Pokemon X/Y

I've always been somewhat confused why suicide setters are so popular even now.

Because Smeargle usually puts somethin' to sleep as well, and popular spinners aren't made to last (lack of recovery moves; ohai Excadrill). Also, momentum.

But 'ey, I've seen plenty of TTar 'n Ferrothorn with Rocks in competitive replays.

Gems in Gen VI getting reduced to a 30% boost

Guess they got sick'a all the Pokes holdin' gems in BW VGC... ._.

I've always been somewhat confused why suicide setters are so popular even now. I mean, I get that they get hazards up really well, but they tend to be deathfodder otherwise. I understand that can be worth it, but I feel like most teams would be better off with a less specialized hazard setter. Something that sets up hazards almost as reliably, but does other things to notable effect. Like Ferrothorn.
I had a team consisting of three suicide setters. And then Moxie Gyarados (after getting a Dragon Dance boost) convinced me to drop it.

three suicide setters
poker_face_2_by_rober_raik-d4cxlfn.png

you did the right thing

Umm

tumblr_myyyzxp4gR1qe8oe9o1_500.jpg

should i be like
scared

Also, just found out that Toxic never misses if used by a poison type. Nothing more than a nice little perk, but it makes me smile nonetheless.

[STRIKE]Now, if only T-Spikes set up two layers at once for Poison-types.[/STRIKE]

Last edited:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/No_Guard_(Ability) said:
Outside of battle, if a Pokémon with No Guard is leading the party, the wild Pokémon encounter rate is increased to 150%.
lolwut

Back