Pitfall Wii Help

The burning courtyard is the second half of the Twin Outposts level. From the first half (the native encampment, for lack of a better term) swim through the underground water to the second half (the burning courtyard). You need to do a Rising Strike onto the broken ladder that's across the lava behind the tree. It's a little tricky because you have to align yourself just so. Took me around 45 minutes and much cursing to get through there the first time.

Thanks so much for your advice about the Rising Stirke on the ladder. I was stuck there for an hour.:crazy:

More help needed

How do you get the idol in Bittenbinder's camp? I got the rising strike, the sling and freed Leach. But I can't get onto the island that has the Idol on it.

Last edited:
How do you get the idol in Bittenbinder's camp? I got the rising strike, the sling and freed Leach. But I can't get onto the island that has the Idol on it.

There are two Idols in there. The one closer to where Bittenbinder's tent is requires you to jump onto the log in the water, then jump to the island, then use the Rising Strike up to where the Idol is.

I got the second one later after swimming through the Flooded Cave from the Renegade Fort. I'm not sure whether you can get it this early in the game, but if you want to try, there is a tree on Leech's island that you can knock down to get over to where the stinky plants are (you can't swim to that area since there's no way out of the water).

Could someone help? I am stuck in the Statues of Ayar. I don't know where to go after jumping on the vine atfer the tilting stone disk held by the statue. I have tryed to swing onto the next statue's hand but miss every time and I see no other reachable item to swing to. What have I done wrong? Also I have only the canteen, 10 found Idols and only 1 Shaman found. Have I missed a bunch of things? I explore every area I come to but I have only started playing this game yesterday. It can be every frustrating game at times. But, I seem to be hooked already. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!! :confused:

hobocamp mentioned the easiest way to get up there (I found that a single push of the control stick was sufficient). The first time I played the game that level took me forever, easily over an hour. If you swing from the very bottom of the vine, you come up under the hand, smack into it, and fall to your death.

As far as Idols and Shamans and Explorers, no, you haven't missed too much. The Explorers are worth five Idols. If you count them with the rest of the Idols, by the time you reach the entrance to the Statues of Ayar you should have a maximum of 13 Idols, and presumably you would have used a couple of them at that first Shaman to buy something (meaning you'll have fewer by now). So far there has only been one Explorer and only two Shamans you can reach (the Explorer and the first Shaman were both in plain sight and the game would have prompted you what to do when you saw them). There is a Shaman back near the plane (requires Rising Strike) and another at the Great Tree (requires Gas Mask), but you can't reach them until later; ditto for the second Idol at each of the Crash Site (need Rising Strike), the Altar of Huitaca (need Heroic Dash), and the Punchau Shrine (need Torch); and an Explorer at the Punchau Shrine (requires Torch).

There are two Idols in the Statues of Ayar that you can't reach immediately.

(There is an Explorer in the cages. You need the Smash Strike to reach him, and I think it's easier to get him on your way back through this level a little later. There are also two Idols on this level.)

Hello 1995hoo, I really need to know how to get to that explorer. I am stuck, can you help.

CB

Hello 1995hoo, I really need to know how to get to that explorer. I am stuck, can you help.

CB

This is the one in the Abandoned Cavern. He's a bit tricky. You need to get yourself up on the two crates that are hanging near the rotating platforms. I did this on the way back from the Crystal Cavern by jumping on the rock near the lever, then using the two ropes to swing up, then jumping to the second crate. Then you need to kick the grating out of the side of the cage (if memory serves me correctly, a spin-kick works, like you'd use on a tree; don't double-jump when you try this, as you can't kick when you double-jump). Once you get into the cage, Smash Strike down to where the Explorer is.

Once you take the Explorer's Idol, go through the cages, then Rising Strike to the interior platform and roll through a small opening in the side to get out of the cages.

You can't get into the cages from the other end (where the second "bridge" is)—you have to do it from on top of the hanging crate described earlier. Also, I do not know whether you can do this on the way through for the first time going towards the Crystal Cavern, simply because I never tried.

Should work the same way it did back when you first got the Heroic Dash. Are you pushing the joystick forwards in the direction you want to go? I always do that and it seems to help. Also, you'll have to jump up the steps to the altar thingy.
It did help. Thank you.

As far as Idols and Shamans and Explorers, no, you haven't missed too much. The Explorers are worth five Idols. If you count them with the rest of the Idols, by the time you reach the entrance to the Statues of Ayar you should have a maximum of 13 Idols, and presumably you would have used a couple of them at that first Shaman to buy something (meaning you'll have fewer by now). So far there has only been one Explorer and only two Shamans you can reach (the Explorer and the first Shaman were both in plain sight and the game would have prompted you what to do when you saw them). There is a Shaman back near the plane (requires Rising Strike) and another at the Great Tree (requires Gas Mask), but you can't reach them until later; ditto for the second Idol at each of the Crash Site (need Rising Strike), the Altar of Huitaca (need Heroic Dash), and the Punchau Shrine (need Torch); and an Explorer at the Punchau Shrine (requires Torch).

There are two Idols in the Statues of Ayar that you can't reach immediately.

Thank you for all your help! :smilewinkgrin:

....ditto for the second Idol at each of the Crash Site (need Rising Strike),

I have made my way back to the crash site and I have the Rising Strike. I thing I have to go throught the hatch in the ceiling in the roof where the ladder is laying on the floor. I have not been able to jump up to the opening. Is there a trick to it, or I'm I in the wrong place?

If i'm understanding your question correctly, you can't use the rising strike tojump that high. You have to out to the swinging vine, and then swing up onto the plane.

I have made my way back to the crash site and I have the Rising Strike. I thing I have to go throught the hatch in the ceiling in the roof where the ladder is laying on the floor. I have not been able to jump up to the opening. Is there a trick to it, or I'm I in the wrong place?

I can't really picture where you mean, but for the Idol at the Crash Site you need to go almost all the way back to the beginning of the game, way back where you encountered your first Howler Monkey before you kicked your way through the plane the first time. Notice to your left where the tyre tracks go up the wall. Do a Rising Strike up there and you'll find the Idol; go through the passageway after that and you'll find the Shaman up on a rock.

Hey 1995hoo - I've been going back through the game to get all the idols I missed the first time. There's one at the Monoliths site that gave me trouble the first time through, but I thought with TNT I'd be able to get it. It's the one half-buried in snow, with what looks like a frozen figure on top of the monument. Do you remember how you got that one? TNT and nothing else I've tried have helped. Thanks.
Tom

Hey 1995hoo - I've been going back through the game to get all the idols I missed the first time. There's one at the Monoliths site that gave me trouble the first time through, but I thought with TNT I'd be able to get it. It's the one half-buried in snow, with what looks like a frozen figure on top of the monument. Do you remember how you got that one? TNT and nothing else I've tried have helped. Thanks.
Tom

I know where you mean, up on that ledge to the left where you climb an ice wall to get there. Kill all ten Snow Bowlers and the Idol will rise out of the ground. (Similar to the one at the Battered Bridge, but easier.)

I just got the gas mask (already have canteen, torch, sling shot, and shield). How can I select the gas mask so I can use it? I confirmed I have it by going to Inventory, but all four spots on my controller are taken up with the other items. I can't seem to select it like I can my other items.

Back