Tourette Syndrome READ

XtremeKilling

Got Wii? [1-21-07]
Jan 27, 2007
www.Wii-Own.com
Wii Online Code
3736-0858-9817-8462
Tourette Syndrome DO YOU GOT? FIND OUT!

Hello, and yes, I have tourette's syndrome. My tics involve blicking rapidly and independently (One eye blinks then the other and so forth, and occassionally I blink both eyes rapidly like 50 times during a 10 second period)
No, I do not have the Swearing tic nor do I have ADD.

And I have Complusion.
Complusion is when you do something over and over again for resurance (Checking Homework if its in my bookbag over and over, or press the window button over to make sure its closed)

So...How did I get my tourettes?
My answer is coming from my dad. He has tourettes too. The same exact tics and complusion as me. It is inherited from your mom or dad. It is 5 times higher for a male to get it then a female, so my sister doesn't have it.

This disorder is "ok" rare. It is estimated that only 200,000 americans have tourette's syndrom. Most tics go away as you age. But for my family? I think I'm going to still have it since my dad still has it and he is a adult. There is currently no cure for this disorder.

I was just writing this for people who want to know and I'm trying to find other tourette's syndrome people.

Next time, when you see someone with tourettes, please do not make fun of them, as this is emarrasing. Tourette is something HARD to control, It will take control of you. It is impossible to stop doing the tic.

200,000 Americans
About 1 per 10,000 people.

Thank you for your time and reply to my thread.
BTW I am 13 ^_^

PLEASE POST IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS! THANK YOU!

Last edited:
I think I have a compulsion. I have to have everything lined up symmetrically. Looking in front of me right now, My ds, a packet or crisps my web cam and my mobile is lined up perfectly, and so are the things on the shelf by the side of me.

Might have noticed that my posts have got alot of gaps in between the lines, I just got to have them for some reason to make it look tidier. I do it with like.. everything.

My boyfriend even teases me, I moved things around on his bedside table once to make it all symmetrical and he noticed and he moved something on there just to tease me and it actually made me really uncomfortable knowing it was out of place lol. Shame.

Ahh well.. I know it's nothing compared to yours but.. ahhh weell :thumbsup:

Back