Pitfall Wii Help

Yesterday afternoon I stuck my videocamera on top of a tripod and pointed it at my TV. I decided to film two areas that are frequent subjects of questions, as well as the Flooded Cave because when hobocamp (I think it was him) asked me for help on that I had trouble describing what to do.

WARNING: These are not dialup-friendly, especially the Statues of Ayar video, which is over 3 minutes long. All are uploaded at 320 x 240.

How to get through the Statues of Ayar: I had to edit this down several times to make it short enough for Photobucket to accept the upload. Hence a reference to the Healing Spring at one point, which refers to a part I removed. I had originally shown the whole level, coming in from the Great Tree, as well as where the Idols are, but I had to cut all that out.

How to get out of the Burning Outpost (second half of the Twin Outposts level): Note that I used the Breakdance Strike to kill the four natives. You might need to use a different method if you haven't bought the Breakdance Strike from the Shaman.

How to go through the Flooded Cave: This level is the shortcut between the Renegade Fort and Bittenbinder's Camp, and you can use it in either direction once you have a Gas Mask. (From Bittenbinder's Camp you have to spin-kick a tree on Leech's island to make a bridge if you want to access the cave, and obviously where I talk about diving down to an opening you instead have to go up.) It's a good shortcut, especially late in the game, but it can be very disorienting in there! hobocamp had asked about going in the other direction towards the Renegade Fort. The key there is to know when you have to swim upwards after passing all the eels.

I was reading through this thread and am having a similar problem...I went back to the Turtle Monument and found the Shaman and Idols but I can't get the next special ability? It's hiding I guess but I can't figure it out... Also, which way do I head after the Turtle Monument?

I was reading through this thread and am having a similar problem...I went back to the Turtle Monument and found the Shaman and Idols but I can't get the next special ability? It's hiding I guess but I can't figure it out... Also, which way do I head after the Turtle Monument?

Go into the turtle's head (big statue thing) and explore everywhere in there. That's where you get the next special ability.
You have to get up on the upper ledge.
Once you get it, the game should tell you where to go next in another of those scenes where Harry pulls out the map.

i found bittenbinder freed the tank thing and got the sling but i cant seem to find leech i dont know what tree he is in can anyone help????

Go to the second little sandbar/island (it's the one you come to after you walk across the first fallen tree - there's probably be a dead porcupine there by now). Then look over to your left. Aim for approximately the middle of the tops of those trees. If you look closely, you can actually see a bit of the plane stuck up in there.

i found bittenbinder freed the tank thing and got the sling but i cant seem to find leech i dont know what tree he is in can anyone help????

From where Bittenbinder is, go back across the second tree you knocked down. Turn to your right, then jump to the big island in the centre of this level. As hobocamp notes, there is a portion of a plane stuck up in the tree. Use your new Sling on that plane and sooner or later you will free Leech. Get used to freeing him, as this ain't the last time for that! Stupid little prat....

While you are there, snag the Idol that is back near Bittenbinder's vehicle. You use the floating log in the water and then your new Rising Strike to get to where it is. If you didn't already visit the Shaman at the Altar of Huitaca, this Idol might be useful to you since you're going back through that level two more times in the near future. (BTW, if you didn't already get the Idol at the Great Tree, get that one too on your way back.)

thanks 1995hoo i freed him but i cant seem to get the idol is there a trick to it or something?

thanks 1995hoo i freed him but i cant seem to get the idol is there a trick to it or something?

Not really. It's on an island near where the Healing Spring is. From Bittenbinder's tent, you jump to the log in the water, then jump to the island, then Rising Strike up to where the Idol is. Make sure Harry's hands are empty and then grab the Idol.

There is a second one over near the stinky plants. I'm not sure whether you can get it prior to getting the Gas Mask. There is a tree you can knock down to make a bridge to get over there, but I've never gotten around to trying that at this early stage of the game.

If you can't get the first Idol, just leave it for later. You'll be back to this level at least one more time, possibly more depending on what routes you choose to use at certain times.

ok i went to bitten binders camp and helped him and leech but now im stuck in the statues of ayar how do i get out??????

ok i went to bitten binders camp and helped him and leech but now im stuck in the statues of ayar how do i get out??????

Now that you have the Rising Strike there is an Idol in the Statues of Ayar that you could not get the first time through. You have to use the vines to the left of the opening back into Statues of Ayars from Bittenbider's Camp. After getting the Idol, jump down onto the tilting disk and then jump onto the vine and swing back out the original place you entered from The Great Tree.

Hope this helps.:D

Last edited:
Not really. It's on an island near where the Healing Spring is. From Bittenbinder's tent, you jump to the log in the water, then jump to the island, then Rising Strike up to where the Idol is. Make sure Harry's hands are empty and then grab the Idol.

There is a second one over near the stinky plants. I'm not sure whether you can get it prior to getting the Gas Mask. There is a tree you can knock down to make a bridge to get over there, but I've never gotten around to trying that at this early stage of the game.

I startd a new game last night to see whether you could get the second Idol at Bittenbinder's Camp without the Gas Mask. Answer is no. I knocked down the tree and started walking over only to find that the green gas radiates out far enough that you can't get all the way across the tree.

I'm doing an experiment to see how quickly I can play the whole game with the exception of the Native Games (idea being to play everything else, note down the time spent, then play the Native Games and note the additional time). So far it's taken a little under three hours last night and I stopped the game at the entrance to the Crystal Cavern (first time through there). I also didn't buy anything from the first Shaman (Jungle Canyon) such that I had ample Idols to use to buy the Breakdance Strike from the second Shaman (Altar of Huitaca)....that thing is terrific against just about every sort of enemy.

Using your Sling on the monkey babies doesn't seem to sit well with the mother monkey, though!!!! (I tried this at the Battered Bridge the first time through. Didn't work!)

Help in Copacanti Lake

I am in Copacanti Lake, how do I get the door open to Mountain Sled Run? What do I do after the thee heads on the wall slid up and light is shining below them??? How do I get out of Copacanti Lake?

Last edited:
I am in Copacanti Lake, how do I get the door open to Mountain Sled Run? What do I do after the thee heads on the wall slid up and light is shining below them??? How do I get out of Copacanti Lake?

Use your Sling on those spots. Remember to account for gravity when aiming. Enjoy the Mountain Sled Run!

Help!!

OK So I Have Finished Helping Leech And Gotten All The Way Back To The The Great Tree But I Don't Know What to do From There. Can Anyone Help?
I am confused :confused ?

Last edited:
OK So I Have Finished Helping Leech And Gotten All The Way Back To The The Great Tree But I Don't Know What to do From There. Can Anyone Help?
I am confused :confused ?

The game should have zoomed in on a spot on the wall. Use your new Sling to hit that spot (remember to account for gravity if needed).

Back