Post Your School Schedules

paintba||er said:

No, I only have eleven since a lot of them are both semesters.

Oh, alright, still though that sounds like a drag.

Also with school, I do not understand why we must be in it for so long, you can honestly learn a class in 2 weeks, just like they do in Summer School. You might forget some things, but it beats going for the whole year when you don't need to.

dakuda said:
Maybe you don't do well in math because you make up answers, just as that statistic is made up.
LOL that was obviously made up. It is just my opinion. Maybe I should have said most of what they teach I won't ever use. I seriously doubt that anyone is ever going to ask me to factor a polynomial by rewriting it as the difference between two squares........

CantGetAWii said:
Oh, alright, still though that sounds like a drag.

Also with school, I do not understand why we must be in it for so long, you can honestly learn a class in 2 weeks, just like they do in Summer School. You might forget some things, but it beats going for the whole year when you don't need to.

i dont agree with that comment.

i've been out of school for 2 3/4 years. and i didnt pay too much attention when i was in the last 2 or so years of school..

here i am forgetting how to do alot of math problems. and i'm only a storeperson!.:shocked:

stay in school and learn as much as you can, trust me. i didnt and now i've basically going to go no where in life beacuse of that.

paintba||er said:

LOL that was obviously made up. It is just my opinion. Maybe I should have said most of what they teach I won't ever use. I seriously doubt that anyone is ever going to ask me to factor a polynomial by rewriting it as the difference between two squares........
You would be very surprised at how useful math is you know! A lot of it does seem pointless at the time of doing it, but once you go into it more a lot of it comes together and shapes some pretty useful stuff! I am studying math at University and am due to start my second year in September, and although it can be hard, alls math is is getting your head around the problem and understanding what you need to do to find a solution...easier said than done of course, but as soon as you're there, particularly pre-Uni level, its easy as f*ck.
It does help to have a good teacher though, for the majority of my math classes from when I was 12 to when I left school and 6th Form at 18, I had arguably one of the best (in my opinion) math teachers in the country. I noticed the difference of having a sh*t teacher when I did a Mechanics module - the teacher was a joke and nobody learned anything, we nearly got him sacked because he was so pathetic. Then we had another teacher (a very good one) come in and he had to teach us the whole course in about a 1/3 of the year's time.

But as steelersfatboy said "you can't study for it", thats perfectly true, and that is one of the beauty's of math when it comes to revision, alls you can do is past papers, which I prefer A LOT, rather than going through all of your notes and trying to remember it all.

CantGetAWii said:
I also don't agree with that comment, you cannot possibly learn a full and proper class in 2 weeks. You would have to study it for like 24 hours a day to be able to learn it decently at best. The whole point of it being so long is so you can remember it, there's no point doing it if you don't remember it, because anything you go on to do will require basic things that you've learnt, and depending on what you're doing, more advanced things.

well im in college .. a Senior at that.. not many classes

Tuesday/Thursday
Law/Justice 8:30am- 10:10am
Modern Philosophy 10:20am-12p
Ethics 4:40pm-6:20

and that's all.. free Mondays/Wednesdays OH but then there is Volleyball Practice

Eagles said:
Basically the same as me in Year 11 apart from Biology Vs Ancient History, what are you thinking of doing at uni?

that is alot of MATH mannnnnn!!! Good Luck

I haven't actually let you guys know my schedule, I can tell you're all dying to know...so yeh, here it is: http://csdinfo4.liv.ac.uk/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/dmswww/DH.cgi?code=M201+M227+M243+M247+M206+M244+M262+M266

There was no way I was typing all that out...

Note:
First Semester
201 - Ordinary Differential Equations
227 - Mathematical Models of Non-Physical Systems
243 - Complex Functions
247 - Commutative Algebra

Second Semester
206 - Group Project Module
244 - Linear Algebra and Geometry
262 - Introduction to Financial Mathematics
266 - Numerical Analysis, Solution of Linear Equations

when i was in geometry, my friend was able to do every problem in his head in about 30 seconds, it came natraully to him, of course he didnt get everyone right, but he still got A's and B's on all the tests, he took an IQ test, and his IQ was 175 at the age of 14 (hes 15 now, but he took the test last year) so a lot of subjects wouldnt be difficult for him, and what paintballer said about the teachers teaching too slow, thats part of the problem, they dont take the time to explain it so every single person understands the subject

and yes, that is my opinion, only because i dont have enough proof/evidence to say it happens for everybody or anybody

Do you all have different sets for each subject/class? Like set 1 is the cleverest and set 6 is the, erm, least cleverest?

Lewi T said:
Do you all have different sets for each subject/class? Like set 1 is the cleverest and set 6 is the, erm, least cleverest?

we dont have sets, we have levels in my school

honors - highest
advanced - above average
academic - average
studies - below average.

each level gets a different amount of work, and depending on the level determines how fast a teacher will teach a certain subject, so say your learning something in algebra in academic, the teacher may teach it for say oh 2 weeks, but for honors it could be something like 5 days.

Lewi T said:
In my school the stupid people just take different subjects from the smarter people. For example, someone that is really stupid may take Math 7 or Algebra, where someone that is really smart will take Calculus or something. Or for some subjects there are advanced placement classes that you can choose to take (no one is forced to take them) and at the end of the year you take a test and if you pass it you get a college credit for the class. And I'm not sure if you would count the classes for handicapped/extremely stupid people which is like 2 + 5 and stuff, and you can't fail those classes, they grade you on effort. :rolleyes:

I wont have my timetable until I go back for my 'induction' week in college which is like 2nd week of September or something.

It's stupid as an induction week is to settle you in to college and they take you around everywhere for you to get to know the place.. but it's my second year there so I know where everything is :confused:

But yeah I'm taking -

A2 Photography
A2 Media Studies
AS Film Studies

Back