Pitfall Wii Help

I'm not the great professor (because he truly knows the game like the back of his hand), but I can tell you that you'll come back through here later once you have the gas mask, and the water will be back down to its normal level. So don't worry about it for now. In fact there are several places you might reach in the game that require the the gas mask before you actually acquire it.

I'm not the great professor (because he truly knows the game like the back of his hand), but I can tell you that you'll come back through here later once you have the gas mask, and the water will be back down to its normal level. So don't worry about it for now. In fact there are several places you might reach in the game that require the the gas mask before you actually acquire it.

Am I suppose to have anything besides the canteen thus far? I feel like I'm missing something (besides the capacity to play this game) and I find myself looking at my TV with a blank stare.

Am I suppose to have anything besides the canteen thus far? I feel like I'm missing something (besides the capacity to play this game) and I find myself looking at my TV with a blank stare.

Nope. If you're at the Great Tree, you'll be getting two things (an "item" and an "ability," for lack of a better way to put it) in the near future. The only other way you could have gotten something so far would have been to buy something from one of the two Shamans you've had the opportunity to visit so far.

The game can be very frustrating until you stop trying to second-guess everything. You'll feel like this many times... :mad2::mad2::mad2: ....but as a rule, if you encounter something saying you need an item you don't have (say, a Torch or a Gas Mask) it means you'll be coming back later, so there is no need to worry...even about underwater areas..... (Note that there are some items you can buy from the Shaman, like the Breakdance Strike, that are not REQUIRED. The items that you MUST have are ones you will find in turn.)

BTW, it might chuff you to know that if you got to the Great Tree, and saw it filling with water, you're going the right way. If you have young kids in your house, though, I suggest you put them to bed and stick earplugs in their ears before you attempt the next level, unless you don't mind them hearing the more vulgar parts of your vocabulary.

I know that i asked this before but since the other stuff was lost i'll ask again...

It says that it includes the classic version of pitfall and pitfallII?? whrere or what or how is it??

I know that i asked this before but since the other stuff was lost i'll ask again...

It says that it includes the classic version of pitfall and pitfallII?? whrere or what or how is it??

For Pitfall, buy the "Mystery Item" from the Shaman.

To unlock Pitfall II, you need to find all the Idols and Explorers and buy every item from the Shaman (meaning you also need to find every Shaman, of course). Note that to get all the Idols, you'll need to play the original Pitfall.

To unlock Pitfall II, you need to find all the Idols and Explorers and buy every item from the Shaman (meaning you also need to find every Shaman, of course). Note that to get all the Idols, you'll need to play the original Pitfall.

That brings up an interesting point. I believe the game has a glitch, where it doesn't count the Explorer you find in the excavation camp. I read in another forum that one of the previous versions (Playstation, XBox - I can't remember) - had the same problem. I know that I got that particular Explorer, but the notes still say that I don't have it. So I wonder if that would prevent Pitfall II from ever opening. (Of course I'll probably never know anyway, because I've never been able to complete the Difficult level of any of the Native Games except the one where you throw the dynamite at the natives.)

Now the first Shaman you meet has a mystery item doesnt he??? if he does then i bought that one....

Does that work??

That brings up an interesting point. I believe the game has a glitch, where it doesn't count the Explorer you find in the excavation camp. I read in another forum that one of the previous versions (Playstation, XBox - I can't remember) - had the same problem. I know that I got that particular Explorer, but the notes still say that I don't have it. So I wonder if that would prevent Pitfall II from ever opening. (Of course I'll probably never know anyway, because I've never been able to complete the Difficult level of any of the Native Games except the one where you throw the dynamite at the natives.)

You are correct about the bug (happened to me the first time I played it; didn't happen the second time). It doesn't stop Pitfall II from opening. Notice that when you save the game, the listing there shows the correct numbers.

Now the first Shaman you meet has a mystery item doesnt he??? if he does then i bought that one....

Does that work??

He did have the Mystery Item. It doesn't cost anything to buy. You need to have the Torch before you can access the area where you can use it. (I didn't mention that because I assumed you would have bought extra health or some such from the first Shaman.)

The first time I went through the game I think I bought that item from the Shaman in White Valley because I didn't have enough Idols at the time to buy anything else. Don't remember where I bought it the second time.

He did have the Mystery Item. It doesn't cost anything to buy. You need to have the Torch before you can access the area where you can use it. (I didn't mention that because I assumed you would have bought extra health or some such from the first Shaman.)

The first time I went through the game I think I bought that item from the Shaman in White Valley because I didn't have enough Idols at the time to buy anything else. Don't remember where I bought it the second time.

Cool thanks.....

yea dont ask me why i do things like that...LOL:thumbsup:

Cool thanks.....

yea dont ask me why i do things like that...LOL:thumbsup:

If you're still trying to get out of the cave beneath the Mouth of Inti, you might want know that you will emerge back at the Altar of Huitaca and both that level and the next one you will visit have Shamans you can reach. Since you bought the Mystery Item early, you should have plenty of Idols for use at the Shaman!

Help in Flooded Courtyard

I am in the flooded courtyard and have killed all of the St. Clair's men and got the Idol. Now what? I can't find a way out! I have been jumping pillar to pillar for hours. :mad2:

I am in the flooded courtyard and have killed all of the St. Clair's men and got the Idol. Now what? I can't find a way out! I have been jumping pillar to pillar for hours. :mad2:

I assume this is the first time you went there? Good job on getting the Idol. I was never able to make the jump (I grabbed it later when I got the Explorer).

Assuming it's your first time there, you need to go up to the two altars on either side at the far end from where you entered. Remember how you got your Heroic Dash when you first entered this level? You're going to need it to reach these two altars. Go up to them and use your Torch and the game will show you where to go next.

Thank you 1995hoo! :) I am now up to the Renegade Fort. I'm stuck trying to get over the the opening before it closes again, it's FAST. Any hints on how to get to in time? I think I am too impatient for this game. I need a cheat manual!!

Last edited:
Thank you 1995hoo! :) I am now up to the Renegade Fort. I'm stuck trying to get over the the opening before it closes again, it's FAST. Any hints on how to get to in time? I think I am too impatient for this game. I need a cheat manual!!

That is THE most annoying spot in the whole game. The biggest thing is not to take any time swinging back and forth on the ropes. If you do, you won't make it. I always turn around and line myself up with the first rope before throwing the lever. Then I Heroic Dive onto the first rope, do a jump off the rope on the first swing, then hit jump again whilst in mid-air so that I hit the top platform, and then I make my way from there. Remember you can roll to get under the gate if it's starting to get low.

I think it took me an hour and a half of trying that over and over again the first time I played that level. (To make it even more annoying.....the Explorer in the next level cannot be reached until you have TNT, so you'll be doing all this again later. AND the next level is a dead-end, meaning when you finish it, you come back out to the Renegade Fort where you are now!!! :mad2:)

Back