Pokemon Platinum

Garchomp and Torterra alone rip up the league, lol. ... Except Cynthia's Milotic, anyways.

Update on the Battle Hall. 60 wins so far, I just finished off Normal (no Chansey/Blissey, W00T!). Taking on dragon next. Latios' Ice Beam and Draco Meteor's gonna rip them to shreds, lol (unless they have a focus sash... ).

EDIT: Oh my god... Lv. 80 Gible... KILLLLLLLLL... ... ...

Last edited:
Well, there goes my win streak... Rank 9 bug was too much for Latios; a Scizor. I wouldn't even manage a 2HKO with Thunderbolt... OHKO'd by X-scissor. Somehow I'm not overly dissapointed, maybe because for once I didn't lose from pure hax, just a bad matchup. That's the roll of the dice, really.

*LeSigh*
So much to do. Where do I begin?

Hey what are good move sets for My pokemon? Raising all for normal combat. I'll put the moves I think would be good.
Infernape: Close Combat, Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, Rock Climb.
Gliscor: X-Scissor, Night Slash, Thunder Fang, Rire Fang.
Staraptor: Steel Wing, Roost, Brave Bird, Close Combat, Giga Impact.
Luxray: Thunder Fang, Crunch, Iron Tail, Double Team.
Lucario: Earthquake, Aura Sphere, Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge.
Weavile: Night Slash, Metal Claw, Aerial Ace, Ice Punch.

That's the move set I think would be good for them so anything bad?

Damn Brightpowder pokemon...

Alright, so I'm at a loss for ideas of what poke to use for the Battle Hall. Latios is great, but not great enough. Any ideas? I need something that can atleast take a hit, but strikes powerfully enough. It can't have a 4x weakness. More importantly though, it needs to have a sufficient movepool to hit all types for good damage. ... If a pokemon like that even exists, I need it.

umm...how about Absol, Infernape, or Electivire?
far as i know they have great movepools

Absol's movepool is actually a bit subpar, and he's very weak on the defenses, too slow as well. Infernape's too fragile, and even thoguh his movepool's great, it doesn't have enough type variety. Electivire however... With him being weak to only ground, that just might not be a bad idea. He's not slow, but he's not fast, so I'm not sure how it'l work... It's possible though.

The only thing I'm worried about is Cross Chop missing when I need it most... usually it's one miss and I'm KO'd.

Finally went and beat the E4. Cynthia's Garchomp is the only one worth mentioning... pain in the ass. Dragon Rush missed once out of like 8 times, nearly OHKOing Giratina each time. I guess I was kinda underleveled though. Time: 38:02. Winning team:

Golduck (Timid) - Lv 54 - Item: Splash Plate
Water Pulse, Confusion, Screech, Disable

Infernape (Bashful) - Lv 57 - Item: Flame Plate
Flamethrower, Close Combat, Mach Punch, Taunt

Luxray (Sassy) - Lv 54 - Item: Quick Claw
Spark, Crunch, Scary Face, Roar

Clefable (Bold) - Lv 50 - Item: Razor Claw
Hidden Power (Fighting), Metronome, Sing, Moonlight

Giratina (Quirky) - Lv 48 - Item: Dragon Fang
Dragon Claw, Shadow Force, Ominous Wind, AncientPower

Tropius (Docile) - Lv 28
Razor Leaf, Fly, Defog, Rock Smash

Man it took a lot of MooMoo Milks. Off to get the national dex...

@CK: Dusknoir?

38:02? ... Wow. Lol.

Dusknoir doesn't have enough power, and can only allocate enough EVs for one defense stats to prevent being 2HKO'd... Defensive pokes won't work.

Can you switch items midway through the Battle Hall? Otherwise, I'd say YacheChomp sounds solid, changing to the dragon berry just for the dragon type challenge. Gallade may also work, gets kind of hurt hard on the physical side. Lucario sounds like it could work, same with Jirachi.

Lucario might work, but he's a tad slow, and at the same time with terrible defenses, E-speed doesn't cut it.

You can actually switch between pokemon as long as they're the same species, it's what I pulled with my Latios. Cloned them and gave them different movesets. If only I had an HP fire Latios, I wouldn't of lost to Scizor... -.-

Yeah, Garchomp might be a solution. I'm not sure what he'd do against Focus Sash Weavile, though (I fought one on the Dark challenge). He's obviously fast and potent, very bulky... The only issue is will I be able to OHKO everything with an Ice move (bulky waters), and KO everything faster than me before they do so to my own Garchomp...

Also, an important note; you have to fight all 17 types 10 times, probably about 2-3 lethal pokemon per each type. Or atleast, if you want a Gold Print you do.

@CK: Garchomp with yache berry
Lucario with Aura Sphere/Arial Ace for brightpowder dicks

Max speed Breloom
Spore/Sub/FocusPunch/SeedBonb

Swellow
Protect/ArialAce/Return/U-Turn(Or Steel Wing)

You could always try OHKO Articuno?

Working on sorting...again.

what do you guys think are good pokemon that come early in the game that will be great throughout the game?

Back