the Ice Tree on your right and it will knock down a wall and show you the guy who will give you the raft.

Good luck!

At my "witsend" with PITFALL

Not even sure where or how this gets posted--or even how to easily check any help I may get but here goes--I am currently (and have been for several days) stuck in what I think is the lost or abandonded cavern I can't figure out how to get past, through or over the cargo nets--something keeps bouncing me away from them. I know somebody here knows how to do it because somebody else asked for input but then said nevermind he figured it out. If someone could pklease enlighten me I would really appreciate it --THANKS

Not even sure where or how this gets posted--or even how to easily check any help I may get but here goes--I am currently (and have been for several days) stuck in what I think is the lost or abandonded cavern I can't figure out how to get past, through or over the cargo nets--something keeps bouncing me away from them. I know somebody here knows how to do it because somebody else asked for input but then said nevermind he figured it out. If someone could pklease enlighten me I would really appreciate it --THANKS

It sounds like you went through the Underground Dam and you've reached the Abandoned Cavern, crossed the bridge-type thing that falls if you don't cross it quickly, and now you're stuck somewhere. Are you talking about those two swinging nets that hold boxes that swing back and forth in front of you? To get past those, Heroic Dive over to where they are, wait for the first one to go by, then hurry to stand next to the box between where the nets swing through. Then wait for the second one to go by and hurry past it around the boxes to the left. Then Heroic Dash across the second bridge-type thing to get on top of the cages. There is a ladder in front of you, but it doesn't go anywhere useful at this point (you use it after you free the Explorer). Instead, go to your left and climb up the other ladder, go to the far end, then jump down onto the suspended boxes. Jump to the second one and then Heroic Dive across to where there is a conveyor belt and a lever.

(There is an Explorer in the cages. You need the Smash Strike to reach him, and I think it's easier to get him on your way back through this level a little later. There are also two Idols on this level.)

I need help when we get to the cargo nets and i jump but i cant grab the net and i keep getting killed

any ideas

would help a lot

thanks

I need help when we get to the cargo nets and i jump but i cant grab the net and i keep getting killed

any ideas

would help a lot

thanks

It sounds like this is when you first enter the level and you see those nets in front of you swinging off into the distance? You can't grab those. Look for the area that looks sort of like a bridge. That's where you want to cross. (The first Idol is below that bridge down a hole.)

Hey 1995hoo -

Can you give me some advice in turning "Harry" back into Harry after he becomes a scorpion? I know that I'm supposed to scamper across the ceiling to drop the rings and stun him in order to then sting him (by shaking the remote), but no matter which angle I approach him from, I've never been able to sting him once, let alone 4 times. Thanks for any advice!
Tom

Hey 1995hoo -

Can you give me some advice in turning "Harry" back into Harry after he becomes a scorpion? I know that I'm supposed to scamper across the ceiling to drop the rings and stun him in order to then sting him (by shaking the remote), but no matter which angle I approach him from, I've never been able to sting him once, let alone 4 times. Thanks for any advice!
Tom

I hope I don't come across as a smartarse here, but from reading your post, it sounds to me like you're shaking the remote immediately after you stun him. This leads me to the following query: Have you run down onto the floor to where he is? If not, there's your problem—you're on the ceiling and he's on the floor, so you have to run down to the floor, run over to him, get up close, and shake the remote to sting him. Then run back up on the ceiling as quickly as you can to be prepared to start dropping stuff at him again.

That's about the only thing I can really think of because I didn't have any problem stinging him, other than not being fast enough at stunning him the first time I played the game (took me three tries, I think, to beat that level the first time). The only other thing that I found tricky was that the up/down seemed to be reversed from normal when I was going up and down the walls.

Back