please help

yamaharace

WiiChat Member
Feb 21, 2011
i used to be able to get on the internet on my wii, but now it wont let me. When i search of an access point it says there isnt one ive also tried at one of my friends house it didnt work there either. We havent changed a thing with our wifi. When i do a manual setup i keep getting error code 51030, please help

Error Code: 51030
Unable to connect to your wireless network
Likely cause: Your wireless router may need to be power cycled, or the connection settings have changed.
How to fix: Power cycle your router; redo the connection settings on the Wii and try again.

• Did this connection used to work but has suddenly stopped? "Power cycle" your router by unplugging it from the power outlet. Wait a few minutes, and plug the modem back in. Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to initialize, then plug in the router. Try to connect the Wii or Nintendo DS online and test for proper response.
  • Erase your old connection settings on the Wii and set up a new one, as your router's settings may have changed since you last connected. We suggest following our guide to create a new connection file and start over. If at the end you still need help, you'll find contact information to reach our specially-trained representatives.
SOURCE: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51030&system=Wii&locale=en_US

~Try resetting your router/modem dude then go into your internet connections on your wii and chose the connection you have setup then after that click on "test this connection" if that doesnt work just try doing a manual setup again

if all else fails call ninty

Back