possible Donkey Kong 64 release in 2011?

dingo1339

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2010
Cali
who thinks it might happen? lot of people say its not gonna happen cuz of the RARE being bought by Microsoft thing. if this WAS true, we would have never gotten the DKC trilogy on SNES VC. Donkey Kong is an official Nintendo character, and Microsoft owning Rare now should have nothing to do with it not being released.

in my opinion and thoughts, i think it hasnt come out yet cuz of emulation issues and stuff and getting the emulation right for the VC. cuz this game DOES REQUIRE the expansion pack to play. that and the in-game arcade games (Original Donkey Kong and JetPac) also, if the game does come out, i think its gonna have a special release date like on what they did with Majora's Mask and Super Smash Bros.

any other thoughts?

I can tell Exactly what the problem is.

Hello all this is my first post here. I actually signed up because I got sick of seeing the same debates all over the place about this. I figured I should set the record straight.

Donkey Kong 64 runs extremely slow on the Wii when You can get it running. As I am sure We all really like the Wii it is under powered compared to the other current gen systems.

A VC is only an emulator with a stock N64 rom placed in side the wad with special additional files for speed hacks to help the emulator run the game as fast as possible, or convert the language to a native one (for example in sin and punishment the rom is still in Japanese in side the VC).

I have a n64 that is not in use, a legal purchased n64 DK64 cartridge and a legal way to load a free n64 emulator on to the Wii. It was test with the n64 boxed away and not in use and the cartridge sitting on the table in the room with Me, just in case any one gets nervous about copyright stuff. I also have the original expansion pack in the the n64.

It takes minutes to load and runs at maybe 16 frames a second. For all intents and purposes not really playable.

However if Nintendo has a way to do some serious speed hacking in the VC emulator they use then maybe it could be possible. I just don't see how they could pick up that much speed in the game. I have been working with cross platorm compatibility for years as well as emulators (only mentioned because that is what the vc is). So I know a thing or to about this.

As far as power goes My original Xbox can run PS1 games at twice the speed of the Wii. That says a little something about the power of the system. Please do not get Me wrong the Wii is a great little gaming computer and I really like mine.

My honest opinion is that they will never release DK64, unless they can get it to run at near full speed.

Otherwise the public will have a negative opinion of the console and that will hurt public opinion and sales.

As for Rare they state in public that they have no idea why it has not been released. After all Microsoft and there affiliates like money as much as any one else.

Sorry if this post was little long, But I hope that answers every ones questions.

The chances of it being released is low to be honest there are so many VC game requests to be released but so far little progress is made
in my opinion i want Yoshi's Island on the VC

iam actually happy i have an n64 with the DK64 cartridge

The chances of it being released is low to be honest there are so many VC game requests to be released but so far little progress is made
in my opinion i want Yoshi's Island on the VC

iam actually happy i have an n64 with the DK64 cartridge

Hahaa i am too. It's all awesome in it's yellowness and red expansion cart lol.

I got yoshis island 2....pretty pissed they didnt put that or mario world on the mario anniversary cd. :(

@AntZeroX

Maybe the 30th anniversary lol? You can buy SMW on VC by the way. YS2 isn't released I think.

Yeah lol maybe. I wouldn't buy it on the vc, i have the cartridge and gba cartridge. I doub't they will release it. Don't you think it should have been included in that 25anniversary cd though? what a bunch of slackers haha

Trust me they made a lot of mistakes with the 25th yr edition

i remember getting the box went home played in less than 10 minutes took out the disk of it and put back in the case then on the box its now there collecting dust :sick: I'am dissaopinted that there wasnt at least a DVD documentary about it

Trust me they made a lot of mistakes with the 25th yr edition

i remember getting the box went home played in less than 10 minutes took out the disk of it and put back in the case then on the box its now there collecting dust :sick: I'am dissaopinted that there wasnt at least a DVD documentary about it

Don't be too mad though. It was 30 bucks and now it's selling on ebay and amazon for 70-100+ dollars. So you got something at of it haha

thats funny
because i was going to sell this on ebay for $70 + Free Shipping because iam a nice guy
while that happens iam going to get another one for $30 at a VG store next to my old High School love that store \m/ and they still have it in stock ;D

Back