Pitfall Wii Help

Ok, stupid question. I'm in the Punchau Shrine, with this guy talking gibberish behind a spiderweb, that I (ofcourse) need a torch to get rid of. I crossed over into The Planes Cockpit to see what I could find, but found nothing except a bunch of rabid scorpions.

Here's the stupid question. How do I find the torch? Or the raft? Do I have to purchase them from the shaman? If so, why doensn't it give me the option for the shaman I have found? And who's the psycho behind the spiderweb? Is that the Bidder guy?

Thanks in advance!

You don't have to purchase them. You'll be given them gradually as you progress through the game. You'll find that you'll go back and forth through several of the same areas during the game. (The guy behind the web is just one of the explorers. You can free him later when you have the torch.)

how do i get outta bitten binders camp??

Go over to the little island where you knocked the plane out of the tree. Climb up on the stump facing the area you first came out of - where the porcupines are. From the stump, hit them with a few rocks from the sling. Then go to the end of the limb, and jump onto that area. Go quickly, because the porcupines will be comin "unstunned". Go over to the area you first jumped off of, and use your new risking strike to jump up, and then you can exit.

Go over to the little island where you knocked the plane out of the tree. Climb up on the stump facing the area you first came out of - where the porcupines are. From the stump, hit them with a few rocks from the sling. Then go to the end of the limb, and jump onto that area. Go quickly, because the porcupines will be comin "unstunned". Go over to the area you first jumped off of, and use your new risking strike to jump up, and then you can exit.

THANKZ:thumbsup:

OK....this is frustrating.......

I've rescued the chick from the tree and went into the cave but how can yoou see what you are doing... its to dark and the torch only lights a very little bit??? I've blown up the TNT and set the bats on fire but cant see to get any further....

Again Thanks

Hobocamp11 - Thank you! Finally made it out.

This confused me for a long time too. If you go back to the far side of the cage (I think it's close to where the ladder is) you'll see a small hole which you can role through.

I need to slow down and look more closely at my surroundings. I appreciate your help!

I think you're talking about where you have to both break the stalagmites and land on the base at the same time. One thing that will help you see is to adjust the brightness of your tv. I found that there were several areas of the game where this helped. (And there's a section later where you have to do a good bit of deep swimming where you'll go crazy if you don't do this.)
Then you just have to jump to the stalagmite, kick it at the same time. Sometimes you'll land when you break it, but sometimes you'll fall. But then at least you have them out of the way for when you try next time. Hope this helps.

OK my problem is the place where the hands are..lol...i guess the other forums were lost?? because i read in there how to do it but in the older age i have forgotten:thumbsup:

i can get up on the 2nd hand but dont know where to go from there:mad2:

It sounds like you're at the Statues of Ayar. When you get up on the second hand, there is yet another vine above you. Use it to swing to where the statue's head would be if it were there. Then cross over to the other side, jump to the tree branch that's there, and carefully creep down to the end. Jump over to the opening in the wall (make note of what the game tells you when you walk into that opening). If you turn around and face back out across this area, you'll see the branch you just came from to your left and two vines to your right. Use those two vines to get to the opening in the other wall.

OK....this is frustrating.......

I've rescued the chick from the tree and went into the cave but how can yoou see what you are doing... its to dark and the torch only lights a very little bit??? I've blown up the TNT and set the bats on fire but cant see to get any further....

Again Thanks

I agree....very frustrating. I gave up swearing for Lent, but that went out the window when I bought this game. :tard:

Anywho, back to the guy behind the spiderweb talking gibberish. How do I get back UP that ladder so I can head back to the beginning, to swing on the vine, to get on to the top of the airplane? *deep sigh* I feel a swearing fit coming on...... :mad2:

You don't have to purchase them. You'll be given them gradually as you progress through the game. You'll find that you'll go back and forth through several of the same areas during the game. (The guy behind the web is just one of the explorers. You can free him later when you have the torch.)

Will it just appear in my inventory that I have the item or do I have to peek behind every single bush to find the item? And how do I go about getting myself back to the beginning to actually use the items? I get back to that explorer chanting gibberish and I can't get back up that ladder.

I agree....very frustrating. I gave up swearing for Lent, but that went out the window when I bought this game. :tard:

Anywho, back to the guy behind the spiderweb talking gibberish. How do I get back UP that ladder so I can head back to the beginning, to swing on the vine, to get on to the top of the airplane? *deep sigh* I feel a swearing fit coming on...... :mad2:

You don't go back up that ladder. From reading your description, you're at the Punchau Shrine and you went through the passage to where you encountered some scorpions. If you go past those scorpions, you'll see a vine. Use that.

Will it just appear in my inventory that I have the item or do I have to peek behind every single bush to find the item? And how do I go about getting myself back to the beginning to actually use the items? I get back to that explorer chanting gibberish and I can't get back up that ladder.

You'll know when you receive an item. In some cases, the game will take over and play a little movie (like the one at the start with the plane crash); in other cases, you'll find the item and a message will appear. Either way, you'll have no doubt when you receive something. But it's not a bad idea to explore all around an area when you enter. (I also recommend that you save the game every time you enter a new level.) Look behind bushes, or inside hollow areas, or on top of things you can climb. Things like Idols, and the Shaman in particular, tend to be in out-of-the-way places. As a general rule, if you see a vine, or a rope, or something you can jump on, there's almost always a reason for its being there.

You don't go back up that ladder. From reading your description, you're at the Punchau Shrine and you went through the passage to where you encountered some scorpions. If you go past those scorpions, you'll see a vine. Use that.

You'll know when you receive an item. In some cases, the game will take over and play a little movie (like the one at the start with the plane crash); in other cases, you'll find the item and a message will appear. Either way, you'll have no doubt when you receive something. But it's not a bad idea to explore all around an area when you enter. (I also recommend that you save the game every time you enter a new level.) Look behind bushes, or inside hollow areas, or on top of things you can climb. Things like Idols, and the Shaman in particular, tend to be in out-of-the-way places. As a general rule, if you see a vine, or a rope, or something you can jump on, there's almost always a reason for its being there.

Thanks SO MUCH!!!! I really appreciate your help. I'm not a "gamer", but when I saw Pitfall I started acting all giddy. I used to play Pitfall on Atari for hours at a time...(showing my true age).....and now I'm once again addicted.

Thanks SO MUCH!!!! I really appreciate your help. I'm not a "gamer", but when I saw Pitfall I started acting all giddy. I used to play Pitfall on Atari for hours at a time...(showing my true age).....and now I'm once again addicted.

Yeh, I loved that game when I was a kid and when I discovered a descendant existed for the Wii I was quite chuffed. Now if they would come out with an updated version of Burger Time....!!!

Yeh, I loved that game when I was a kid and when I discovered a descendant existed for the Wii I was quite chuffed. Now if they would come out with an updated version of Burger Time....!!!

I would be ALL over that Burger Time game. I downloaded it to my cellphone a couple months ago and now my cell battery only lasts about 2 days. There's one other game I'd like to see and a lot of people haven't heard of it. It was an Atari game called Pigs in Space...based off the Muppets. The only part of the game I remember is Ms. Piggy screaming like a banshee.....and me having an absolute wonderful time.

*raising hand* Ok professor, I have another stupid question. I'm at the Great Tree....am I suppose to have anything besides the Canteen in my inventory? I found a place at the bottom of the tree that you need a gas mask to get into, but I don't have that. I understand that as you play the game, you will acquire what you need....but as you climb further up the tree, the place fills up with water. How do I get back to the place with the gas mask if it's full of water?

Back