Pokemon X/Y

I wonder if this is set like Friend Safari, or if it differs between players. I've seen the same two Pokemon on several different people before.

Anyone know what mine uses?

An Electric-type? So long as it's not a Stunfisk, this is good.
The other one's a Slowbro, in case you're wondering.

In Pokémon X and Y, Elgyem and Beheeyem can learn Steel Wing from TM51. This is due to an oversight; in Generation V, TM51 contained Ally Switch, and the Pokémon are only available from Poké Transporter.

Heh.

Skimmed through Serebii's list of new Egg Moves for Gen 6. Didn't see all-that much that's interesting in regards to what Poke Transporter 'mons can bring to Pokes already available, but I did notice that Koffing has T-Spikes as an egg move now... which can be passed to Cofagrigus. A spin-blocker. QUICK, EVERYONE BREED A DEFOG DELIBIRD

Also, Tepig gets Sucker Punch. I certainly don't see Emboar ever showin' up in OU, but now it has priority and great neutral coverage with it's Fighting-type STAB, it might be higher than RU... ?

Wow, so it's sorta like Froslass, but it trades speed for actual defenses. Granted, Spikes > Toxic Spikes, imo.

Kingler will probably use Ally Switch in a lot of doubles movesets. It's a fairly useful move there. Yay.

Oh god, Rhyperior will probably make great use of Metal Burst. It has the ability to tank two Close Combats from a Heracross without a boosting item, it's crazy how much physical bombardment that thing can tank. It can often even tank a super effective special attack thanks to its great HP and Solid Rock, assuming it's not a grass or water move.

I guess Tailwind makes Ledian a better supporter. As much as I adore the ladybug, it's still, well, Ledian. Meh, it's better than Beedrill, Dustox, and Kricketune at least. Not much of an accomplishment, granted.

Ariados actually has good attack power now thanks to Megahorn, and with Sticky Web maybe it won't be horrible.

Lanturn loves Soak, self explanatory.

Shell Smash Magcargo + Guard Swap sounds neat at first glance, but it's really not viable to be honest.

I doubt Sableye will ever find room for Imprision on its moveset, aside from maybe in doubles, with Protect.

I can confirm that Destiny Bond is really cool on Sharpedo. My Focus Sash Sharpedo in the Battle Maison usually gets a minimum of two kills thanks to the move. Oh, and I guess Mega Houndoom likes it too, thanks to its high speed and great coverage with just its STAB moves. Meh.

Swalot can't really fit Venom Drench into a moveset. Stockpile seems to outclass it. Edit: Maybe with Toxic Spikes support, actually.

Crawdaunt adores Aqua Jet. Switcheroo is neat too.

Banette really appreciates Phantom Force.

Boomburst makes Chatot actually decent, to be honest, combined with Chatter's new 100% confusion chance.

Mantibuzz appreciates Foul Play, since it has bad offenses.

Last edited:
Ariados actually has good attack power now thanks to Megahorn, and with Sticky Web maybe it won't be horrible.

nope.avi

Boomburst makes Chatot actually decent, to be honest, combined with Chatter's new 100% confusion chance.

In all due comical fashion, Chatot's Boomburst actually hits harder than Noivern and even Exploud's. Since the move is basically a Hyper Beam that trades the recharge effect (and lackluster accuracy) for the ability to own Substitutes, maybe Chatot will be usable in NU.

... Is what I would say if Heat Wave wasn't illegal with Boomburst. Exploud's movepool is too much for the parrot to mimic, so if they end up in the same tier, Chatot is gonna drop another tier/almost never be used.

I'm not trying to argue that it will be a good Pokemon. It's bad. Bad, but maybe not quite horrible. At least in the lower tiers, it has no business being used above NU. Maybe RU, if we're being optimistic? Eh.

In all due comical fashion, Chatot's Boomburst actually hits harder than Noivern and even Exploud's. Since the move is basically a Hyper Beam that trades the recharge effect (and lackluster accuracy) for the ability to own Substitutes, maybe Chatot will be usable in NU.

... Is what I would say if Heat Wave wasn't illegal with Boomburst. Exploud's movepool is too much for the parrot to mimic, so if they end up in the same tier, Chatot is gonna drop another tier/almost never be used.
It has actual speed, so it can do some jobs that Exploud can't do well, due to said speed. It seems like it would be a decent low tier cleaner/sweeper, you just have to weaken/remove the steel, rock, and ghost types that it struggles with. Its fragility and movepool issues make Exploud a better Pokemon in general, but Chatot isn't completely outclassed.

We'll probably get tutors in "Z" anyway, those generally carry Heat Wave, among other things.

Ariados has no business bein' used in any tier where another Spider Web user exists. It is most certainly horrible.

We'll probably get tutors in "Z" anyway, those generally carry Heat Wave, among other things.

We'll assuredly get tutors. But that's a whole other metagame. For now, Chatot's movepool is utter trash... and Heat Wave won't let it tackle Ghost 'n Rock-types anyways. It'l have t' get somethin' new to cover said Pokes. Otherwise, it'l need team support both for it's rather average Speed (which might be above average in RU dunno lawl) and to remove the types that practically hard counter it.

Ariados has no business bein' used in any tier where another Spider Web user exists. It is most certainly horrible.
Kricketune is "another Sticky Web user", does it count? Personally I think Ariados is the superior of the two. It hits harder with Megahorn, has a secondary poison typing, gets Sucker Punch, and has not-terrible physical bulk. It's slower, but it's not like base 65 speed is good either.

Regardless of Kricketune, whatever, at least we agree that Ariados is bad. Merely to different degrees.

Speaking of Sticky Web users, I realized recently that using something Defog on Contrary Shuckle raises its evasion a stage for each hit. That's neat. Not that it will make Dirge think any better of the bug....

I don't remember Serebii listin Sticky Web users other than Galvantula and Ariados... didn't know there're more options than Galvantula 'n Smeargle. Not that any of said options are usable in OU.

I can confirm that Ariados is utter ****. Trust me on this one, Neosquid.

And about Sticky Web, I'll be trying to use a Leavanny with it. Apparently unevolved Sewaddle can learn it, but I'm not quite sure that's true yet.

I can confirm that Ariados is utter ****. Trust me on this one, Neosquid.
You make it sound like I'm saying it's a good Pokemon. I'm just not going to dismiss it as being "utter ****" so quickly. I believe it probably has SOME merit in NU. It hits hard, has Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes, priority, and isn't quite as frail as most of its fellow early bugs.

Last edited:
Back