Pitfall Wii Help

I just got the gas mask (already have canteen, torch, sling shot, and shield). How can I select the gas mask so I can use it? I confirmed I have it by going to Inventory, but all four spots on my controller are taken up with the other items. I can't seem to select it like I can my other items.

Select one of the four positions on the controller and hold that side down. Example: Let's say you have the Torch on the left and don't plan to use it for a while, so you want to put the Gas Mask there. Hold down the left side of the cross. The game will pop up a box asking what item you want to map to the left side of the controller. Use the cross portion to highlight that item and then hit "A" to select it. (Unlike other menus in Pitfall, you don't use the control stick to navigate this box for some reason.)

Stuck in the abandoned cavern the 2nd time through

I'm on my back through the abandoned cavern and I've been on top of the rock above the conveyor belt. I think I need to get on the vine and swing to one of the platforms, but I've tried for several hours now and can't. Does anyone have a hint on how to get out of here?
Thank you

You're right, that's exactly what you need to do. Go to the upper left corner edge of the rock and jump from there. You should be able to catch the rope easily from there. good luck.

abandoned cavern

I can get to the vine, I just can't swing to the platform..I keep coming up short. Where do I need to go?
thanks

I seem to recall that you might need to climb up the rope just a bit for this one. I remember Harry hitting is head on the platform the first few times I jumped. (Also be sure you're trying to jump on the correct platform.) I believe it's the one that farthest over to the right. (It has a little bend in its ledge, and that's the point I always aimed for.) Hope this helps.

Select one of the four positions on the controller and hold that side down. Example: Let's say you have the Torch on the left and don't plan to use it for a while, so you want to put the Gas Mask there. Hold down the left side of the cross. The game will pop up a box asking what item you want to map to the left side of the controller. Use the cross portion to highlight that item and then hit "A" to select it. (Unlike other menus in Pitfall, you don't use the control stick to navigate this box for some reason.)

Did the trick. Thanks so much!

I'm still stuck. When I swing on the rope to try and go to the right platform, no matter where I am on the rope or where I aim to swing, I can't reach. It is getting rather frustrating. Maybe I'm not doing something right, obviously, but I have had the most trouble here. Any other suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I'm still stuck. When I swing on the rope to try and go to the right platform, no matter where I am on the rope or where I aim to swing, I can't reach. It is getting rather frustrating. Maybe I'm not doing something right, obviously, but I have had the most trouble here. Any other suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I just responded to the PM you sent me. Detailed instructions in there. On the chance that someone else is having the same problem, I'll just say that you need to aim for the darker part of that platform.

Renegade Headquarters

We're stuck in the Renegade Headquarters...we got the gas mask and now can't find anywhere else to proceed. Can anyone help? Thanks

We're stuck in the Renegade Headquarters...we got the gas mask and now can't find anywhere else to proceed. Can anyone help? Thanks

There is one Idol and a Shaman up near where you get the Gas Mask, and there is an Explorer you can't reach until you have TNT. Otherwise, once you get the Gas Mask, you got what you needed. The game should have brought up the map book to show you where to go next.

You need to go back to the Mama-Oullo Tower to get to where you need to go and you have two options for getting there. Option 1 is to backtrack via Renegade Fort--->Turtle Monument--->Twin Outposts--->Flooded Courtyard--->Jungle Trail--->Mama-Oullo Tower. Option 2 is to go over to the far corner of the Renegade Fort back behind where those mud crocodiles are and dive down into the Flooded Cave. Swim through the Flooded Cave to Bittenbinder's Camp, then go from there to Statues of Ayar--->Great Tree--->Altar of Huitaca--->Battered Bridge--->Mama-Oullo Tower.

Option 1 is probably a slightly faster route (the Flooded Cave is a little tricky), but you do have to deal with that incredibly annoying valley full of Howler Monkeys on the Jungle Trail. Option 2 takes longer, but it will allow you to get at least two Idols and one Shaman that you could not access earlier in the game. Totally a matter of which route you prefer.

Abandoned Cavern: Stuck in the Explorer Cage

It sounds like you went through the Underground Dam and you've reached the Abandoned Cavern, crossed the bridge-type thing that falls if you don't cross it quickly, and now you're stuck somewhere. Are you talking about those two swinging nets that hold boxes that swing back and forth in front of you? To get past those, Heroic Dive over to where they are, wait for the first one to go by, then hurry to stand next to the box between where the nets swing through. Then wait for the second one to go by and hurry past it around the boxes to the left. Then Heroic Dash across the second bridge-type thing to get on top of the cages. There is a ladder in front of you, but it doesn't go anywhere useful at this point (you use it after you free the Explorer). Instead, go to your left and climb up the other ladder, go to the far end, then jump down onto the suspended boxes. Jump to the second one and then Heroic Dive across to where there is a conveyor belt and a lever.

(There is an Explorer in the cages. You need the Smash Strike to reach him, and I think it's easier to get him on your way back through this level a little later. There are also two Idols on this level.)

I entered the cage and got the Explorer. I feel so stupid... I can't figure out how to get out of the cage after getting the Explorere. I can't get through the cage to the ladder to climb out. Please HELP. Thank you!!

I entered the cage and got the Explorer. I feel so stupid... I can't figure out how to get out of the cage after getting the Explorere. I can't get through the cage to the ladder to climb out. Please HELP. Thank you!!

This confused me for a long time too. If you go back to the far side of the cage (I think it's close to where the ladder is) you'll see a small hole which you can role through.

Ok, stupid question. I'm in the Punchau Shrine, with this guy talking gibberish behind a spiderweb, that I (ofcourse) need a torch to get rid of. I crossed over into The Planes Cockpit to see what I could find, but found nothing except a bunch of rabid scorpions.

Here's the stupid question. How do I find the torch? Or the raft? Do I have to purchase them from the shaman? If so, why doensn't it give me the option for the shaman I have found? And who's the psycho behind the spiderweb? Is that the Bidder guy?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, stupid question. I'm in the Punchau Shrine, with this guy talking gibberish behind a spiderweb, that I (ofcourse) need a torch to get rid of. I crossed over into The Planes Cockpit to see what I could find, but found nothing except a bunch of rabid scorpions.

Here's the stupid question. How do I find the torch? Or the raft? Do I have to purchase them from the shaman? If so, why doensn't it give me the option for the shaman I have found? And who's the psycho behind the spiderweb? Is that the Bidder guy?

Thanks in advance!

as i have seen in the other posts....you will come back to him later.....use the 2nd vine and jump on top of the plane and crouch and kick the rocks to open a hole and then roll through....

OK my problem is the place where the hands are..lol...i guess the other forums were lost?? because i read in there how to do it but in the older age i have forgotten:thumbsup:

i can get up on the 2nd hand but dont know where to go from there:mad2:

Back