Problems With The DS

Tongy

XxShadowTongyxX
Aug 21, 2007
Lehi Utah
Wii Online Code
0824-1834-3389-0790
I am having some problems with my Nintendo DS. The games shake, some horribly bad. Two of my games, one that shaks really bad, and the other hardly shakes at all. Well they both froze within two hours of play. Now one of those two games, only froze one time so far, and I have played about six hours. The other one I have not played yet. Is this common? I mean at all? Do all DS games shake? About 90% of the games I purchase shake, and do not freeze. Please answer my question as soon as you can. Thank you for your time.

Its not while they are in the system. Its when they are out of the case, and being held in your hand. If you shake them, SLIGHTLY, you will hear the chip inside rattle. It has happened with most of the games I have bought, and I almost guarantee that most your games shake. You just have not noticed, because none of them have frozen up on you. Please though, only real answers, not stupid ones just to get more posts.

Tongy said:
Its not while they are in the system. Its when they are out of the case, and being held in your hand. If you shake them, SLIGHTLY, you will hear the chip inside rattle. It has happened with most of the games I have bought, and I almost guarantee that most your games shake. You just have not noticed, because none of them have frozen up on you. Please though, only real answers, not stupid ones just to get more posts.

:rolleyes: Sorry I misunderstood your question, I don't care about post count...

Sorry man, I don't think that any of my game cartridges have a lose chip inside. Maybe its just your bad luck. You should take it back to the store and show the employees about the sound when you shake it. They may be able to replace it for you. Goodluck.

The thing is they tell me that everyone of the games shake. Its something with shipment or some crap. The first few times they replaced them. But if they keep doing that, with every game I buy, they have to sell it as used, and lose money in the deal, while losing two new games, for the price of one. I have a friend that has more DS games than me, and not one of them shake. It was not a problem until I bought Brothers in Arms DS, and The Settlers. Both games froze after two hours of play, but I have played them both an additional two hours, and neither froze. I am hoping the first two hours was it. I talked to my buddy, he said that something is shorting them out. Like metal, or the power is going somewhere else, causing me to lose the game. If the problem continues, I suppose I could return it for a defective product. Any ideas on what I should do?

Have you tried playing the same games on a friend's DS? If the game freezes on his/her DS as well, then you can know for sure that the problem is the cartridge. But, if the games seem to work fine on their DS, then the cause of the problem is definitely the DS itself. You can get a replacement if you take it back to the store where you purchased the DS.

I returned one of my games today, because it froze for the second time. The new copy seems to work fine. It has not froze on me once, and I have played for about two hours. The time it took the first copy to freeze. My other game, Brothers In Arms, has not froze since the first two hours of play. I think that gamestop just sucks. Thank you for all of your help, it seems as though the games are the source of the problem, not my DS.

My DS is not the problem. If you read my post right before yours, you would have realized that I returned a game, and the game has not frozen on me, since I got a new copy.

Back