Please Help, I Need This Fixed Quick

Method of Rhythm

I Got Mad Hax!
Dec 18, 2006
Long Island, NY
Alright my IBM ThinkVantage Lenovo laptap died.

When I go to boot it up the "ThinkVantage" screen comes up and then when it continutes with the boot-up it just has a blinking:

_

I thought maybe it was just doing something with diagnostics or something BUT, I am wrong and the:

_

Just keeps on blinking over and over and the computer does not do a damn thing. What do I do!?

Please help me.

Pfft who no's it could be a number of things, maybe a virus or maybe the bios is ****ed, motherboard may have sh1t itself.

If you have a Windows CD or anything like that, pop it in there and then turn the laptop off and back on again. If it gets far enough, it should let you boot from CD, you'll probably lose your **** though.

And this isn't really the place to ask a technical question like that. You should go to the company's forum or call customer service. 1-866-96-THINK is the number I believe.

It'd give an error message though, not sure why it wouldn't. Even though I haven't seen a floppy drive on a present-gen laptop in a while. XD

I suggest just putting a Windows CD in and if that doesn't work, just call the # I posted.

My laptop did it too before, but it just took a reboot to make it go away. Eventually my laptop just gave out and died, the screen was getting fuzzy and it would get so fuzzy until the screen would just stick and it would crash. I had no idea what the problem was, I got another one after that and the same thing happened to me with that one. :p Maybe those laptops just weren't meant for gaming, I don't know.

Hope this guy's problem is solved, having those kind of troubles sucks.

Alright, calling the number.

Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Just got off the phone with IBM tech Dan (because you all want to know his name) and tried to do all the **** that I already did with F4, F8 and F11 and then finally FU.

The conclusion we came to?
When I updated my Photoshop and/or Sophos something went wrong, oh so terribly wrong...

So now my computer is as good as a paper weight until I re-image it which REALLY blows because my university's IT doesn't open until next Wednesday? And I lose all those nice programs that I have, excuse me had like Adobe Premier Pro, Audtion, Finale, Photoshop, Imaginate, Cakewalk...the list goes on.

SO!

Would anyone like to tell me what series of boot disks I need to download from www.bootdisk.com to just re-image my computer with standard XP so my computer is able to be used for the basics until I can get the custom image discs from my University?

The help I have recieved so far is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Back